“A good recommendation - thanks TripAdvisor”
Review of Red Roof Inn Erie

Red Roof Inn Erie
Ranked #7 of 38 Hotels in Erie
florida
“A good recommendation - thanks TripAdvisor”
Reviewed 21 August 2012

Found through TripAdvisor on the iPhone, we stayed Sunday July 29th and smiled when we drove up and saw the huge banner that RedRoof had on the outside wall "Voted #1 by Trip Advisor.com!"
Checking in, Abbey took care of us. An employee that Red Roof should be proud of - very helpful. I would guess that this hotel is brand spanking new, or has had a complete and thorough renovation. Spotless!
We had requested a North facing room away from the highway, and were situationed on the ground floor. The room wasn't huge but it was very clean. We were impressed with the electrical plug-in capability for phone/computer chargers, which certainly isn't typical of most hotel rooms where often, you have to unplug a lamp to charge your phone. Not here. Kudos to Red Roof for truly considering the traveller!
Room had a hairdryer, iron and coffeemaker but no mini-fridge or microwave - we missed having a fridge. Nonetheless, this hotel is a great value for folks travelling the highway.
Breakfast voucher provided to each guest for the McD's next door since Red Roof has no restaurant. Now there's a clever idea.

Room Tip: When checking in, be certain to ask for a room that's NOT on the highway side. We did, and it w...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
jgdanetz, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Erie, responded to this review, 26 August 2012
I would like to sincerely thank you and all of our guests that choose to stay with us! For it is only through all of their wonderful feedback that we are able to get the word out about our hotel. I am indeed very proud of Abbey as well as my entire crew here! Thank you so much for recognizing Abbey as every comment we receive on our staff here is motivation to continue striving for higher customer service. Also thank you for noticing our multi-use charging stations! We recently had them installed in our rooms to give guests the opportunity to accommodate an entire family's worth of devices. I would like to add though that we do have rooms that have microwaves and mini-fridges in them. They would be our superior king and our deluxe double rooms. We would love to reserve one for you on your next stop over in Erie.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (269)
ROME
Reviewed 20 August 2012

I stayed here one night and will gladly do so again. It was very affordable. The whole hotel is non-smoking; the rooms have been updated with hardwood floors and it is very clean. Since it is right off the interstate, you should ask for a room on the opposite side from the highway, otherwise you hear some noise. But, since it is right off the interstate, right in Erie, it is easy to find. The desk clerk was very welcoming in spite of a line to check in. There are no elevators so if you do get a room on the second floor you have to carry your bags up a flight of stairs. The room included very comfortable beds and a flat-screen TV. The clerk gave me a ticket for a free full breakfast at McDonalds, which directly adjoins the hotel, and would have given out coupons for the Presque Isle casino if I had wanted them. There were gas stations and all sorts of fast food and convenience stores right at the exit as well. It had everything I needed

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the side away from the highway.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
We have focused our efforts greatly on our guest interaction and I am very proud to hear that my Front Desk's enthusiasm held up even during a rush. I could ask for nothing more than for all of our guests to feel welcome when they visit our property. I am so happy that our hotel had all you could ask for and that the room was clean, comfortable and fresh. With my housekeeping team and all that they do here, we really have something special that our guests notice when they stay. We are all very appreciative to the fact that you enjoyed our McDonald's breakfast. We've worked hard with them to organize as many options with them as possible. I hope that the next time you choose to stay that we will again be able to provide you with all that you need in a hotel.
Sudbury, Canada
Reviewed 20 August 2012

This hotel is not the fanciest, but it was a great stay and quite affordable. It was clean, and comfortable, and the staff were very friendly. We stayed on the first floor, on the side away from the highway. We were given vouchers for free breakfast meals at McDonalds which was in the same plaza, and came in quite handy the next day. It is very busy at McDonalds in the morning, so we went through drive through on our way out, and saved time. Everything was wonderful for the price. If you like soft pillows, you might consider bringing your own. Although there were 4 provided, they were all firm. And there is a $1.50 fee for use of the in room safe (which I didn't mind at all because we used it), but it can be refunded if you don`t use it. Great location, minutes away from Millcreek Mall and Presque Isle, 1 hour north of Grove City. Check in early - it fills up quickly! We will definitely be staying here again next time we go that way!

