“Good price for a decent nights stay”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Erie
Ranked #21 of 38 Hotels in Erie
A TripAdvisor Member
Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 27 April 2012

Warm welcome to reception, close to Grove City for shopping, as well as Peach St for shopping, many places to dine within 5-10 minute drive. Was a decent hotel without spending too much money for a nights stay for shopping.

Reviewed 19 April 2012

we recently stayed at 3 other La Quinta property's in the last two weeks and this was by far the nicest and cleanest; however, security may be an issue. the reason i say this is that is the door on the west side of the property was NEVER secured, despite the sign that said the door was secure 24 hours a day. anyone, regardless if they were a guest or not, could access the hotel at any time. not a big deal, per se. well, i returned to the hotel after a late night out with friends and realized i had given my key to my wife earlier in the evening. not wanting to wake her or our dogs, i went to the frond desk. all i had to do was ask for a key to room #_ _ _ and the young kid apologized about the wait and handed me the key, NO QUESTIONS ASKED! he did ask for ID, my name, or any other information that tied me to that room.

as you can see, it would be quite easy to access any room in this property at any time. ensure you have your deadbolt and security slide engaged when you retire for the evening. i would ONLY recommend to a friend if they addressed this issue at check in.

A La Quinta traveler
Urbana, Illinois, USA
Reviewed 18 April 2012

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 April 2012

This was my first time staying at a La Quinta, ( I will mention I did pay even less than the advertised rate as I purchased through hotwire). We were going for cheap since it was primarily just a place to sleep after shopping.The location is okay for going to Milcreek mall (1 exit away) and VERY quick access to the interstate. we did ask for a room opposite the interstate just in case i was noisy at night.
This hotel is very well maintained from outside and your first impression is great in the lobby. but then you enter your VERY outdated room. The carpets are so old and look very dirty. We had a room with 2 double beds, Seriously? haven't seen that in a long time. the room was very cold. I had to sleep in a ball the first night because my bed only had a light blanket on it. luckily the second night I was able to get a second blanket. the shower was pretty disappointing (very little water pressure). the pool was so overloaded with chlorine that as soon as you walked in the room you could smell it.
The breakfast was disappointing. sure they had your waffles and fake eggs and sausage. there was no choice of fresh fruit unless you count green bananas. I was okay with the hard boiled eggs until I saw the lady walk out with them in a plastic bag to add more (so there goes my thought that they were prepared there)

I rarely give a bad review but this hotel just did not give me anything positive to say, except the guy at the front desk was very pleasant. I have heard good things about La Quinta but I don't think I would choose to stay at one again :( sorry!

Room Tip: ask for a room opposite the interstate. It is a very busy highway with trucks.
Reviewed 13 April 2012

The best part of this hotel for us was that a Tim |Horton's was so close. We love their coffee.
Hotel is just off 90 heading to Buffalo and very well appointed. Dog friendly and quiet too.
We didn't stay for coffee etc as we went to Timmy's for coffee etc.
We always stay at La Qs, because of a dog, and will stay here again.
It is a bit away from restaurants, but we back tracked one exit and there were many to chose from.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 April 2012

Average room. TV needs to be replaced. Had a nicer room at La Quinta in Charlotte for the same price. breakfast area and food was a little better in Erie than in Charlotte. $1.00 charge for a safe I didn't use??? Not worth arguing about but don't understand the charge.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 April 2012

I am a vet LQ goer...probably over 100 separate stays overs the course of two years, so I have a pretty solid idea of what to expect from this chain. This hotel was clearly not even remotely in the ballpark of what was expected.

First, checking in was a hassle with a wait time of about 10 minutes because only one individual was working the front desk and it was peak time (6pm).
The lady who was working the desk probably hadn't smiles in 10 years...one of the rudest, coldest people I have ever had to deal with at an LQ. ONE smile and a friendly, "how are you doing?" would be all that it takes to make a long day of traveling seem trivial. Don't expect that here!

Got into my room. The room itself is mediocre (I can't complain too much as I have a dog and don't really give a hoot how rooms look). There is no comforter on the bed...just some sheets (brr!). The bathroom was very outdated. I am a small girl (about 115 lbs) and when I sat on the toilet, the entire toilet rocked forward like it wasn't securely attached to the floor. The TV is small and a tube with poor picture...kind of expect at least small flat screens at this point.

They put me in a room that had a light shining to the building right outside my window (see photos)...the windows were very dirty but not dirty enough to knock out the blinding light coming into my room all night! The blackout curtains can only do so much....HEY! I have an idea LQ, why don't you put two sets of blackout curtains on those windows that have a huge light shining DIRECTLY INTO THEIR ROOM ALL NIGHT LONG!

To top it off, I have an excellent story about the wonderful lady at the front desk again.

When I checked in, I overheard the lady in front of me had a rate of 69$ and since I had just paid $84, I wanted to find out what this was about. After I checked in, I got on my computer and looked up the rates and sure enough the rate was 71.10$ for the room I had...as I had booked the room two weeks ago, I called the member phone number and explained the situation. They went ahead and verified the new rate and said that at that moment there were rooms available with that rate, so the front desk should be able to change it. I went back to the front desk and kindly told the woman what customer service told me on the phone...that she should be able to give me the new, lower rate. She shook her head...no. She told me flat out no, that the rate was different and that they changed all the time. I said I was just on my computer and it said 72$, she again told me no. She typed something into her computer and said no. I again, reiterated what customer service told me, and she again told me, "no, that I have a different king room." Knowing that I was fully correct with my information and customer service had JUST verified it, I grabbed my laptop and walked it down to the desk and asked if the LQ website was correct for this location. When she verified the address, I scrolled down and oh! what a surprise, it was 71.10$. Granted, it isn't a lot of money...but being a loyal member of LQ, I expected more. This whole situation was ridiculous and I definitely do not enjoy being told off after spending thousands of dollars at LQ's this year alone. Shame on you LQ for letting this individual work at this location.

Room Tip: NOT 110! Unless you like a bright light shining into your window!
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business