“Great value!”

Ranked #7 of 38 Hotels in Erie
Bracebridge, Canada
“Great value!”
Reviewed 15 October 2013

I booked this room based on the reviews from this site and was not disappointed! My husband and I had planned a shopping weekend and we knew we wouldn't be spending much time in the room. The scenery around the hotel leaves a little to be desired but certainly didn't seem unsafe. I appreciated how close the hotel was to the highway and such a quieter exit then Peach St. The rooms were clean and the bed was comfortable. The grab and go breakfast was a great way to start the morning and appreciated. We had no issues with noise although we stayed on the back side on the top floor. I would definitely book here again, it is a fabulous value for the price!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
jgdanetz, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Erie, responded to this review, 25 October 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review! We absolutely love hearing that guests read other reviews on Tripadvisor and decided to stay with us based upon those reviews. We know that there is nothing more legitimate than reading reviews from other actual guests who have actually stayed with us previously with which to base your own decisions. Thank you as well for your appreciation of our location and our RediSetGo breakfast option. We are glad to hear that you will keep us in mind for future reservations. We look forward to seeing you again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (269)
Massena, New York
Reviewed 13 October 2013

Very tired and ready to get off the road, I checked TripAdvisor and this hotel was highly recommended. I had a 5:30 AM flight and needed to get some rest. There were construction workers outside in the parking lot drinking and talking loudly up until midnight, when I called the front desk and complained, all they did was look down the parking lot. At 1:30 AM a couple next door had an argument and took it outside, yelling, foul language and slamming ensued. That quieted down but at 2:30, someone next door to us left in their car (their car was parked facing our room). They returned at 3 AM and sat in front of our room, with their car lights on, blasting music on the radio. We got up, more tired than when we got there and left at 3:30 for the airport. My husband had an 8 hour drive for home ahead of him. If you see construction vehicles, don't stay! By the way, I wasn't charged for this stay after I complained.

Room Tip: Maybe get a room by the office. It might be quieter there.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank dreamweaver11
I would like to apologize for your having such an unpleasant stay experience with us. I would also like to apologize as well for my team simply just "looking at the parking lot" this is unheard of to me and I have already spoken with the GSR in question about it. While you seem to have your mind made up I do hope that this experience will not dissuade you from staying with Red Roof Inns all together.
Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 9 October 2013

My sister and I stayed at the Red Roof Inn in Erie PA. Our room was very clean. The beds were comfortable. The hotel staff was very friendly and even helped me locate a church for me. The bagged breakfast was enough for us. McDonald's was close by. We were not too far from the shopping district. We went to Presque Isle Casino for breakfast (4.99). I would stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: We had a room at the back of the hotel so it was quiet.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
jgdanetz, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Erie, responded to this review, 12 October 2013
Thank you for staying with us while visiting Erie and for considering us such a great value too! We focus greatly on our guest interaction so I love nothing more as a boss than hearing that my team is helpful and friendly. I am glad that you informed me about the breakfast at the casino for only $4.99 as well. Now I will have another option to let our guests know about should any inquire! I thank you for choosing to stay with us on future visits as we hope to see you soon!
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 8 October 2013

In room coffee, nice décor, nice work area, micro and fridge, nice bathrooms, very very very clean. Great Wifi. I was able to settle in and get some work done and got good rest. Front desk is friendly and the new look of the hotel is really nice.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your recent business trip through the area. We do our best to welcome all types of guests to our hotel and we very much appreciate that we were able to provide you with such a pleasant stay.

We are glad you liked the look of our new remodel as well! We have recently finished constructing a smoking shelter which is proving to be a very pleasant atmosphere to lounge around in between activities, shopping or business.

I hope that the next time you visit Erie you will keep us in mind!

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 7 October 2013

Great stay at the Red Roof Inn. We stayed on a Saturday night in an attempt to head east for the fall foliage. We took our 10 month old puppy and everything was fantastic. It was super clean and things really looked cared for throughout the motel. We had room 104 with a King bed. The room looked a bit larger than some of the other rooms but the bathroom was tiny. It was fine for our stay because the sink/vanity is large and outside of the bathroom. There is a workstation desk that doubled as our dining table. There are not many food choices at this exit but 2 miles down I90 there is everything to eat as well as some shopping.
The pet areas are sufficient at the front and back of the motel. There is also an awesome pavilion structure that looks as if it houses smokers (I'm not a smoker and would have loved a fenced in area for dogs but I also understand business). Looks like great workmanship and they really have their ear to the ground to accommodate many different types of people.
Rate was great, too. The bagged breakfast was pretty handy and quick.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for choosing us as your stop over on your way to see the beautiful autumn colors! I hope that you were able to get many picturesque shots this year. Thank you as well for complimenting on the cleanliness of our rooms and our new smoking shelter! We have recently completed it and are very proud of how it has changed our atmosphere for smokers and non-smokers alike. I am so glad that we were able to provide you and your pets with such a wonderful experience and hope that we are able to continually deliver every time you visit the area.
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 5 October 2013

By far the cleanest motel I've been to! Spent a night there for the Erie Marathon at Presque Isle. The location is convenient to the interstate (right at an exit), but not much else in the immediate vicinity. Decent size room and a comfortable bed, WiFi was working well. Muffin and an apple were good for a snack, coffee in the lobby was better than what you can make in the room. Staff was friendly, and accommodated late checkout request with no problems. The only two issues: I have asked for a quiet room in the rear, but got one next to a walkway and some kind of electrical or laundry facilities that was anything but quiet. Especially when some other guests decided to have a loud conversation at 11 pm right outside my door. The second issue was water in the pipes never got cold enough (I need an ice bath after a race) and the AC unit was a bit noisy.

Room Tip: Stay away from ground floor rooms on each side of the walkway in the middle of the building - Too no...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
jgdanetz, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Erie, responded to this review, 6 October 2013
Thank you so much for considering us the cleanest motel you have stayed in! I cannot express how proud it makes me to know that our efforts are paying off. I am glad that my team was able to provide you with a late check out without incident. I do apologize for placing you into a room that was next to our laundry facilities. Also if you ever are to experience a problem with guest noise outside of your room, please contact my front desk. We are here to make sure that no guest’s enjoyment comes at the expense of another’s comfort.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 2 October 2013

Got to the Red Roof fairly late, about 9:30 p.m., checked in and left my computer inadvertently in the lobby area. Front desk personell came after me with computer case as I was going to my room to get it back to me. Also liked the L-shape of the table in my room - very nice for computer work, which I always do.

Appreciated the bagged breakfast, which I took to my car and drove away.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Thank you so much for your comments about our front desk staff! I am absolutely proud to have such a great team working for me here and consider our hotel very lucky. We know that interaction with our staff from the moment you walk in the door plays a crucial part in the overall satisfaction of the hotel experience. I am glad that the Superior King room had adequate room for you to do your computer working in as well! I hope that the next time you visit the area that we will be able to provide you with an equally enjoyable stay!