Downtown Erie Hotel
Baymont Inn & Suites Erie(Erie)(Great Value!)
US$120
US$104
Great 4.5/5
Wingate by Wyndham Erie(Erie)(Great Value!)
US$100
US$90
Good 3.5/5
US$134
US$101
Home2.com
Very Good 4/5
Red Roof Inn Erie(Erie)(Great Value!)
US$61
  • Pool
US$75
TripAdvisor
Very Good 4/5
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 August 2013

Cigarette stench, strange tenants with an awkward feel. Fortunately the woman at the desk was very cordial, don't know how she put up with some of the characters I passed in the hallways. Bathroom quality was quite poor; shower did not stay on and toilet was a bit sketchy. Bed and couch were not very accommodating. Bed was solid, my back hurt upon waking.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Philip K
Reviewed 14 July 2013

The rooms were DISGUSTING!! The staff is RUDE!! And its in an UNSAFE AND HORRIBLE part of town!! I would rather sleep on the street than stay at that hotel! The wall paper was coming off, the walls were cracked, and there was a peeping hole in my room wall!!! It does not look like how they advertise it... I was scared for my life and left there the same night I got there.. If you know whats good for you DO NOT GO TO DOWNTOWN ERIE HOTEL!!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Jay G
Reviewed 13 July 2013

The staff is friendly for the most part. They told us there is a continental breakfast, you get there by walking down to an old restaurant that is half tore up. They had a loaf of bread and a toaster. The hot water was practically non existent and it wasn't exactly the cleanest place. The swimming pool looked like it was filled with swamp water. I don't even know what else to say about this place except avoid it.

Room Tip: There is no room worth staying in, please just go somewhere else.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank John_S52607
Reviewed 22 November 2012

Stayed one night only and it will be my last......dirty and soiled box springs on the bed , visible as there was no valance.
Wrong fuse put in the heater, so it blew and the room was freezing.......paint peeling off bathroom celing along with badly stained tiles......but also had a cockroach lying on its back on the floor alive.
Got no satisfaction from the YES man at front desk......his attitude was well we booked through expedia so what did we expect........to top it off there was no hot water for a shower......they told us there were no other rooms available, even though the rooms beside us were vacant.......overall, would not recommend this dive to anyone.......a manager that has a business card on paper and a phone number that is not in service, screams. FISHY.

Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank christina47
Reviewed 24 October 2012

I called this hotel to ask some questions and I wanted to speak to the manager and/or the owner. When I called to ask the person who answered the phone wanted to know why I was asking. I told her I had some questions and comments and I wanted to direct them to someone in change. She then transferred me to a woman who said she was the assistant to the manager and that she would not transfer me to the manager and would not give me the name of the owner. What are you hiding????? She was not only rude but then threatened to sue me for harassment when I called back??? She said "I know who you are!" I'm not even sure what that meant.

I would never under any circumstance stay at this hotel. I think a nice soft spot on the lake would make for a better experience than dealing with the people at this hotel.

Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends