“Love This Place!”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #28 of 38 Hotels in Erie
Reviewed 15 May 2014

I Have Always Stayed Here For Splash Lagoon Or Just For A Family Weekend. Love The Nice Clean Rooms And The Complimentary Breakfast. Will Always Recommend To Come To Econo Lodge Good Place To Runaway To Relax.

Room Tip: Second Floor Because Of The Pool View.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Jey M

Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed here as a half way point between Niagara Falls and home. We found a coupon in one of the books that seems to be a t every rest area! Got a double room for $55! Interesting mix for breakfast (eggs were rubbery and only meat was beef hash). A good value if you are simply looking for a clean and quiet hotel room. Pool looked amazing but didn't have time to try it. Although I could see how it could get noisy over the weekends with families headed across the street to the indoor water parknhigh

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We stayed at the econo lodge for 2 nights and enjoyed it. It is in a great location and easy to get to. The rooms are not as nice and not updated as other hotels in the area but it is cheap to stay there. The pool is great for kids. The breakfast was waffels and toast or bagels and juice and coffee or tea. Its basic but does the job. Would stay here again but would rather spend a few more dollars and stay at a little nicer place.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 May 2014

First of all, this place is right across the road from the Splash Lagoon Water Park. We stayed here during the March break. What else can I say? I would imagine there are usually kids in residence in abundance, especially on the weekends.

Having said that, our room was pleasant, clean, quiet (wow!..it was!) and comfortable. The front desk help is responsive, efficient and friendly. The breakfast was great even given that the locusts had descended prior to our arrival. The pool area is really nice, the hot tub is unique and there is a sauna.

We were happy with our stay. We stayed the night there to go to Wegman's grocery store before returning to southern Ohio and when we make that run again, this is my new favorite stopping spot in Erie.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 April 2014

My room was very clean and the jetted tub helped relieve the stress of a long drive. But the furniture is a bit out dated and there is no hotel information in the room. Other then that - if you are looking for a good place to stay on your trip this would serve you well. May I suggest that you do not stay in a room overlooking the pool on busy weekends and the noise is a bit overwhelming. I stayed in one the last time and this time I asked for one away from the pool. So far it has been very quiet. The room was clean and the staff at the desk were very friendly. The rooms just need to be updated.

Room Tip: stay away from overlooking the pool
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank tennisladyyy
GMDCaputo, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

Dear Tennisladyyy:

Thanks very much for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your recent stay at the Econo Lodge in Erie, PA. I am glad to hear you had a pleasant experience and have shared your comments with my staff. It is all too often that they only hear the negative things. The property is slated for a full renovation very soon, our sister property across the street (Comfort Inn and Suites) just finished theirs and we are next! I hope that you give either of us a try next time you stay in the area. I look forward to having you as a guest again very soon.

Thank you again for your time and feedback.

Deonna Caputo
General Manmager

Reviewed 14 April 2014

Right off I-79, convenient to restaurants, etc.

Superior to most in the chain. Not only was the staff very friendly, but was greeted in the room with a welcome message from the manager and a 'snack pack' - very agreeable touch!

Enjoyed a good night's rest, TV and internet service fine, hot breakfast.

Highly recommend and would stay here again. Thanks, Deonna and your staff!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Joe O
GMDCaputo, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2014

Dear Joe O,

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your great comments about your stay while at our Econo Lodge. I am so glad that our welcome package reached you and left a good impression. I am also thankful to my great staff for working hard to make your experience a good one. I hope that you stay with us the next time you come to Erie. Please contact me directly so I can have the opportunity to thank you in person. I would also be happy to extend a discount for staying with us again. I hope you have a terrific Easter and Spring season ahead.

Deonna Caputo

Reviewed 29 March 2014

We stayed overnight during our trip to Splash Lagoon in Erie. The hotel was friendly and inviting and very clean. I was absolutely blown away by the pool/sauna room. Our room was clean and the staff was very quick to respond to any of our requests. A++!

Room Tip: We had the king with pull out sofa - good for a family of 2 adults and 2 children.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family