“Cindi”
Review of Lake Erie Lodge

Lake Erie Lodge
Ranked #35 of 38 Hotels in Erie
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

DO NOT STAY HERE. YOU'VE BEEN WARNED. Room was dirty sheets bathtub area. You need to read the reviews for this one. I'm glad I'm on trip advisor. I've been reading reviews from different hotels on there only wish I would've read them for this particular hotel. Owner was rudest of them all there. I like to say is read the reviews. !!!!!

Stayed: July 2014
5  Thank Cindi1929

Reviewed 8 June 2014

So we show up and got the keys to our three "nonsmoking" rooms before heading off to Waldameer. They wanted to know if we would like to inspect the rooms first, which we did not do, our mistake. After a day at the park we come back and the rooms stink of smoke. We end up having a face to face with the owner, a real jerk, who is a smoker and informs us the rooms don't smell of smoke. He did nothing to remedy the situation, and told us if we didn't like it we can leave, reading other reviews this seems to be his idea of customer service. Of course we wouldn't be receiving any refund. On top of that the rooms were filthy. Oh and your fellow motel guests will be the salt of the earth, if you definition of that is a bunch of trashy people smoking in deck chairs, talking about how drunk they are going to get. The clientele are like the owner, trash.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
10  Thank pvi1
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Let me begin by saying, if you can avoid this motel do so. Not only did we receive terrible service when we complained we were also told to leave!

I had booked this so called hotel for a 2 night stay. Once I got there I noticed it was not the nicest, cleanest or newest of hotels but thought what the heck I can handle it for a night. I then found a bug in the bathroom, noticed the toilet seat was dirty and the worst was when I pulled down the sheets of the one bed, there was human hairs on the sheets. It was obviously not cleaned from the previous guest! By now its aproximatly 11:30 pm. I could hear the next door guest had people coming and going from their rooms constantly. I realized by now not only was I going to sit awake all night due to the disgustig feeling I had from the room but i was going to be awake with all the traffic next door.

I called Expedia, which is whom I booked the room through. They called the owner at the desk and explained I was not satisfied and would like to have my $ reimbursed. I was confronted by the owner and he said he was reimburse the second night but not the first. I was then told to give him the room key and vacate! I obviousley wasn't going to stay now anyway but to just kick a guest out at 12:00 at night is very poor service! There was no offer to have the room cleaned to make us happy.
I would never stay there again/1

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
9  Thank Stephk01
Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

Great customer service. Rooms were spacious and clean. Refrigerator and microwave in room which is very convenient. Comfortable beds. Shower has great water pressure. Close to Waldameer Park and Presque Isle State Park. Near lots of fantastic restaurants like Joe Roots Grill.

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 23 May 2014

Rooms were not aired and had a bad odour, I was booked into a non smoking room and found that this room stinks as perhaps a smoker was there before me. Confronted owner and he said I would have to get my own spray as nothing can be done. No breakfast although web site mentions it serves continental. Wi-Fi only at reception and horrible reception. to get hot water in main sink, had to open the bath tub faucet and then found water takes awhile to drain.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
8  Thank Dee B
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Website lists continental breakfast but front desk says "not this weekend'. Wesite lists wireless but horrible reception. Beds are hard as a rock and sheets are stained. No clock in the room, not shampoo This place is worth $40/night at best.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
7  Thank rooks8027
Reviewed 30 October 2013

we got they late Friday night the front desk guy was ok with us. When we got to the room that's were the problems started, first off they was a brown stain around the border of the room and we found two brown stains on the sheets. When my wife went and looked at the shower they was someone's hair on the shower curter and on our towels but it was to late to do anything about it. We got up the next day to find they was no breakfast that was only served in the summer time, we went off for the day and came back to find out the maid did not come around but this did not bother us much but would have been nice. The guy on the front desk seemed to watch us every time we went out any ware. The room seemed out dated with the bed covers and wallpaper we would not stay they again only other good point about it was it was close to Erie.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple