“Nice clean room will stay again”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #29 of 38 Hotels in Erie
Warren, Pennsylvania
“Nice clean room will stay again”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2014

The lobby was very appealing and updated. Nice welcome bag of goodies. Our room was very nice also, clean didn't have that closed up smell.. Breakfast was fine and the hostess was accommodating. The price was great. Came to Erie for shopping and the casino and would stay here again.

Room Tip: We had a king size bed in our room.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Diana H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Rochester, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2014

We booked this hotel Sunday and Monday of President's Day weekend with the waterpark package. It was a good deal and is right across the street from Splash Lagoon. For the price, we thought the room was nice. The carpet looked new, the walls, bedding and window treatments looked like they had been recently updated. The furniture looked like it was from the 1970's, but was not immediately noticeable. The room was clean. The bathroom could have used a fresh caulking, but was clean. There was no tub, just a stand up shower, which was no problem for us. WiFi was free and worked well. The free breakfast had enough variety, including waffles, but even with multiple waffle makers, it was extremely crowded with limited seating and took a very long time to accomplish breakfast. It was a large room, so I suspect that had we not been there on the holiday, we wouldn't have had an issue. There was a free shuttle over to the waterpark, but there was often a wait coming back to the hotel, so we just drove across the street each time. We enjoyed using the hotel pool, sauna and hottub. Front desk staff were helpful and friendly.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Bman32
Guelph, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2014

We stopped here during the snow storm on March 12/14. We were on our way back to Canada from Florida. The roads were getting bad by 12:30 so we stopped, this was the first hotel we saw off the highway. They let us check in at 12:30 instead of 3:00, they were very helpful and friendly. Small mix up with one room but it was fixed quickly. The pool and hot tub area was clean. Our rooms were clean and spacious, the shower was small but clean. Breakfast was one of the better ones compared to numerous hotels, lots of selections. I would go there again if I am in Erie Pa.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Lois P
GMDCaputo, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, 18 April 2014
Dear Lois P,

I wanted to express my appreciation that you took the time to evaluate your experience at our Econo Lodge in Erie Pa. I am so glad that you had a great experience and that your stay was a good one. I hope you come back and see us when you visit the area the next time. Please contact me directly to make your reservations and I will certainly make sure that you receive a discounted return guest rate, and that I have a chance to thank you in person. Have a wonderful Spring season.

Deonna Caputo
Watkins Glen, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2014

I am a travel agent and don't usually write a review as I understand that one mans opinion can be different than anothers. I booked three rooms here this past weekend based on the recomondation from the Splash Lagoon rep when I booked my package. I just stayed this past weekend and I don't think I could have been more dissapointed. I want you to understand what you are getting by booking this hotel. It is in major need of updates. The floors have divets in them. When you are walking you can feel "holes". The king size rooms have holes in the walls between the bathroom and the bedrooms. In a more "honeymoon" kind of environment I might not have minded the lack of privacy but in a hotel that is designated as a kid friendly hotel for a water park this was not a pleasant surprise. I know this is a busy time of year but we had requested roll-aways and when we checked in they were gone. When we asked for the extra blankets because the room is designated for 5people and that is what we had per room we were told they were out except for one... This one had a huge hole in it and we were told at the door when they dropped it "If you don't want it, I"m sure someone else will". They offered additional sheets to make up for the lack of blankets. Our room had a spare blanket but again it had a hole in the center of it. When we went to breakfast the first morning they food was awful. The juice was watered down to the point of undrinkable. The sausage one of my travel companions got was still frozen in the center. We didn't even eat there the next morning. We took our 13 people out to breakfast. (This is one of the savings we like to have with so many kids). The only thing the hotel has going for it was that it was litterly across the street from the Indoor water park which was our destination. I will definately never book anyone here and will spread the word far and wide with my fellow AAA travel agents that this is not a place to book your clients if you want them to be happy with their trip -

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank April B

Travellers are raving about these Erie hotels

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2014 via mobile

Never again will we stay at this hotel. First, our package deal was all messed up when we got there. The entire halls/rooms smelt like a big cigarette. We found someone else's dirty laundry under the beds, garbage behind the nightstand, the floors looked like they were NEVER ever washed, no hot water, no sheets for the pull out couch, no cot when we requested it beforehand there were HOLES in our dirty disgusting blankets. The breakfast was a complete joke. Everything about this place was disgusting. NEVER again will we even consider staying here. Sad thing, I traveled with my children and family, and I didn't even want my kids to sleep in this room. Jet tubs were GROSS along with the "curtains" in the shower.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Angela J
Waterford, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2014

Worst place I ever stayed! Pool was freezing, hot tub was luke warm and we couldn't even hook up the DVD player to the ancient tv! Tiny shower looked like it had never been cleaned and the beds were hard as a rock!

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Pjsparkles92
Youngstown, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2014

The only nice thing about it is that splash lagoon is right across the street. All the rooms says non smoking but the place smells of cigarettes. If you're looking for a comfy bed, you won't find one here.

• Stayed February 2014