Econo Lodge
Baymont Inn & Suites Erie(Erie)(Great Value!)
US$131
US$146
US$106
US$100
US$151
Red Roof Inn Erie(Erie)(Great Value!)
US$72
US$69
Red Roof
US$102
Glass House Inn(Erie)(Great Value!)
US$95
US$92
All reviewshot tubroom was cleandonutsbelgian wafflesfront desk staff were friendlybudget hotelindoor poolmake your own wafflesyogurtking bedstayed here for one nightnight's sleepcoffee makerwill stay there againerie papresque isle
Reviewed 27 January 2014

We stayed here one night after weather conditions forced us off the road. First we were told we had a non-smoking room but found a cigarette in the room on the tray with the coffee maker (which makes me wonder how housekeeping missed that when they cleaned). It was not "dirty" but there were very noticeable stains on the furniture. The heat controls were very difficult to work. We showed up for breakfast 20 minutes before it ended and they were out of almost everything but make your own waffles. When we found the woman in charge of that room she was doing dishes. We asked if there were more breads, she sighed, rolled her eyes and left us waiting in the hall until she finished washing a stack of plates. Without a word, she walked back to the dining room and handed us exactly two bagels (tough luck for all the rest of the people in there) and then left without a word. The tables were all filthy, covered with dirty plates, spilled food etc. Having said that it was a good size dining room with only one employee to keep the food supplies stocked, wipe tables and do dishes? I think the management was expecting too much of one employee.
We also were charged for a safe that we didn't use and were not told about ahead of time.
We realize that we did not pay to stay at the Hilton, but even so this was a less than enjoyable experience.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank iavb
GMDCaputo, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2014

Dear iavb:

Thanks so much for using your valuable time to provide feedback regarding your recent stay with us at the Econo Lodge-Erie, Pa. I am extremely sorry that your stay was not a pleasant one, and that we missed an opportunity to make you a satisfied guest. I have personally addressed the issues you mentioned with regard to the room condition and the breakfast. This is an opportunity for all staff members to see just what can happen if they are not 100% committed to providing an excellent experience each day, for every guest.

I hope that you give us another try if you happen to return to this area. I would like the chance to see what a positve change can happen as a result of your sharing an honest opinion of the property during your stay.

With kind regards,

Area General Manager

Reviewed 28 December 2013

We stayed at the Econo Lodge a couple of different times in October while on a fishing trip. Enjoyed our stay with a jacuzzi in the room, hot tub and indoor pool. Staff are very helpful and friendly. Rooms are clean and beds comfortable. Breakfast was good with some hot items, eating area was good size. Will definitely stay there again

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
GMDCaputo1, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2014

Dear LucyLou1944,

First I would like to thank you for sharing comments about your recent stay at the Econo Lodge in Erie Pa. I am very pleased to hear that our staff exceeded your expectations and I want you to know that I have shared your comments with the entire staff and management company.
We hope that in the future if you are in the Erie area you come and be our guest again.
Thanks again.

Reviewed 7 December 2013

Traveling between PA and NY I got stuck in one of the wonderful of lake Erie windstorms - this was the first hotel I reached getting off the exit. My last minute room featured a hot tub and a very comfortable bed. The staff was very friendly and the free breakfast was as expected.....They have Waffles!!!! Value comparable to other hotels in the area.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank krzy4ktz
GMDCaputo1, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2013

Dear Krzy4kt2,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share with us your experience during your last visit to our hotel. It is always nice to hear positive feedback, showing us that we are meeting and exceeding our guests' needs. I am happy that you are one of those guests.

I can assure you that I have shared your compliments with the entire team here at the Econo Lodge-Erie, praising them with a job well done. I hope that you will choose to sta ywith us again while traveling in the Erie area.

Reviewed 12 November 2013

Our 5th year staying here but the hotel is getting a littel run down. The facilities are basic, the breakfast runs out of fruit, yogurt and other items so you are left with bread, bagels and waffles. The rom s are clean but the furniture is getting worn, The TV works and has a good channell selection but it too is getting worn.

Room Tip: Don't stay on teh pool side as it can be noisy. Only 1 elevator and slow so plan on the stairs
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TheRobMac
GMDCaputo1, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2013

Dear TheRobMac,

Thank you for sharing comments regarding your recent stay at our hotel. I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations.
I want you to know that we take all the comments from our guests very seriously and use them to help make improvements.
We hope that if you are in the Erie area in the future you will give us another chance and stay with us. Again thank you for your comments.

Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

On the road again following the college soccer team.Went online to check out Choice Hotels, and found this Econo Lodge.We had an oversized king room with a jacuzzi bath and sleeper. The room also had a micro, mini frig., coffee maker, and safe. I especially liked how the bed was made with the blanket in between both sheets. The pool,whirlpool,sauna area was a definite step above the normal type of setting found in most hotels. There was also à decent fitness center. There was a full hot breakfast, and the area was large-it seemed more like à restaurant-- and we ate and drank from china instead of styrofoam. There are numerous places to eat,drink or shop within 1/2 mile. Price $75! We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank prinman
GMDCaputo1, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2013

Dear Prinman,

I want to thank you for taking the time to share with us your experience during your recent visit to our hotel. it's always nice to hear positive feedback, showing us that we are exceeding our guests' expectations. I am happy that you are one of those guests.

I can assure you that I have shared your compliments with the entire staff here at Econo Lodge-Erie, praising them with a job well done. Again, thank you!