“Its a Super 8, but a suprise!”
Review of Super 8 Erie/I 90

Super 8 Erie/I 90
Ranked #27 of 38 Hotels in Erie
Gettysburg, PA
“Its a Super 8, but a suprise!”
Reviewed 17 August 2009

So we extended our vacay a night and needed to find a hotel on a Friday fast as they were booking quick. This is right across the highway from Talleyho-tel (posted a review, didnt stay). Upon check in I asked to see a room so I wouldnt have the Talley Ho experience and it was what I expected from an older Super 8. They are in the process of renovating which is good since it looks like my sons 3rd grade class hung the wallpaper. The woman at the desk (I think Bev) must work 24 hours a day cuz she was always there. She was very nice and accomodating. I was amazed when we were offered bottles of cold water for our long ride home. The breakfast was breads and fresh baked muffins,(I saw Brian actually baking them, he was nice) cereal, and juices. This area gets crowded in the am with people ready to go to the casino I guess. It shares a pool with the quality inn next door. The Quality Inn pool is heated and is very warm. It has a metal edge that I have never seen and I guess thats how it is so warm. It was nice but I must say seeing people write it the scum things like "we had sex here" is kinda creepy. (shivereing at the thought) but my kids loved it and it was vacay so I had to let it go. Anyway, I would stay here again if I was going to the casino but I don;t think I would want a long family vacay here next to the highway and all. There is a bar and restaurant onsite.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank paymeami2

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Meadville
Reviewed 12 September 2008

The staff was very friendly. The hotel was older but very clean. The rate was very reasonable.

• Liked — Friendly Staff
  • Disliked — Older Property
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled with family
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 22 July 2008

We stayed in the Erie I90 Super 8 overnight while we were traveling across the country. The desk clerk was friendly and the lobby was very plain. The motel is a 4 story building about 50 feet from I90 so it is noisy. The room itself looks nice and was comfortable but overall the place needs updating. We could not see out of the room because the main window has a leak in the thermo pane and has fogged over. The top of the TV cabinet appeared to have the top refinished with contact paper. The building only has one elevator and in the morning the competition between the housekeeping staff and guests leaving causes congestion. The room did not have either a refrigerator or a microwave and has ice machines on every other floor. The breakfast was a very simple cereal, toast, juice, coffee and muffins.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Noise and condition
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Travellers are raving about these Erie hotels

New Jersey
Reviewed 2 July 2007

I have stayed at this location on a couple of occasions, and have never had a problem. The staff is friendly, the rooms are clean and decent looking. This stay was going as wonderfully mediocre as all of my other stays here, until I noticed that there was something missing from my bag on the second day of my stay. Needless to say, I was shocked. I have stayed at numerous different hotels and have never had a problem of this nature. After looking all over the room to be certain they were not just misplaced, I informed the manager of the mishap. The manager said there was nothing he could to, and proceeded to give me a postcard, where I could rate my stay and send it to their customer service center. The manager seemed alarmingly unconcerned about the occurence. Due to their nonchalance, I will no longer stay at a Super 8 motel.

• Liked — The price
  • Disliked — The stolen items
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled as a couple
Sterling Heights, Michigan
Reviewed 18 September 2006

Won't make the mistake of staying here again. This was the cheapest room we could get ($90+ per night), but it's definitely no bargain. Room could use some upgrading and a heavy duty cleaning (especially the carpet). Front desk personnel not very helpful. Wouldn't consider eating at the restaurant/bar. Okay to have a couple of drinks - canned beer served out of a cooler. We only stayed here because it accepts pets, but avoid if you're able.

• Liked — Accepts pets
  • Disliked — Overpriced for the lackluster accommodations
  • Stayed September 2005
1 Thank kljgray
Waukesha, WI
Reviewed 13 July 2006

We had booked for two nights but they mixed up so had us spend the 2nd night next door at Quality Inn which was a bit nicer.
Hotel is pretty run down looking i.e. lobby, elevator, hallways. Housekeeping not the best. Thin blankets with holes in, lumpy pillows etc...

• Stayed July 2006
2 Thank BikeM0m
Toronto, ON
Reviewed 4 July 2006

I tried to book a room 2 weeks before my early July travel, and this was the cheapest among only a handful hotels/motels with room availability. The room is not bad. It's clean and roomy. The front desk staff is friendly. Although the word "hairdryer" is included in the hotel description, there was none in my room. I enquired at the front desk in the evening and was told it's available only in some rooms and the rest are on floating basis. Needlessly to say, I didn't get one. Be sure you bring one along if you really need one during your stay. The breakfast area is quite small, and could add a table or two. Didn't get time to use the outdoor swimming pool, which is located in the adjacent Quality Inn.

• Stayed July 2006