“Front Desk”

Ranked #13 of 38 Hotels in Erie
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Front Desk”
Reviewed 8 August 2014

I have to say, this hotel was by far has the BEST front desk staff of all the Hilton hotels in Erie! Nikki was outstanding for our stay and I can not WAIT to come back to the hotel and visit with her again. Always had a smile on her face and helped not only me but my kids out whenever we asked. She went out of her way to help get us clean towels, toilet paper even pens! She gave us an awesome recommendation to restaurants off of Peach Street and offered her honest advice about each and everyone of them. Just very outstanding young woman who has a great personality and act for being around people. The bed was the best one I have slept in, in a hotel of course. Sheets were great. Very clean and still smelled brand new! I will be back in the future. Only problem was, housekeeping was kind of loud in the halls and couldn't really understand English. They seemed kind of rude, why we asked Nikki for anything we needed. Besides housekeeping, its a wonderful place!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Lisa C, General Manager at Home2 Suites By Hilton Erie, PA, responded to this review, 10 August 2014
Thanks for your review! I will definately share with Nikki- she is a wonderful addition to our team. I am sorry to hear that you experienced some housekeeping trouble- thanks for bringing these to our attention too. If we don't how what is broken, we can't fix it. Hope to see you back soon!!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Simcoe
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Good overall stay, but the walls and ceiling are extremely thin. We constantly heard the child in the room above us running around, it was very annoying. This hotel is modern, and has a good environmental policy.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton

Lisa C, General Manager at Home2 Suites By Hilton Erie, PA, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
I apologize that you did not enjoy your stay at the Home2. It is outr goal to provide only the highest level of quality service during your stay. We hope that you will give us another try next time you are in the area.
erie, United States
Reviewed 4 August 2014

This is the nicest hotel in Erie PA, very clean and nice. Top of the line items. It is in a great location and also did not cost very much compared to the other hotels in the area. I would recommend this to anyone that is traveling in the Erie Pa area.

1 Thank Benjaminscott W
Thank you for tking the time to write a response! Our hotel brand is very modern and eclectic! The rooms are spacious and have a very modern feel. Our prices are in line with the other hotels in the area. Did you have the opportunity to try our saline pool? Well- if you didn't enjoy it this time- come back soon to try it!
Leesport, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Let me start by saying I know that this hotel is brand new. I believe it has been open for about 2 months...

The hotel itself looks great. Everything is new and they are trying to be fresher than the updated Hampton Inns. The facilities were not the issue.
I arrived late on a Monday night. I checked into the room and went right to bed. I had an early appointment the next day. Got up early to meet my co-worker for breakfast. A horrible selection!! Cold breakfast sandwiches that you have to heat up in a microwave, waffles and oatmeal. I walked over to get coffee... there was none. The person next to me said he had been waiting 5 minutes for a fresh pot. I ate my breakfast and went back and there still was no coffee.... not the end of the world and not a reason to give a hotel 2 stars, but frustrating.
We stayed out all day and came back around 8pm. I walked into my room and found that housekeeping had not been there. There is a sign stating that you only get a "Light Cleaning" everyday and a "Full Cleaning" every 5th day. I found the book that explained the differences.... a light cleaning includes new towels, your bed made, a light vacuuming and the trash removed. None of these things happened. I went out to ask the front desk why.... the woman didn't know the policy. She told me that she only works once a month.
I got up the next morning and went through the same coffee debacle again!! This time was worse... since house keeping never came the day before., they didn't give me a replacement pack of coffee in my room ( you only get one! ).
Breakfast was the same. Cold sandwiches and oatmeal. I asked my co-worker about housekeeping. He told me that his bed was made and he had new towels... however... someone ate a candy bar on his bed. The wrapper was sitting on his nightstand and you could see the imprint on the bedding where they sat.
The next morning at breakfast ( finally had coffee!! ), we noticed the front desk person. She looked like she just rolled out of the shower. Her hair was wet... she looked like she just woke up and she didn't have a name tag on.
I have a feeling that this is not a Hilton issue, but a local management issue. I don't think I will take my chances again though. At almost $200 a night in Erie, Pa... I expect a lot more.

Room Tip: Don't bother with Wifi.... its useless. First floor rooms are VERY noisy
1 Thank Marke W
LisaChilson, Manager at Home2 Suites By Hilton Erie, PA, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Thank you for your honest feedback. We appreciate your comments and we are so sorry for all of the inconveniences you encountered during your time with us. We will be working with our team to ensure that we correct all issues mentioned and if there is anything we can do for you, please let us know. If you return to the area we would like for you to come back!
Carlisle, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Two night business trip. The hotel was recommended by a fellow employee who loved her stay here. There were some positives. The location is very good- close to the highway but not noisy. The exercise equipment is top notch. The rooms are large with a frig, microwave and comfortable bedding. So there is the possibility of a nice stay here.

There were several issues that knock this down to two stars. I was checked into a room that had one of the appliances beeping every two minutes. I tried to reset everything but couldn't get it to stop. The microwave was also dirty inside. So back to the front desk and they had to move me to another room. They activated my room key for one night, not two , so it was another trip dowstairs to correct the issue. As in a previous review, there was plenty of hair left behind from a prior guest in the shower.

Breakfast day 1 was excellent - great sandwiches and fully stocked. Day 2 - just the opposite. Less selection. Also no 'to go' coffee cups and then when they did get some, there were no lids.
It just seemed like there wasn't enough staff. The front desk staff seemed frantic at times - but each person was always very polite.
My guess is this place will get better in time, but for this trip it wasn't a typical Hilton experience.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
LisaChilson, General Manager at Home2 Suites By Hilton Erie, PA, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us at our hotel. We really appreciate your feedback and are very sorry for the condition of your guest room. We will take your comments under consideration as we work to improve our guest experience. We hope you will come visit us in the future.

Lisa
St. Catharines
Reviewed 31 July 2014

This a new and modern hotel that put a great deal of effort into detail , cleanliness, fine lines and accessibility. Stopped there on our way to West Virginia and would definitely return. Location to shopping and restaurants and close to interstate .

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton

, General Manager at Home2 Suites By Hilton Erie, PA, responded to this review, 1 March 2017
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel! I am very glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! We look forward to having you again, should your travels bring you back to the area. Thank you for your business and have a great day!

Mitch DeMeyer
Proctorville, United States
Reviewed 28 July 2014

This hotel is perfect for families needing a little extra space or staying for long visits! The room was clean, spacious and had all the necessary amenities - not to mention the beds were really comfortable. The front desk staff was great! I would definitely stay at this hotel and this brand in different locations again!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton

Lisa C, General Manager at Home2 Suites By Hilton Erie, PA, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Thanks so much for staying. Our hotel does offer more space than a standard room- plus the full sized refrigerator, microwave and dishwasher!! Were you able to use the complimentary guest laundry- this is also a great benefit when traveling with a family. Please keep that in mind for next time you pass thru! Come back soon.