“Sure changed my opinion of this chain”
Review of Red Roof Inn Erie

Red Roof Inn Erie
Ranked #6 of 38 Hotels in Erie
Reviewed 24 August 2014

My lady booked this, and my first reaction was to note how close it was to the Interstate. However, she took the advice of another person here, and got us a room on the back side of the property. It's as quiet as any I've been to out in the country. We got an accessible room on the first floor, the room is spacious and clean. Now, they have carpeting only right inside the door, and just adjoining the bedsides, but if you can deal with that, you'll have no complaints.

As was pointed out below, breakfast is a grab and go, but for the price, I can get my own Egg McMuffin at the Mickey D's next door, and not have to fight off crowds of people for some rubber eggs and mystery meat sausage.

Clean, fresh room, very modern amenities (the HDTV got flawless reception and picture quality) and everything worked as it should. I'd gladly come back here on any future travel through the area. Nice stay at an exceptional value.

Room Tip: Get a room on the opposite side of the Interstate, and if you can get one on the first floor, you...
1  Thank hunter112
jgdanetz, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Erie, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2014

Let me start by saying thank you to your wife! I am glad that she decided to give us a try and that it helped us to create a new image for you of the Red Roof Brand! We absolutely hold ourselves to high standards and have for years done our best to show our guests what a quality and affordable experience can be.

I am glad that you mentioned how you first felt upon entering our property in conjunction with our proximity to the interstate. We have found that for guests who consider themselves light sleepers, whose request for a rear facing room is honored have almost unanimously enjoyed their experiences with us. This is also true for heavy sleepers who book a room on the front side of our hotel. We often get compliments of our cleanliness and friendly staff and we believe it is due to succeeding in delivering crucial elements such as these that have been able to win our guests over.

One last note, I would like to mention also the topic of McDonalds. While it is still in the works, we will shortly be partnering up with our adjacent McDonalds to provide breakfast vouchers to all of our guests who book with us. While I wish we could have been able to provide you with this little added bonus, I am certain that during your next stay with us that you will find it quite agreeable. Once again I thank you for you comments and we look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 24 August 2014

I've been visiting erie for a number of years and tried many hotels in the area. Red roof is close to the casino and theres just about any type resteraunt nearby, tho its about 20 minutes from presque isle the value and cleanliness make it worth the ride. tip::: ask for a room on the rear of hotel and you'll hardly know that there is a major highway right in front. Rooms are very clean, comfortable, and the staff is quite friendly. its my choice hotel in erie area.

Room Tip: I prefer a room on the ground floor on rear side.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank jmax1964

Thank you for choosing us as your preferred hotel when you visit the Erie area! We are especially grateful for your praise considering that you've stayed at so many other local hotels to compare us with. We would like to thank you for your review and let you know how much we appreciate your kind words.

Our two main focuses have always been providing clean room with friendly service. I have been with the Red Roof Inn Erie for many years and I plan to have many more providing excellent service to our guests. I hope that we can continue to live up to your expectations that were built from previous experiences and that your stays with us only get better!

Reviewed 23 August 2014

We stayed for one night, not my first choice however it was a last minute booking. Beds are comfortable and the extra pillows were nice. The shower leaked water onto the floor , not sure why this was happening. The rooms do seem to be newly remodeled. It was a good room for sleeping after a day at the beach.

Room Tip: Try to get a room at the back of the hotel. The highway is right in front of the hotel and the rooms...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
jgdanetz, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Erie, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2014

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Erie Red Roof Inn. I am sorry that we were not your first choice of hotel in the area and that you experienced a few problems while staying with us.

If you have the time, could you please email which room you were in? If so I would greatly appreciate it so that I can send my maintenance staff to check and see if we need different shower head/piping in the room or if its a faulty shower curtain.

If not, I still do appreciate your taking the time to write a review of your stay with us. We pride ourselves on providing our guests with clean room and excellent, friendly service and are happy to hear that we were at least able to provide you with a comfortable room.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

It didn't have an elevator to the second floor and the carpet in the hallway looked pretty dingy, but the room was great. It was renovated, clean, and just what we needed for a one night stay. The free Wifi worked great and was quite helpful on my working vacation. I would recommend getting a room on the back side of the hotel as the traffic from the freeway was a little loud at times. Free breakfast was a to go bag with a muffin, apple and bottle of water, so don't expect too much. The desk person was helpful but not overly engaged in conversation.

Room Tip: Be sure to check out downtown and the Presque Isle. Plenty of restaurants to choose from.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
jgdanetz, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Erie, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

Thank you for your honest review, and in particular thank you for the heading! I greatly appreciated that as we are constantly thinking of small ways to improve guest experience. Things such as our conveniently located smoking shelter on the back side of our property, placing extra towels in the room, as well as placing extra outlets in the rooms for our guests to charge their mobile devices. I would like to thank you for considering returning to our property and hope that we can improve upon your experience for an even better stay in the future.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

We were just traveling through and needed a quick place to stay over night. It's right along interstate 90 which makes it quick and easy to get back on the road in the morning. Being along the highway makes for road noise but I had no trouble sleeping through it.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your positive comments about the cleanliness and convenient location of our hotel. We agree and are glad to be stationed right off of I-90. We also have a bus stop at the end of our street within walking distance in case any guests would like to see downtown, and perhaps enjoy a drink of one of our many restaurants and bars in the area. We also provide our guests with a location map of Erie and also a restaurant guide for our guests convenience. I hope that next time you are in town you will have the chance to see even more of our wonderful city.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

We drove to PA to do some shopping and booked the Red Rood Inn, we had heard it was a very clean and reasonably priced hotel. We arrived and checked in greeted to amazing service, the rooms so very clean and updated. close to shopping we needed. I would absolutely stay there again it was a very comfortable place to stay!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Michael B
jgdanetz, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Erie, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

Thank you for choosing the Red Roof Erie as your hotel when you did some shopping in the area! We are very glad that we can provide our guests a little well needed rest from the long days of shopping and driving. I hope that the we can become a staple of your regular travel schedule anytime you visit the area! If there is ever anything extra you would like, for example directions to a new store please let my front desk know and they will gladly take care of it. Enjoy the rest of your summer and we look forward to your next trip to Erie!

Reviewed 15 August 2014

We recently stayed here again while moving our son to Erie for grad school. It is very convenient as it is right off I-90' beside McDonalds and close to gas stations. The rooms are very clean and recently renovated with laminate flooring, new fixtures, etc. Comfy beds and nice pillows and towels. I would have given it 5 stars but there was in issue with the free wi-fi while we were there and we were unable to use it. When the desk clerk asked me at checkout how everything was I responded it was all good except for the wi-fi and she gave me a 15 percent discount on my next stay at any Red Roof Inn. The grab and go breakfast they offer includes a Sara Lee muffin (mine was very fresh), a small apple and a bottle of water. Perfect if u are in a rush or not really much of a breakfast person. Will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: I would request the first building, 2nd floor, backside of motel for a quieter room.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Thank you so much for your wonderful review! My team and I do our very best to live up to the reputation we have built for ourselves with such a great focus on customer interaction and room cleanliness. Thank you so much for considering returning to our inn, and please do! You are always welcome at the Red Roof Inn Erie! We will do our best to continue building a better place to stay for our guests.