“A perfect way to escape from the pressures of everyday life to capture what is important in life which includes relationship lov”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Erie
George Carroll House
Ranked #2 of 7 Erie B&B and Inns
Reviewed 7 July 2013

As we approached the 4th of july weekend the stress of half the year was building and an escape was needed. My fiancee' and I decided to take a trip that included the beach wine good food and relaxation. Choosing George Carrol b&b was the best choice! When securing reservations I spoke with a beautiful woman that was able to accommodate my needs that included a resonable price and specific dates and times. Within two hours I received a phone call back with all my needs met! Upon arrival we were greeted with a welcome of the owner Betsy that helped us with choices of places to eat and visit. Our room was very cool clean and pleasently decorated. We were in walking distance to the bayfront where we captured a beautiful sunset. We were less than 20 minutes to seeveral wineries to select wines for our upcoming wedding. We were also less than 20 minutes from the beach! The special touches created a sense of home that included breakfast with a swwet touch and delicious coffee. A relaxing living space included a place to read the newspaper and grab a cold drink and snack. Betsy was available throughout our stay bringing extra towels and dishes to warm up leftovers from our eating out adventures. The fresh flowers and the charm of the b&b will keep this a favorite for special occasions! Take the step on your next mini escape in life at the George Carroll B&B.
.Maria & Rod Lower Burrell Pa.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank hopetoday
Chris K, Owner at George Carroll House, responded to this review, 8 July 2013
Maria and Rod,

Thank you for your wonderful review! We are very glad that we could make your stay a memorable and enjoyable one. It was great talking with you and it was very helpful to hear your thoughts on some of our local restaurants and wineries. Good luck with your wedding but we hope to see you both again before the happy day!

Chris, Betsy, and Patti

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
United States
Reviewed 4 July 2013

We stayed at the George Carroll House for two nights. You use a keypad to get in and then check into the room (which also has a keypad instead of a key) yourself. I liked this a lot; after a long day of travel it’s kind of nice just to be able to go quickly to your room. There are two rooms downstairs that are accessible to guests. A sitting room and the dining room; breakfast was self serve and was available from 7am until 11 on the days we were there. In my opinion, they had just enough offerings for breakfast. There were muffins, cold cereal, bread, bagels, snack bars and juice and tea. I really liked their banana nut muffins.

Parking is free right behind the house. It’s right in the downtown area so we walked around and checked out a couple of different places. The Erie Art Museum is within walking distance as well as a McDonalds and a Starbucks. We walked to the water and played mini golf at Harbor View Miniature Golf; it was a lot of fun. We also ate at Rumrunners Cove which I didn’t like very much. After our mini golf game it was dark and I wouldn’t say I felt unsafe, just uncomfortable. If you’re by yourself I would recommend driving to your destination instead of walking at night.

I slept very soundly which is unusual for me while on vacation. Once you’re inside the house it becomes very quiet and that’s perfect for me at night. I was afraid since we were across from a hospital and near downtown that we would be up all night hearing sirens or talking but that was never an issue.

We stayed in a one bedroom but I got to see into a two bedroom room and I wish we would have booked that one. It was quite a bit bigger and we would have had more room for our things. So, if you’re debating between the two I’d recommend spending the extra fifteen dollars and go for the two bedroom.

It took us about fifteen minutes to get to Presque Isle and about twenty to get to MillCreek mall.

1 Thank funinthesun037
Chris K, Owner at George Carroll House, responded to this review, 8 July 2013
Thank you for selecting us for your stay in Erie! We value your opinion and are glad that you enjoyed your accommodations and were able to see many of our local attractions. The larger rooms do give you more opportunity to spread out. We have a few different layouts to choose from the next time you're in Erie. We hope to see you soon!

Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 28 June 2013

This B&B was a great find! We had arrived later in the night and I was pleasantly surprised at how organized everything was. Even from the moment I booked everything it was organized. I was responded to right away in emails and everything was clear and precise when I booked it. When we walked in there was a little white out board with the room numbers and the names next to each room of who was staying in them. This was a great feature as it just confirmed more of the information I was already given in a email. The house is gorgeous and very clean! It fits the charm of a old house but isn't run down at all and doesn't fit the stereotypical feel of a B&B. This one is a modern B&B! I love that the whole house you use a key pad! Very neat and so much easier than worrying about keys, etc. Our room was gorgeous and very clean and neat! There was a block party going on the night that we arrived. It was a noisy outside but you could hardly hear anything when you are inside the house! I was quite impressed with that as well. We didn't get to make it to breakfast on the days were were there due to other things going on during our trip, but they did have some sort of apple crumble thing that was marvelous! We met Chris (one of the inn keepers/owners) when we were checking out! She is such a nice lady! If we are in Erie ever again we will definitely be staying here! This place is awesome!

Chris K, Owner at George Carroll House, responded to this review, 3 July 2013
We want to thank you for choosing to stay with us! And, to also thank you for your kind words about our key pad entry, cleanliness, and the ease of your arrival. We really appreciate when guests take the time out of their day to leave a wonderful review. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Chris, Betsy, and Patti.
Reviewed 15 June 2013 via mobile

We traveled to Lake Erie for a medical emergency for a sick newborn family member. After a horrific night at a local hotel we found out about the wonderful George Carroll House. It is a historic building run by a mother and daughter team who live on site and are extremely compassionate and accommodating. The location is wonderful with free off street parking and within 1 block walking distance of the main street and the local hospital. We were able to walk back and forth to the hospital at all hours of the day and night without any issue. Able to pick up great food at the Taproom which was centrally located on the walk between the hospital, tip for those from out of town. If you are there for leisure they have a large great room with the original fireplace with inlaid Italian tiles where you can sit and unwind, including reading about the historic building. For families with loved ones in the hospital system there is no better place to stay and have some stability during an otherwise stressful time. Highly recommend to everyone.

• Stayed June 2013
Chris K, Owner at George Carroll House, responded to this review, 23 June 2013
RoadDogg75,
We are so glad that you found us! We realize that hospital experiences are usually a stressful time so we aim to make things as relaxing and accommodating as possible. We're happy that you were comfortable here. Thank you for the wonderful review and we hope you come back to see us when you can enjoy more of what Erie has to offer. Hope all is well!

Chris, Betsy, and Patti.
Lockport, New York, United States
Reviewed 8 June 2013

This was the second time my daughter and I stayed here for our "Mother-Daughter" trip. Both times it was very comfortable, easy to access, and very friendly. The atmosphere is very cozy. The beds are comfortable and the place is clean. It is within walking distance of many downtown establishments. I would recommend this place to stay.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Chris K, Owner at George Carroll House, responded to this review, 11 June 2013
We are glad to hear that your second stay with us was as enjoyable as your first. We aim to provide a clean and comfortable atmosphere for all our guests. We're glad we succeeded. Thank you for the wonderful recommendation.

Reviewed 6 June 2013

My wife and I traveled overnight to Erie, PA to hit the beach and do the wine trail a couple miles away from the town. The GCH was an excellent choice. It is located in Downtown, near great pubs and restaurants and is about 10 minutes away from Presque Isle (State Park).

Comfortable and clean room. Excellent home-style breakfast comprising apple pie, pistachio bread and bagels. Highly recommended!

1 Thank nocheaptricks
Chris K, Owner at George Carroll House, responded to this review, 11 June 2013
Thank you for taking the time to give us such a kind review. We also enjoy being within walking distance of so many wonderful establishments. We are pleased that you found our continental breakfast selections to your liking. We try to provide a variety of different items on a daily basis. We look forward to your next visit.

Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 3 June 2013

We rented three rooms for a graduation downtown, and couldn't be happier. Clean rooms, walking distance to the square, museums, lakefront, charters, and restaurants. Both sets of parents commented how much they enjoyed walking around and conversing in the common areas and sitting on the porch and relaxing, and about how they served the best banana bread of anywhere :) Kelly was always available and eager to help with any request. For any future trips to Erie my wife and I plan to stay here.

Room Tip: They have a large double room for families, and single rooms with queen beds that are different size...