Room Tip: Rooms on the side away from the highway are much quieter. Check in early - it fills up quickly!
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
jgdanetz, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Erie, responded to this review, 25 August 2012
I want to thank you so much for your honest review of your experience with us! Your review touches on the foundation of what our hotel is: a hotel that may not have the fancy bells and whistles as those of some of our competitors but instead offer good, clean rooms and great customer service! I am very happy to know that you were able to take full advantage of our McDonald's breakfast vouchers and our in-room safe. Also in regards to our pillows I would like to add that we do keep a different variety of pillow which is a bit softer that we keep on hand for any guest that may request one. I appreciate you adding our hotel in your travel plans and we hope to see you soon!
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 19 August 2012

Was not lucky enough to get a room on the side without the highway. I found it to be noisy from the traffic. There was no elevator to the 2nd floor. A little trying with heavy suitcases.
The hotel room was clean. The pillows were not comfortable at all. Definately not the greatest sleeps I have had in a hotel.
The coupons for breakfast was a surprise - not in a good way. We drove into Erie to find a proper restaurant for breakfast.
This is not on my list of places to visit again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the highway, and on the first floor.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
I am sorry that we booked you into a room facing the highway even though you preferred the back side of our hotel. With our great Tripadvisor exposure comes increased awareness to every aspect of our hotel and I apologize that due to guest demand we were unable to honor your request for a rear facing room. I am at the least grateful that we could place you into a clean room. I would also like to apologize for our McDonald's breakfast being an unpleasant surprise. Unfortunately our lobby setup does not allow us the privilege of a kitchen so we had to accommodate a breakfast via an alternate route. I hope that during your travels you will reconsider your decision not to stay with us and allow us the opportunity to re-earn your trust in the Red Roof Erie.
toronto, ontario
Reviewed 18 August 2012

My daughter and I stayed here mid-week for two nights. Since one side of the parking lot is directly beside the highway, we specifically asked for a room not-facing the highway. We had to take one upstairs and inside, rather than the door opening outside but we didn't mind. As we were going out the next morning a woman from across the hall said "you got a room on the right side" so I'm glad we thought to ask. The place is clean, and I liked the fact there was laminate floors, the only carpet is under the & beside the beds. We were there for shopping so we didn't spend much time in the room. It is about 8 min from Peach Street with the big mall, department stores & restaurants and 1 hr from Grove City. Breakfast at McDonalds was really busy, but the choices were adequate to tide you over until lunch. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not facing the highway
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
It is good to know that when our guests make special requests that we are able to honor them. I am happy to hear that your stay with us was so clean and affordable. We are also very appreciative to your comment saying that we are "Red Roof at its best". We try to set ourselves apart with the level of cleanliness that we provide to our guests. Our new flooring helps us tremendously in cleaning our rooms and I am glad that you liked them. I thank you for considering us on your next time in the area and hope that you always find our rooms clean and our price nice.
Ohio
Reviewed 17 August 2012

My sister and I stayed here last weekend. It is close the casino and only about a 10-15 minute drive to Waldameer, Presque Isle State Park, Zoo, and Splash Lagoon. The room was nice and the beds were really comfortable. We were given slot play tickets and free McDonlads breakfast tickets for each day. McDonalds is right next door. They even offered discounted tickets to Splash Lagoon, but I had a coupon already and it is 10 dollars off after 4. The only problem I had was the second night when the neighbors dog was barking all night. I told the front desk the next morning and they said I should of called and they would of taken care of it. All in all it was a great stay and nice staff!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
jgdanetz, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Erie, responded to this review, 24 August 2012
We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us so much! It sounds like you two had quite the eventful visit to Erie! I am just glad that we were able to help your visit be remembered as a pleasant one! While it is true that our team would most certainly handle any situation that is brought to our attention, such as a barking dog; my team should have been performing periodic security walks. This would have ensured all was right in the hotel and we could have prevented any serious noise disturbances. However, I am truly grateful that we could make your stay a memorable one and hope you think of us for your next stay in Erie.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed 15 August 2012

The room was nice and the price was also nice. The bed was really comfortable. The location is a little way out from some of the main attractions of the hotel but the casino is right up the street and they actually gave us free coupons to the slots because of our stay. All in all I would stay again. The bathroom could have been bigger, it was cramped. Nice ironing board and hair dryer in the room.

Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your compliments on our rooms, beds and pricing! I am glad that we could provide you with a comfortable night's sleep. However I am sorry that our bathroom felt a bit cramped for you. I would like to mention that we do have rooms on the second floor which, due to our building layout are equipped with a larger bathroom. It is true that our hotel is one exit away from shopping, movie theaters and restaurants. However we feel this puts us at the perfect distance as our hotel is not bogged down with the heavy neighboring Peach Street traffic but still allows for just a short drive to the attractions.