Econo Lodge
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Solstice(Erie)
View Hotel
All reviewshot tubroom was cleandonutsbelgian wafflesfront desk staff were friendlybudget hotelindoor poolmake your own wafflesyogurtking bedstayed here for one nightnight's sleepcoffee makerwill stay there againerie papresque isle
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 October 2007

If you are looking for a great place to crash after a hard day of shopping....look no further!! This is a great hotel. I found it to be very clean and comfortable.

The front desk staff were very helpful when asked about the local area about things to do, what to see, and where to go, and how to get there!

The cleaning staff were also very friendly and on both mornings, I was ALWAYS greeted with a friendly, 'Hello' everytime.

The facilities were a pleasant surprise from what I was expecting. The indoor pool area was clean and in great condition. The continental breakfast was ok.

The room was clean, the bed very comfortable, and our room was very quiet as we were on the side AWAY from the interstate highway!!!! Not sure what the other side would be like but to very truthful but I suspect it might not be as quiet!!

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank skiddercat
Reviewed 12 September 2007

Our room was a King-suite which meant King bed, jacuzzi, sofa, microwave, fridge, coffee maker (but no decaf, only regular!?). It was very nice, clean, spacious enough, and the pool downstairs was excellent; nice airy setting with huge skylights, showers, dry sauna, plenty of towels down there. Also there was a full fitness room with loads of cycles and other stuff which I didn't really look at too closely.

The breakfast was good enough, a special 'breakfast room' with toasters and waffle makers, muffins, bagels, bread, along with basic fruit (apples, oranges, bananas) and a couple of juices available in addition to the tea and coffee. You can eat in there or take it out.

We had a great time; just walked in and got a AAA discount which made the room $69.95. Great value these days.

The only slight problem we had was with the TV in our room - the picture was exremely fuzzy and the clerk failed to keep his promise to come and check it out for us. We didn't really want to watch TV too much anyway so it wasn't a big problem for us, but maybe would've been more upsetting to someone else.

I'd recommend this place to friends, and go back myself.

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
3  Thank me63
Reviewed 27 December 2005

THIS IS A HOTEL WITH ALOT OF CLASS AT A BUDGET PRICE.
The staff is extrordinary.
The breakfast is of great quality, the pool in impeckable

• Stayed: December 2005
5  Thank Dakota_45
A TripAdvisor Member
Slippery Rock, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 20 October 2005

My husband and I went to Erie to celebrate our 40th birthdays. We stayed in a room with a king size bed, sofa bed, and two-person whirlpool bath. We found the room to be clean. The continental breakfast was very nice - though they didn't offer anything in the way of protein, they did have make-your-own Belgian waffles, good bagels and donuts, French toast, and a variety of cereals. I would say our only complaint was the temperatures of the swimming pool and hot tub. Otherwise, for an inexpensive hotel, we had a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: October 2005
9  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 13 August 2005

We stayed here for one night based on the hotel touting itself as the best in Erie. From experience, I can say that the Marriott Courtyard is far superior. The pool area was so hot that my daughters couldn't even swim in the pool--stifling heat!!! The room had a bad odor and was located near the kitchen area. The worst thing was getting an automated wake-up call at 5:45 am which we found out from the indifferent front desk clerk was a leftover from previous occupant. No apology given.

I filled out a choice hotel survey online and pointed out these shortcomings. A representative actually called me and noted this but offered me no future discounts, etc. as an enticement for a future stay. Why bother w/surveys? It's laughable.

• Stayed: June 2005