“Comfort on a Budget”

Americas Best Value Inn Erie
Ranked #33 of 38 Hotels in Erie
Reviewed 7 August 2014

We found this on our way back to Ohio from New England when we did not have reservations anywhere. A coupon book at the state information booth lead us the America's Best Value Inn and we were delighted. For less than $70/night we had a comfy room with basic amenities.

The hotel offers a restaurant on site! That's nice when you've just spent 12 hours in the car and don't want to get in it again to go find a place for dinner. The food was ok but the service was spotty.

While the hotel offers a "free" breakfast, it is all carbs so we skipped it. On the whole, a reasonable value.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NomadNancy51
Manny P, Front Office Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Erie, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2014

Dear Guest, Thank you very much for the positive feedback you provided us with. We were very glad to hear that you were pleased with the service and our hotel facilities during your stay with us. Regards, Manny P

Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

We are working in the area and for 2 beds we pay $950 per month plus an extra $100 for our small dog. It is quite comfortable although it would be nice if maid service were more often than once a week. Never seem to have enough towels. Other than that its fine. Breakfast is included...nothing fancy but good waffles...coffee is awful but the rooms have coffee makers so you can make your own. Quiet. Friendly staff. Microwave and small refrigerator in room have been much appreciated. I would definàtely recommend.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank tenismagic

Thank you for your positive feedback, we are delighted that your stay was enjoyable, and we do hope to be of service to you again in the future. Kind regards, Manny P

Reviewed 5 August 2014

we spent a night here while driving on a long road trip. we were pleasantly surprised that the room was all ready for us. we are a family of 6 and there were 2 double beds and a sofa bed waiting for us. all of us had a comfortable place to sleep. there was free parking and a free breakfast. the breakfast was okay, nothing too fancy. but for the price we paid, i think it was a little expensive. it is not what we are used to, but decent. would i spend two nights here...probably not. but if you are looking for somewhere to crash for the night, it's an okay place.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest, thank you very much for the positive feedback you provided us with. We were glad to hear that you were pleased with the service and our hotel facilities during your stay with us. Regards, Manny P

Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

This place was a dump and has bogus policies that I have NEVER heard before in my life.

Our room was grimey, in desperate need of an update and smelled terrible. It was way overpriced for the $$. I suggest staying someplace else.

I am moving cross country for a job relocation and needed a receipt for my stay to provide to the relocation company. I am traveling with my small dog and was honest with the hotel about this fact at the time of booking my hotel as well as at check in. The hotel charges an extra $15 few for the dog, which is fine and acceptable.

When I checked in I asked the evening desk clerk for a receipt and he told me that I would be provided one at check out.

The next morning we went to check out at 8:30 am the desk clerk REFUSED to provide me with a receipt showing the hotel charge with an additional pet fee. She said the receipt is on Expedia, however the online booking does not show the pet fee. How do I prove that I paid this extra $15 to the relocation company without my receipt?

I booked through Expedia, something I will avoid in the future.

Stayed: August 2014

Thank you for your feedback regarding your visit, we welcome both negative and positive feedback in order for us to continually improve as we aim to offer the best level of service possible. We obviously failed in a key area for your stay. This is very disappointing , and I offer my sincere apologies. Regards, Manny P

Reviewed 12 July 2014

Have stayed there many times, about once a month, however, disappointed re coupons! I was charged more than the coupon stated and when I inquired, I was told (abruptly)-read the fine print!! Maybe the young lady just had a bad day--but---you are dealing with the public--get over it!! LOL.. The mature gentleman in the mornings is terrific!! Have had many (not insurmountable) problems; however, the hotel is convenient to my stays and I also will recommend to my associates...

Room Tip: Best rooms are around desk area and down stairs!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Robert B

Thank you for your feedback. We hope to serve you again with the best possible service. Regards, Manny P

Reviewed 8 July 2014

I was in the hotel and food sv business 4 27 years...The place was no frills,clean ,extremely friendly and helpful and were very concerned with the guests around me and myself. price was fair for what you got. ask for a fridge and micro when making resev. All staff including maids were very nice.....I will stay here again....

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thank your for your positive feedback, we are delighted that your stay was enjoyable, and we hope to be of service to you again in the future. Kind Regards, Manny P

Reviewed 24 June 2014

My family and I checked in to this hotel on our way to Canada. We were surprised by the quality of our stay for the money we paid for our rooms. We took two rooms, initially for just one night but we ended up staying two nights because kids wanted to spend more time in Erie, PA. Rooms were clean, comfortable mattresses, lobby is very fancy and most importantly there is a restaurant in the hotel and food was veryyyyyy delicious. Continental breakfast was very reasonable, free wifi, outside pool !!!! Staff is very professional, helpful and polite. This hotel is away from city hustle that is what we liked the most. We experienced very comfortable and peaceful stay. Will definitely stay there again and again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank IZNA_K

Dear Guest, thank you very much for your positive feedback you provided us with. We were very glad to hear that you were pleased with the service and our hotel facilities during you stay with us. Regards, Manny P