“An accidental GREAT find!”

Pineapple Eddie Southern Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Pineapple Eddie Southern Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 415 Restaurants in Erie
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Welcome to Pineapple Eddie Southern Bistro, Erie, Pennsylvania's newest dining experience. This family owned restaurant with its fusion of Southern regional and Caribbean cuisine is quickly becoming one of the hottest dining spots in the city. The harmonious mix of flavor, atmosphere and impeccable service makes this establishment one of Erie's culinary gems. If you're looking for a new restaurant that offers uniquely delicious food and a wonderful environment your friends and family will love, Pineapple Eddie is the place to be. Based in Erie, Pennsylvania, our family restaurant brings the flavor and hospitality of the south to the north.
Reviewed 10 June 2014

My husband and I decided to spend the day in Erie and I wanted to find a good place for us to eat lunch, luckily I found a GREAT!
We'll start with the negative which is that parking isn't good and portions could be a bit larger. That sums up the negative.
We each ordered a bowl of soup that came with a cornbread muffin. I had the Chicken Poblano and hubby had Roasted Red Pepper Bisque both were delicious.
We ordered Catfish and Grits as an appetizer that we shared. The catfish was done to perfection and the creole sauce over the creamy, smooth grits was remarkable.
I ordered the Crabcake sandwich, it had plenty of real crab, and it wasn't greasy. It was the best crabcake I have had in a restaurant.
My husband ordered the Chicken and Waffle sandwich...INCREDIBLE! The chicken was perfectly seasoned again, not greasy or heavy, not salty, just great flavor.
After all this we were tempted with their homemade desserts.
I ordered The Pineapple Eddie which is grilled pound cake with fresh pineapple that is sauteed in brown sugar. Decadent and rich.
Hubby ordered the Coconut Pie, it reminded him of his grandma's! It was sensational!
The wait staff was very nice, informative, and personable. Some of the best I've dealt with.
The next time my husband is in Erie for work he will be ordering 4 Chicken and Waffle sandwiches to go!

1  Thank shellzbellz2

Reviewed 6 June 2014

Was very shocked to find a restaurant like Pineapple Eddie's in Erie. Owners are fabulous and the food very authentic. It's a favorite spot for the wife and I.

Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

Great lunch. Poor dinner...steak way over done and tough. Service was slow but pleasant. They could lose the TV in the dining area.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

Me and my girl eat at a lot of restaurants and I can finally say I'm not disappointed. I ordered the chicken and waffles and it was presented beautifully and the favors matched up perfectly. My girl ordered the pork something and the pork was seasoned nicely and very tender. The server was very knowledgable and polite. The only thing is I wish the service was just a tad bit faster...but overall a very positive experience

Reviewed 9 April 2014

Have eaten at Pineapple Eddies two times in the last 2-3months. The first time I rate the food and service very good but the second time not so much. I chose the crab cake sandwich and was immediately disappointed with the presentation and the quality of the sandwich. Bun was soggy, crab meat not tasty, lettuce not the freshest etc. Potato chips were served along with it which Seemed tacky. Just not a good experience and with their prices on the higher bed, one would expect better quality.

Been to Pineapple Eddie Southern Bistro? Share your experiences!