Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Erie (Summit Township)
Ranked #16 of 38 Hotels in Erie
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We rented the suite with another family, it had pleanty of space for the 8 of us (4 adults, 4 kids), however when we first got to our room and were unpacking we noticed that the kitchen was very poorly equiped - only had 4 plates, no forks or knives, no bowls, no glasses or mugs and no cooking utensils. We spoke with the front desk who then fairly quickly brought us enough cutlery and plates, etc. However still no cooking utensils and no lids that fit the pots. I would advise the hotel that if they are going to rent a suite that it should be a properly stocked kitchen, with at least the bare essentials like a knife to cut food with. The washrooms were very clean, the suite has 2 washrooms, one with a jetted tub. Overall our stay was good, I would stay at this hotel again. It was attached to Splash Lagoon so you could walk entirely inside in your bathing suits - that was very nice. Many, many restaurants closeby.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Erie (Summit Township), responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2013

Dear Erin S,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent visit at our hotel and for providing us with your valuable feedback. It is nice to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to improve and continually provide the best experience possible.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again very soon.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Erie (Summit Township)

Reviewed 3 September 2013

We stayed at this property for a night while shopping in Pa, with the waterpark being the attraction for our younger daughter. The waterpark is alot of fun by the way, and attached directly to the hotel.

The people at the front desk at check were very friendly and extreamly helpful. The room itself is pretty basic Holiday Inn, with decent beds, wifi, flat screen tv, etc. I would also rank it average in terms of being clean and well kept.

Breakfast was quite good, and fortunately set up to deal with a large number of people, which there were.

All in all, I would stay here again if traveling with the kids as the waterpark is a bonus; if traveling alone for business, i would most likely stay elsewhere in Erie.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Erie (Summit Township), responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2013

Dear ToSquareBob1,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. I'm glad to hear you found our front desk staff to be friendly and extremely helpful. We are hospitality professionals who pride ourselves on delivering world class service and are happy doing so. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to improve and continually provide the best experience possible.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 28 August 2013

The appearance of the room and beds were very nice. Kids enjoyed tub. The smoke detector battery died at 2am and beep loudly until 4am when I finally comprehended what was going on. I was so extremely tired. Called front desk I said the smoke detector...... He knew what it was before I told him my whole story. He was up there in ten mins stood on my children's bed as they were sleeping and changed battery. Frustrated it took me three hours to get back to sleep. Then we needed to check out by 11am. I explained to manager what happened. She acted like I was being rude. Saying it was an unforeseen event. I told her that they recommend an automatic battery change for smoke detectors. The fact they are a hotel they should routinely change batteries. The assistant manager continued to get more upset with me like this issue was my fault. When I repeatedly explained to her I only slept a few hours and my eyes were swollen and I had a headache. They were no help at all!!! She said so sorry the hotel has been at maximum capasity lately. They don't have time. Very annoyed that they didn't try to settle this with me or give me a discount on my stay or coupon for another stay or anything at all!!! Rude manager.

• Stayed: August 2013
Karly M, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Erie (Summit Township), responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2013

We would like to thank you for having chosen our hotel and we also would like to thank you for having taken the time to share your valuable comments with us. Guest comments like yours are paramount for allowing us to focus our attention where guests’ feel it is necessary. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. I would personally like to apologize for getting off on the wrong foot with you in the beginning. My intentions were to never be rude to you and I am extremely sorry I came across that way. I was just trying to explain our process and maybe the words I used came across incorrectly. Due to the ideas that you have brought to our attentions we have a different action plan on how to change out our batteries to keep everything up to date and safe. With the state of PA we have to be inspected every 6 months on our pull stations as well as the fire alarms, during this time we will change out all batteries in the units. The fire alarm themselves are hard wired as well as battery operated. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and we would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts, and hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed 27 August 2013

We visited this hotel this past weekend. The description of the hotel as well as the reviews were very misleading. We booked with the understanding that the attached waterpark was included and for the price never doubted that it was. After checking in, we were told that the price, for which we already paid and was nonrefundable, did not include the waterpark. The additional cost for the waterpark for the five of us would have been another $200. Sadly, two of us got to go to the waterpark while the other three of us stayed in the room, due to the unexpected cost. Just be aware that if you book a stay at holiday inn the waterpark is not included regardless of how the synopsis/marketing lists it.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Karly M, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Erie (Summit Township), responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2013

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. Your satisfaction is important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel. Please accept our apologies for the disappointment you had with Splash Lagoon waterpark not being included in the room rate. We do offer the packages which are booked through a seperate website or through their 800 number. Rest assured that we take all comments and suggestions to heart so that we can improve, and we are working on different verbage for the website. Thank you again.

Reviewed 24 August 2013

This hotel has a great location. Located right in the heart of Peach Street, the plaza where Splash Lagoon is located and near great shopping and restaurants. I stayed at this hotel when I was a little younger and might I say, travelling with young kids.. you will love this hotel! We had a room with bunk beds attached to it as well as a TV, DVD player and video game consol ( the consol didn't work ). The pool was good to swim in during the day but at night, the greenhouse style pool wasn't that great. The lobby was nice, vending area was average and the Boston Pizza attached to it was good. Overall , great place to go if you have kids

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family

Thank you for writing such a great review on the hotel! It is so great to see you and your family enjoyed your time here with us! The kid's suite is a great room to have when you have little one's they truly enjoy their own space! I am very sorry that the game system did not work correctly for you. The location of the hotel is in the main business stretch of Erie so very easy to find a place to eat as well as shop. We very much look forward to a future visit from you, and thank you again for the positive review.

Reviewed 17 August 2013 via mobile

This place is amazing, The price included the waterpark, breakfast and a one night stay. The breakfast was hot full breakfast with eggs, sausage, and pancakes. The hotel was adjacent to waterpark allowing us to go back to our rooms when we needed. I highly recommend this place if you have kids.

• Stayed: August 2013

Thanks for taking the time to contribute your feedback, we are always eager to find out our guests opinion. Your positive comments are valuable feedback for our team. I see that you had a package with splash lagoon which is the best way to book when going to the waterpark on your visit. Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your visit to Erie and to Splash Lagoon, and we hope to see you again on another visit.

Reviewed 12 August 2013

The main reason that we chose this hotel was the attached waterpark, and we were not disappointed. My nephew had a blast, and our suite was clean and spacious. They provided a great breakfast, and despite what some earlier reviewers said, I felt that the staff was very friendly, helpful, and patient. I would definitely recommend this place to families with kids, but maybe not for other travelers. There are a lot of kids running around, so this might not be the most peaceful place to stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

We are so thrilled to see that you and your family throughly enjoyed your time here with us as well as Splash Lagoon. Thank you for the positive comments about the cleanliness of your room and the friendly helpful and patient staff! We value comments like yours to know what kind of job we are doing. Thank you for the review! We look forward to having you stay with us again the next time you are in Erie area.