“As usual we were very pleased!Our rooms are always clean...”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Erie
Ranked #12 of 38 Hotels in Erie

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 19 October 2013

When I first entered the room, I felt like I was in a hospital room or dorm room in college. We had a room with two twin beds. There was lighting above the beds that ran the width of the room and quite bright. No lamp on night table between beds only pot lights in the little alcove at the window so the room was either too bright or somewhat dim if you turn off the light above the beds. Because there are so many rooms, you could hear the doors banging shut and people in the halls and the other rooms. I stayed two nights and both nights it was hard to sleep on a single bed if you are not use to it and the second night someone came in late (around 2) and turned their TV on and you could hear it blaring (I even had earplugs and could hear it). The breakfast on Sunday was good, scrambled eggs, waffles etc but it was busy and there were not enough places to sit. Monday morning, the breakfast was similar but no hot eggs only cold hard boiled. The hotel in a decent location but you have to drive into Erie to go shopping. The rooms were clean but too small. I personally would not stay there again. I prefer some space and a quieter room.

Room Tip: Many get a room at the very end of the hall so you don't have to listen to everyone walking up a...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
MicrotelInnErie, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Erie, responded to this review, 23 October 2013
Thank you for sharing your comments.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 17 October 2013

It has been a few years since I wrote a review about this Inn, 2006 to be exact!

As always, this location is my number 1 choice when spending the night in Erie, PA.

It's located close by the Interstate, restaurants, and shopping. The price of their rooms are reasonable compared to surrounding Hotels. The property is always well maintained, it actually looks like they just repaved again, I think this is the third or fourth time over the past 10 years I've been coming here.

Yes, as one reviewer mentioned, the TVs are the big old tube type... but... I see the mirror over the desk is gone (in my room at least) and there is a TV Cable sticking out of the wall... So I'm thinking that they will be replacing the old TVs with the new thin ones soon!

Keep up the great work here ladies!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
MicrotelInnErie, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Erie, responded to this review, 22 October 2013
You are correct - we are currently replacing all of televisions twith 32" flat screens and they will be located above the desk. We will be offering an extended HD channel line up. Our WIFI is being upgraded to increase speed and band width. This project will be completed before the end of the year.

We did just pave our parking lot in 2012. The parking lot was sealed and striped in 2013.

We have plans to expand our breakfast room in 2014. We are aware of the need for more space and have been exploring options to enlarge our eating area and provide more seating for our guests.

Microtel Inn Erie is continually working to update the property while focusing on providing our guests with clean rooms and great customer service.

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your comments. Look forward to seeing you again soon!