We had the pleasure if staying two nights. The location couldn't be beat for us as we were there for shopping and exploring.
* the breakfasts were delicious and the pancakes were to die for
* proximity to great shopping, restaurants and the lake
* the hosts, you can feel how hard they are working to make your stay memorable and enjoyable
* our room was at the front of the house on the street and it was a bit noisy with more street traffic than we would have expected. But, we had earplugs so that was okay
* not a fan of comforters/bed spreads and prefer duvets or just newly washed sheets and a blanket.
Overall, we loved the place! We are already planning our trip back next year. Don't hesitate, book now and enjoy those pancakes and French toast.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Save the region's 7% hotel tax, and get a great breakfast, by staying at our 5-star rated historical B&B. We are the only full service Bed and Breakfast in Erie. We're a beautifully restored Victorian mansion on Historic Millionaire's Row. Close to Gannon University and within walking distance of wonderful restaurants. Built in 1876 as a wedding gift, you'll feel welcome as soon as you enter the front door. All rooms have a private bath, cable television, free wireless internet and individual controls for heat and air conditioning. Walk to many local restaurants and attractions. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Spencer House b&b
- Spencer House Hotel Erie