“over priced for what u get”

Downtown Erie Hotel
Ranked #38 of 38 Hotels in Erie
Berkeley Springs, West Virginia
“over priced for what u get”
Reviewed 31 August 2011

we payed 65 for thur and 90 for fri and sat.. the 65 was reasonable for what u get .. but 90 way over priced.. when we got to our hotel, the elevator looked like it was going to plumet to the ground, then when we got to the top floor the walk way to our room is outside with spiders and birds flying everywhere..CRRRREEEEEPPPPY!!!! Surprise Surprise we get to our room and we have no sheets on the bed, one blanket is on the table and the other is on the couch( speaking of the couch, stained up and broken), our two pillows had no pillow cases and when i found them on the couch they each had hair on them.. not somthing I want to snuggle up too lol... I was so grateful that we brought our own sheets and pillows .. last but not least, the whole reason we wanted to stay was it was close to attractions and food, and the pics of the pool on the wensites.... WRONG!!! we have learned Pics lie big time... the pool was this nasty green color and you couldnt even see thru it.. bottom line is if u r in Erie, Pa.... DO NOT STAY AT DOWNTOWN ERIE HOTEL...

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank carrie25411

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
New Kensington, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 31 August 2011

Well i wish i could rate this hotel worse than terrible but i theres not an option for that. The pictures they show u on their website are NOTHING at all what it really looks like. when we got there the pool was cloudy and green now the blue crystal clear that they show u in the picture. another person staying here threatened to shoot me and my husband, for making noise outside and its not a hotel its a motel. we got a non smoking room but everyone smokes outside on the ripped up uneven concrete balcony so all the smoke wafts into your room anyways. one vending machine works, and the restaurant is closed. time to update their website you think? alll the pictures people posted on this website are exactly what the hotel looks likes NOT the ones that the hotel posts. it was the worst hotel i ever stayed in and they DELUXE complimentary breakfast is far from deluxe. 3 bagels 4 english muffins 2 prepackaged mini muffins cherrios and milk is far from deluxe to me.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank xjessica423x

Travellers are raving about these Erie hotels

washington
Reviewed 22 August 2011

room was quiet and comfortable. will stay again. save$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank tomu20
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 16 August 2011

I litterally felt like I had walked into a ghetto when we arrived at our room. All the hotels in the area were booked, accept for this place. We asked a hotel clerk for instructions to the place and her simple yet bleak wqords were " no, don't go there, try comfort in up the road". We soon realized among arriving at the "place" that we should have taken the ladys' advice. As we walked into the foyer we saw a man stading in line bare feet, keep in mind that you have to walk outside in order to reach the main entrance. The worker at the front desk was extremely lazy and the loaded with attitude. After taking one look at our room, I was just about ready to faint! I couldn't wait to get out of there. No matter how low your means say here. Apart from the hotel being a drug dealers paradise the area is creapy; especially at night time. Just so you know we ended up sleeping in our car, anything was better than that place!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank jennifer b
Meadow Lands, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 31 July 2011

My husband and i were celebrating our anniversary, i did some research via the internet, saw this hotel with pictures, thought it looked great, let me tell you, the pictures were very deceiving.unknown to me that they were deceiving,i booked this hotel for a 4 day stay, when we pulled in my husband turned to me and said"i didnt bring our gun" the area was horrible, the building was in deplorable condition,we went inside and said to the man working that we were they to check in,he stated to us "i have no rooms" with his arms flying around, i then said we have reservations, he again stated he had no rooms, asked us our names and said to come back in an hour and he would have a room for us, his attitude was very snotty, we left and went looking elsewhere, found a comfort inn and had incredible service, needless to say i called and cancelled our reservations at this hotel, very rude,disgusting place. DO NOT STAY.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Rosey53
avella
Reviewed 26 July 2011

We got there and the outside looked good until they directed you around back!!!!! The whole back of the hotel looked like it was falling down. The place was filthy!!!! I took one look in the bathroom and decided right then to get out. My 10 year old was having a panic attack and was crying if this is what erie was like she wanted to go home now!!!! Packed back up and got in elavator doors would not go all the way shut and then not open. This is why there is probaly a sign in the lobby that will refund you in the first 15mins. DO NOT BOOK THIS HOTEL AND IF YOU HAVE ALREADY DID SO CANCEL NOW!!!!!!!!!

Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank samolt16
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 20 July 2011

I don't know how the elevators pass inspection. Only take first floor rooms. Very dated. Cobwebs under furniture. Bed was clean and I slept well. I loved the pool. Water wasn't heated, but it was so hot, I was glad. It was very refreshing. Bring your own lounge chair though. There aren't very many to go around.

Staff was very helpful. You can't fault them for the building woes. They were friendly, courteous and very helpful.

If I went again, for the price, I would stay. It is very close to everything happening in Erie.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple