“nice property but way overpriced”

Comfort Inn & Suites
Ranked #19 of 38 Hotels in Erie
Reviewed 19 August 2014

I arrived early afternoon for a 10 hour stay,descent parking for a semi along road in front of property, the gentleman that checked me in was pleasant and helpful the room was great appeared to be freshly remodeled ..great water pressure..AC worked great..mattress was comfy everything was clean but the problem was is that the room cost $180.00 I feel this is absolute highway robbery I have stayed in many hotels thru the years that were as nice for half the price I understand this is a busy time for them and the prices are inflated but I feel $180.00 for a queen room in a hotel without an elevator is way overpriced..yes it was a nice place but with prices like that this choice privilege member wont be back

Room Tip: I would check prices at nearby properties first
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Mallory H, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am glad we were able to accommodate you and your semi truck. I will certainly pass along your kind words to the front desk member who was working during your stay. Unfortunately, this is our busy season and being connected to the waterpark is our main attraction. Our rates change frequently and could be completely different the next time you are in the area. Please consider us on your next trip to rest when traveling through Erie.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

We were passing through the area and stopped for the night. We didn't do anything but sleep and eat. It was late when we checked in and the front desk attendant was friendly and check us in promptly. The room was clean and comfortable. We woke up and ate breakfast before heading out. The breakfast was the usual choices for this type of chain hotel. It was full of families with small children apparently preparing for a fun filled day at the water park next door. The outside was clean and appeared well maintained. I wouldn't have a problem with staying here again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience with us. We are thrilled you were able to have a comfortable sleep and an enjoyable stay with us. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 16 August 2014

Front desk staff very friendly,hotel was very clean, has nice little pool. Continental breakfast was very good.
Rooms were very clean, beds very comfortable, that been said make sure that your room is away from highway,hotel is located only street from it and after running all day with kids in water park last thing you need is noisy road under your window.
Also there is little journey from hotel to the splash lagoon,which is perhaps great in winter time but in summer if weather is good is almost better to walk across parking lot.
I would go back only if Marriott hotel or Holiday Inn is full.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Mallory H, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are thrilled you were able to enjoy your stay with us! I will pass along your comments to encourage the staff to keep up the great work. We will always be more than happy to try to accommodate any room location requests during your next stay with us. The walk to Splash Lagoon is a journey, but you are correct in saying it is really nice during our harsh winters. We can't wait to see you back for another vacation at Splash Lagoon.

Reviewed 16 August 2014

We really like to stay at Comfort Inn's whenever we travel. We have always felt they have a friendly staff, nice breakfast and reasonable prices. This time we were a little disappointed. I felt the price was a little high for a comfort inn even with a triple a discount. It is "connected" to a water park though so I think that is their reasoning. For me, connected means directly connected which it wasn't. Don't let the false advertising fool you. You shouldn't have to walk through the lobby of another hotel and practically through their room hallways just to get to another hotel. It is a good ten minute walk to and from Splash lagoon, and it is not stroller or handicap friendly. The manager felt the need to remind the last person they could just walk through the parking lot. I did that to get my car after we walked over from SPlash Lagoon and checked in and there is no way this is safe for a family or someone who is handicapped. There is no sidewalk at all. Cars are flying past you and don't care you are walking. Also, no matter what the weather is are you expected to take your kids outside into traffic in beach towels and wet clothes to walk to a hotel that is supposed to be connected? It is not worth it. Finally, I agree with the last review about their air conditioning unit. I got to the point where I timed it because it kept me up all night. It was banging and turning on every two minutes. I even put it on constant fan and it still kept going. We came back from breakfast to find it was spewing out hot air while still on cool? How are children supposed to sleep with a loud air conditioner? It was even louder than the sound machine we take when we travel with the kids? The staff was wonderful and what little food we got at breakfast when we could get around the vultures known as guest was nice, but I think next time I will save my money up and stay at a hotel that is actually connected and family friendly.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. The connection to the waterpark is a longer walk, but is certainly nice when the weather isn't perfect. Sometimes when the weather is nice, the staff will suggest just walking through the parking lot to the sister hotel and then into their lobby. We wouldn't suggest walking the entire way to Splash Lagoon outside, I apologize for any confusion. We would have gladly helped you with your air conditioning unit had we known there was an issue. Maintenance has already looked into this and fixed it. I am glad you were able to enjoy the staff and eat some breakfast with us.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

When they said attached to splash lagoon we didn't know we had to walk through another hotel up the stairs across a walking bridge and then to the lobby to reach the inn.We had a 5 yrold and a 3 month old and we couldn't use the stroller because we had to keep lugging it up and down flights of stairs. Also the air conditioning unit kept turning off and on every few minutes and was very loud. On the positive they did give us early check in and the breakfast was hot and plentiful.

it

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Mallory H, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us! We are thrilled you were able to enjoy the hot breakfast. I have told maintenance about your air conditioner to make sure that does not happen again. Being connected to the waterpark is very nice when the weather is not so nice, but it can be a small journey which does include steps. If the weather is nice it is easier to walk through the parking lot to the next hotel to skip the steps, but that isn't always an option. We do hope this does not discourage you from staying with us again.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

Most people stay here while enjoying Splash Lagoon which adjoins the hotel. We had a Kids Suite with a king bed and bunkbeds for our grandkids, The room had 2 TV's which was nice but it is a small room and not a lot of wiggle room. The pool area is very nice and VERY warm and the pool itself was large and very clean. The only thing I found very odd when we walked over to Splash Lagoon was the fact we had to walk through the lobby of the adjoining hotel and past the front desk in our swim suits. The breakfast area is VERY crowded and hard to maneuver past the tables but there are several servers trying to keep up with the food demand to the hotel's credit. All in all a very comfortable stay and I would stay there again if visiting Splash Lagoon.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your positive experience with us. We are thrilled you were able to enjoy your stay with us and the waterpark. Being connected is a very nice perk when the weather isn't so nice, but it can be a small journey. We would love to see you back again soon!

Reviewed 9 August 2014

We at first tried to get a room at the nearby Holiday Inn, we did didn't realize that this hotel was also connected with splash lagoon. The Holiday Inn was quite pricey and the front desk clerk was well, arrogant and he suggested that the Comfort Inn might be more in our price range-LOL after the week and money we'd already spent traveling, this was comical to me, plus the Comfort Inn was only $20.00 less but due to his attitude I'd already decided we weren't staying. I am so glad that we chose this Comfort Inn!! The lady at the front desk was so helpful and she was able to get us in a room right by the door, and she told us about the discounts at Splash Lagoon!! Our room was very clean and a nice size for 4, the kids were able to go to and from the water park without going outside, there was free hot chocolate and since they were cold coming out of the water -that hit the spot!! The noise was not bad at all and we were right near the main road. We were able to walk over to Bob Evens after the water park closed for a quick late evening dinner!!! The only thing we didn't know until after we'd checked out was that they offered a complimentary breakfast, but we will live and learn. I am planning a surprise trip again for my husbands birthday and we will be staying there-and it's only 2 miles from the casino!!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Nancy T
Mallory H, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience with us! We are thrilled you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us here at Comfort Inn & Suites. I will pass along your comments to my staff to encourage them to keep up the great work. We are looking forward to seeing you again in the near future to help celebrate birthdays!