“Great Location, Great Staff, Lots of Fun”

Clarion Hotel Bel-Aire Conf. Ctr.
Ranked #27 of 38 Hotels in Erie
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Great Location, Great Staff, Lots of Fun”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2014

We were here for an event in April 2014 and it is fantastic news that that yearly event will be held here again in 2015.

The staff was great! They seemed genuinely pleased we were there to spend that weekend with them. The rooms were clean and functional and for the price, you could not ask for more.

I really liked the location - it was easy to get to, as well as pretty centrally located to everywhere in Erie we wanted to visit.

Good work, Clarion! We look forward to seeing you next year!

Room Tip: There are rooms in the atrium where the indoor pool is located. I do not know how loud these rooms w...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank RedbeardTraveler
Kerry S, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Bel-Aire Conf. Ctr., responded to this review, 23 November 2014
Thank you for staying at the Clarion Hotel! It is an absolute pleasure hosting your group at our facility & we are thrilled you have chosen us for 2015. See you soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2014

In August we came up here to do the Presque Isle triathlon. Our family of five just needed a hotel room for one night and this hotel was in a great location for the race. It even had room service for some pre-race fuel. The five of us fit fine in one room. The bathroom light flickered like crazy and one of the menus in the room had some smart mouth kid graffiti all over it. Had to throw that away! The staff was incredibly nice with my requests for rooms at late notice. But the walls were so thin that our noisy jocular neighbors kept me awake. I was nervous enough about the race and almost (but didn't) call the front desk.
Breakfast was $5 (free for my 4 yr old) and all you can eat but the offerings were very standard. Eggs, bacon, cereal. Coffee, juice. Bread offerings seemed a little sad. My kids loved the malty waffles!
Truly this hotel is located really close to PI attractions but it is definitively really "well used." I know it's really a home base for people visiting PI and doing outdoorsy things, and that means you don't invest in fine linens but I think you can do outdoors-friendly and still have a clean updated look.
We did not use the pool but it looked nice.

Room Tip: If you need a quiet night don't be near the pool. The toilets of your neighbor are also super lo...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Elizabeth P
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Clarion Hotel prior to your race. We hope to see you again, whether for a race or a leisurely get away. We appreciate you sharing your experience with us and other travelers.
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

I stay at a lot of hotels and I won't come back to this one. My work had me stay here or I wouldn't have picked it myself.

The rooms smelled like an old motel... I don't know where that comes from but it isn't pleasant. The room was clean though and the beds were comfortable. Two important points this place succeeded at. The decor is pretty much Golden Girls pinks and beige furniture. The grounds are very well kept and the exterior of the building looked recently painted.

My shower had a leak at the wall. I informed Jon at checkout and he thanked me for reporting it and it seemed important to him. He was very pleasant and nice. The best part of the hotel experience actually!

I am sure there are limitations to building renovations at a $90/night price point but this place could use an interior makeover and complete renovation if it is to remain relevant and viable as a business hotel.

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank pittHD
Thank you for reviewing the Clarion Hotel. I am glad to hear that you found the room clean and comfortable and the staff pleasant and genuine. The owner is currently looking into renovations and we would certainly like to provide you with a positive experience in the future.

Travellers are raving about these Erie hotels

Central New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

When we arrived and went to check-in, we had to interrupt a multi-employee social conversation at the front desk. Once we inconvenienced them by checking in we proceeded to our room. Things went down hill from there. We were poolside, which meant all you could hear in the room was children screaming. There is a card in the book of services that you find in every hotel room. This card says that customer satisfaction is their number one priority, and if you aren't happy with your accommodation, they will do whatever they can to resolve the issue. I called to request a different room away from the noise. It became my fault since I "requested that room" (not true) and there was nothing they could do since they were sold out (empty parking lot 9:20 PM). I guess they will do whatever they can to resolve the issue provided it requires zero effort on their part. The room was old and worn, The furniture was beaten and stained. If it was wood, it was scratched, if it stood it leaned, if it was upholstery it was grease (I hope!) stained, and if it was any other surface it was well -handled and unwashed. Housekeeping was never seen during our stay. Even after a call for service, nothing. This is something they must plan for since they had 6 rolls of toilet paper in our room. Needless to say, we won't be going back.

Room Tip: If you are looking for a quiet room, avoid the pool area. The thin walls and the large sliding glass...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for staying at the Clarion Hotel. I am sorry to that the staff was unable to accommodate your needs. It is our priority to ensure that guests stay and leave happy. Consequently, it saddens me to know that you were not satisfied during your stay. I hope that you will consider staying with us again to allow us the opportunity to provide you with excellent service.
Erie, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014

We stayed in a suite on the other sided of the hotel. It was a bit confusing getting there and back, but we managed. The hotel staff was very friendly and very accommodating. The room was very nice and spacious! Room was clean and the halls were quiet. My wedding was in the reception hall, which was absolutely gorgeous. There were a few mistakes made, but overall, my Husband and I had a beautiful wedding. Thank you Bel-Aire!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for choosing the Bel-Aire to celebrate your special day! Congratulations & best wishes to you and your husband! We hope to see you for years to follow!
Evans city
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014

The hotel itself is dirty and disgusting. Rooms are over-priced as is the mediocre food. Service is awful. We requested a room with a crib or pack and play when we booked the room and it is now 9:45 pm and my baby sure would like to go to bed and still nothing despite 2 calls and one trip down to the service area. There is a loud whine coming from the hallway that we are told is from the hot tub jets and will be off at 10 pm. Which is awfully late for little ones. Makes bedtimes very hard. The pool and hot tub are gross. All of the soda machines are sold out of bottled water. Every. Single. One. Worst hotel ever.

• Stayed August 2014
2 Thank Bellabean819
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future. I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience.
Winston Salem, North Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014

Seriously, worst hotel I've ever stayed in. There was a used toothbrush left in our bathroom upon arrival and the refrigerator had drinks left in it from the previous guests. Housekeeping never came to our room the 2 days we were there, even though we took down our "do not disturb" door hanger AND we called them to request service when they didn't come the first day. It was extremely loud (could hear every flush of every nearby toilet and people coming and going through all hours of the night) and there were stains all over the chair that I don't even want to know what they were from. We were in town for a wedding and the reception was in the ballroom. The reception venue was gorgeous and the food was delicious, but that was the only thing I liked about the hotel. Generally old and run down. We used the pool also and we came out of the water feeling sticky. Stay anywhere else but here. You'll be better off.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for staying at the Clarion and attending the wedding reception hosted in the conference center. I am terribly sorry to hear that your sleeping room accomodations were unsatisfactory. I hope that you will give us the opportunity in the future to provide you with excellent service and accommodations.