“Great family fun and scenic!”

Waldameer Park & Water World
Ranked #2 of 65 things to do in Erie
More attraction details
Owner description: Give your family all the fun and excitement of more than 75 great attractions at Waldameer. You'll find thrilling rides and family classics, plus some awesome rides for the little ones! Then there's Water World, a whole waterpark full of wet n’ wild fun for everyone.Plus, check out challenging midway games, tasty summertime foods and enjoy great free entertainment with 3 musical shows daily at our Showtime Theatre.Waldameer & Water World is a family-owned and family-friendly – we are proud of our Park’s major expansion in recent years, which has only improved upon the park’s long rich history of providing safe, clean and affordable summertime fun!
Reviewed 27 March 2012

Enjoy amusement parks, but not true enthusiasts; however would return to Walameer again and again! It was fun, clean, inexpensive compared to many parks, and truly a sight to see on the shores of Lake Erie!

2  Thank Roadtrav
in 9 reviews
"per ride"
in 16 reviews

Reviewed 27 March 2012

Our family goes to Waldameer once a year. Once is about all we can handle, having four young children, but it is definitely one of the highlights of our summer. Ticket prices are reasonable, especially if you purchase the combo for both parks. The kids could easily spend all day in the lazy river, but it's usually so crowded that I usher them out after a couple go rounds. The rides in the park get better with each new addition. Last year my oldest (eight years old), persuaded me to go with her on the X-Scream... I have been to big theme parks and ridden some big rollercoasters and I love them... but this was almost enough to make me wet my pants. It was so much fun I had to convince my husband to go on it and did it a second time! There's typical carnival food and arcade games, and we always have a fantastic time. We leave absolutely exhausted and usually sweaty and slightly sunburned, but ALWAYS smiling. What a great attraction to have in our little town!

3  Thank JKCfamily
Reviewed 20 March 2012

This park is fantastic and reminiscent of great old parks that would pop up around the country. Admission is free - you just purchase tickets or an all day ride pass. There's also a fairly good waterpark which I usually skip.

We come here every 4th of July - the lines are never bad and the fireworks are launched right above the park. Their fireworks are consistently some of the best I've seen for 4th of July. The park also has great small rides, a chair lift (which can be rare at parks now) and a fun old wacky shack type ride.

But the best part of this park is it's top rated wooden roller coaster - Ravine Flyer II. It consistently rates among the top ten in the country, and while not incredibly high or fast, it's fairly extreme for a small park in Erie. The coaster drops in and out of a ravine, has great views of the lake, and flies over the expressway even. Makes a trip to this park worth it just for the coaster.

3  Thank ark18
Reviewed 10 March 2012

Its free to walk around and just enjoy the park. The price for riding is right as long as you buy a ride-o-rama. More of a park/rides for kids 16 and under though.

1  Thank Irish M
See more reviews
Reviewed 4 March 2012

This park is great for families. The parking is free and the admission is free is you are not riding the rides. This is great if you have grandparents that don't ride anything but come along to see the grand kids ride. Kiddie land is kind of small, but my kids ages 3-7 rally had a great time. The atmosphere is reminicent of an older period of time which is great. You can buy tickets separately or you can buy an arm band to ride all day. The park grounds and bathrooms are clean. We have been there several times and my kids keep wanting to go back.

3  Thank Lepino3