“great service”

The Avalon Hotel and Conference Center
Ranked #34 of 38 Hotels in Erie
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Great room, extremely helpful staff, clean, great location, free wifi, and free parking. Can't ask for more. The lounge area was inviting as well. The room was quite spacious for 4 people to stay comfortably.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Erin M

Reviewed 28 April 2014

My stay at The Avalon Hotel was great. The staff was very helpful, and the location was was perfect. The rooms were very clean and spacious. And I loved that there was free parking and wifi, definitely recommend staying here!

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 27 April 2014

The Avalon was a really nice hotel. The staff was welcoming and the service was pleasant. The room was also nice and affordable. I round definitely recommend this hotel to my friends. The room was nice and clean, and the view was very nice.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jason_Surmal
Reviewed 22 April 2014

A few friends and I were in Erie for the weekend. We had a great time at the hotel, rooms were large and the place was overall well kept. The hotel is in an excellent location near the theater, and theres so much to do with the lake just a few miles away. Will be back again for sure!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 April 2014

It was a wonderful stay at Avalon for third year in a row. Our room was quite spacious with quality bad. It seemed that room has been renovated as furniture seemed new although TV was old. Bathroom needs some updates but it is completely functional. For the price it offer in downtown Erie, i am more than satisfied. I would also like to say special thanks John for special attention.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 April 2014 via mobile

The weekend started out bad when the hotel couldn't find my Priceline reservation. The woman at the front desk was unsympathetic about the problem and initially claimed that the hotel was completely booked and we would not be able to stay at all. Then when she realized I was not leaving, she finally checked and discovered there were openings. As priceline had forgotten to charge me despite giving me a booking number, this was an acceptable solution, however I did not appreciate having to argue with her for any solution at all.

When we got to the room, the heat had clearly not been on, and we had to fight with the heat all weekend and it was never comfortable. On top of that, the beds had no real blankets, just thin and scratchy bedspreads, making it very uncomfortable with the heat issue. The maids were also never in to clean, which was weird though not particularly a problem. If I return to Erie it will not be here, and I'd recommend to anyone to look for a hotel with better value/service instead.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ellen A
Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

Upon arrival the Parkin garage was terribly filthy and when we headed to the entrance group of people who had the whole bottom lobby filled with smoke. When we got to the desk, the desk clerk didn't even acknowledge us and was too busy talking on her cellphone. Had to wait 10 mins for her to finish her conversation and then she checked us in. The elevators felt unsafe and made a lot of noise. When we got to our room it looked decent enough (ancient tv, moldy window dirty window sill, musty smell). Wee quickly realized that was only the tip of the iceberg. When my wife went to shower the bathtub didn't drain. There was mold on the ceiling in the bathtub also. The sheets had hair and stains on them when we got ready for bed. So went downstairs to ask them to change the room, but was told I'd have to change the floors!!! I have been traveling all day and finally got unpacked and they wanted me to repack and change floors!!! The desk clerk didn't apologize at all and actually seemed annoyed at my complaints of the dirty bed and shower!! I've never seen such terrible and unprofessional behavior by HOTEL STAFF!! I then went to ask for a refund since I was going to have to repack anyways, and was told that I'd have to wait till Monday morning. WHAT??!! We left the hotel and stayed at the quality inn which was actually cheaper and 100x better!!!

Stayed: April 2014