“Very Nice Park! Great Admission Price!”

Waldameer & Water World
Ranked #4 of 68 things to do in Erie
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Give your family all the fun and excitement of more than 100 great rides, slides, and attractions at Waldameer. You’ll find thrilling rides and family classics, plus some awesome rides for the little ones! Then there’s Water World, a whole water park full of wet n’ wild fun for everyone. Plus, check out challenging midway games, tasty summertime foods and enjoy great free entertainment with 3 musical shows daily at our Showtime Theater. Waldameer & Water World is a family-owned and family-friendly – we are proud of our Park’s major expansion in recent years, which has only improved upon the park’s long rich history of providing safe, clean and affordable summertime fun!
Reviewed 22 June 2009

We just visited Waldameer/Water World Park June 16th, 2009, for the first time. We were very pleased! The first half of the day was spent riding at Waldameer. The rides were (mostly) fun...our favorites were 1) the Ravine Flyer 2, a roller coaster whose first drop (you can see Lake Erie from the top!) plunges you 120 feet at a 60 degree angle into a tunnel and takes you across and back over a 4 lane highway that is the entrance to Presque Isle State Park and whizzes you by the Tom Ridge Environmental Center, 2) the Steel Dragon...a coaster that has cars that spin, and 3) the X-Scream, a tower that takes you up 120 feet then plunges you straight back down! Didn't like the Ali Baba ride....my 16 yr old daughter bumped her head off the metal bar (because of being jerked sideways) and got a large goose egg on the back of her head and we think she may have had a mild concussion. If you are a shorter person or have a back/neck condition, I wouldn't recommend this ride. The huge ferris wheel is a treat....from the top you can see Lake Erie and some of the beaches at Presque Isle. And I suggest taking a leaisurely flight on the sky lift so you can catch an ariel view of the park. And Water World is very nice! My favorite was the Endless River....a slow moving 2 foot "river" you ride in an inner tube - it circles much of the water park and has a few waterfalls you can go under. The rest of the family seemed to enjoy the many slides. Food prices, as with all amusement parks, were a little much and the quality was mediocre, so next time we go we are planning on taking a cooler and portable grill and cooking at one of the picnic areas. Tickets for both parks cost $22.95 per person, but we stayed at a motel right across the street from the rear entrance to the park (The Riviera Motel...read my review) and they seel discount tickets, so we only paid $18.00 each! Despite a few negatives, all in all it is a great park for family fun and we are planning on going back.

8  Thank BethB39
"log ride"
"thunder river"
"combo pass"

Reviewed 18 May 2009

We just returned from Erie PA and made a top at Waldameer On Friday May 15th. The park itself is free and parking is free. We decided to purchase a ride bracelet for my daughter who is 3 yrs old. The cost was about $13.00. Adult bracelets cost $21.00. We found to be be a great park with no lines on that day. Only one bad experience was a very young ride operator who had difficulty lifting the safety bar to let us on the ride and then was unable to get the ride started so we decided to have her let us off and she needed to get another person to do that. We later found out from another ride operator that it was her first day there! Maybe she needs some more training! We did not do the waterpark that day.

2  Thank Bluberyjam15
Reviewed 25 August 2008

This is not an amusement park. It is a crap filled park with mediocre rides. It is not safe and people are smoking everywhere. Go to other parks and you will find a better experience.

14  Thank DT0wn
Reviewed 2 August 2008

I have gone to Waldameer every summer for 4 summers strate!!
And may I say every year the park hits me with somthing different
This year I plan to take 2 girl pals with me Just to make the excpereace even more thrilling!!!The food is great and the water world is even better then the thrill of ariving! When you walk through the gates you know you are about to have the best day of your summer!!!!!!

5  Thank yvgjvf
See more reviews
Reviewed 1 August 2008

I grew up with Waldameer. It is really exciting when you are 10 and younger, but when you are a teenager and older, not so much. The best thing about it was getting in free and the fireworks. Now they have a new roller coaster, The Ravine Flyer II. Being a coaster junkie that I am I had to ride it, and it was an unexpected thrill. It is the best ride there and something they have needed for a long long time! It still uses a ticket system rather then charging and entry fee which is great. It has a water park on site which is great. It is still easy on the wallet too.

5  Thank wvugirl2005