“Excellent for your needs”

Wyndham Garden Philadelphia Airport
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Essington
central Wisconsin, USA
“Excellent for your needs”
Reviewed 18 May 2012

I was unable to find affordable lodging in Central City, but this wonderful hotel served me well. It's a short 10 - 12 minute free shuttle ride from the airport, and for my 5 night stay in Philadelphia, I used the free shuttle back to the airport - hopped on the train and was downtown in 30 minutes or less. Rooms that have been recently renovated are very large, extremely comfortable and take care of most all you could want. The bed and linens were great. The restaurant - and a bar - are not very fancy, but the food and drinks were delicious and zesty. The staff could not have been nicer and I enjoyed meeting several of them during my stay. Friendly, affordable, convenient ..... what more could you want? P.S. and it was very quiet inside the room!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank tiguaguy
WyndhamGardenPHL, Manager at Wyndham Garden Philadelphia Airport, responded to this review, 16 June 2012
Hi Tiguaguy,

Thank you for taking the time to post your complimentary comments. We are pleased to know that we were able to exceed your needs during your visit here to our great city. We're happy to hear that you took advantage of our shuttle to the airport and then took the train into the city. It is a great way to avoid having to rent a car, or take a cab to get into the city. It's convenient, easy, and cost effective.

We look forward to seeing you again when you are back in the area. Thank you for your business.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 14 May 2012

First impression of this hotel was a decent front desk, ample parking and nice, well kept hotel. My fiance and I were staying here over a 4 day, extend weekend for graduation services at a nearby university. The room was large and nicely appointed. The bathroom was modern and clean - no weird hairs or rings in the tub.

However, when we encountered problems, although minor, were a major annoyance for us. After we arrived at the hotel and dropped our bags off, we went our immediately again for the evening for dinner with family and friends. When we arrived at 11:00pm, we wanted to shower. We realized that there was only one hand towel, one bath towel and one face towel for a room that was clearly booked and paid for, for TWO people. We immediately went downstairs to the front desk and they told us that they will bring the needed towels. We asked how long would it take since we had just completed a 9 hour drive, a 3 hour dinner and needed to be up at 6am for graduation the next morning. The concierge replied "As soon as the maintenance man is able." REALLY?! We were more than a little ticked, however, it was late and we weren't going to argue. Fifteen minutes later, we get a knock at the door with the maintenance man. He hands me three, hand-sized towels and walks away. As I open them I realize these are for the pool - thin and a poor quality. I walked after him in the hallway and said there was a mistake and we needed BATH towels. He stated that there was a "towel shortage" in the hotel and none would be available until the next morning. He did apologize that no one at the front desk had mentioned this, as they should have. I walk back to our room and decide to shower anyway. I find that there is only conditioner and a hand lotion in the tub. No shampoo.

No breakfast either. Some of our friends had stayed at the Comfort Inn - the hotel next door to us and stated they received all their towels, hotel accouterments AND a large, hot free breakfast every morning of their stay.

Needless to say, those "little" things really add up and we will never stay here or recommend this hotel to our friends and family. It was more than embarrassing - we almost DID recommend this hotel to our family and I am SO glad that we didn't!!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LovingMyLife27
hi LovingmyLife27,

We apologize for the challenges you faced with the guest towels. It was handled poorly by our team, and we would like the opportunity to make this right. Please contact a member of our management team to discuss this matter further so we may resolve this as we value your business. 610 521 2400
North Olmsted, Ohio
Reviewed 11 May 2012

I quite liked the hotel. The room was similar in decor and general feel to some 5 star hotels I have stayed in. The size was good. There was a large flat screen TV with 50 channels. Everything worked as it should. And staff were quite pleasant and helpful. The shuttle service never made me wait over 20 minutes (used it 7 times) and averaged about 10 minutes.

There were people talking in the parking lot outside around 2-3 in the morning on a couple of nights, but not for long. I guess I shouldn't fault the hotel for that.

Their restaurant seemed a bit bland (in appearance). We had a couple of beers at the bar.

Bottomline, i'd recommend them and use them again if needed.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to share your positive comments with us. We are pleased to know that you found our hotel to accommodate your needs.

We thank you for your business and look forward to being of service to you again in the future. I If we can be of assistance, please contact a manager at 610 521 2400
Avondale, Arizona
Reviewed 10 May 2012

This hotel needs major work. For a Wyndham doesn't meet stndard. Internet sucks for wifi & the van is always late.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank travelermanPhoenix
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 9 May 2012

Stayed here serveral times for an overnight stay or for 2 nights pending on my travel plans. Staff to busy to assist guests waiting in line due to texting or talking with each other about their upcoming social plans. After finally checking in and getting to room to find it not finished being cleaned, when the front desk said it was. Had to wait in hallway for almost 10 mins for housekeeping to finish. Finally I was able to get in room and sit down and relax for a few. Ten I went to the vending machine. One machine took my money, another machine gave me something different than what I selected. Then stupid on my part, try it again and yet again not what I selected. Called front desk and was told "at least you got something", but they will refund my money for the 1 that didn't give me anything. Not worth my time even going down to get it. Should refund all 3. From reading the reviews it looks like there are some issues that need to be address at this property.So, my next trip I will probably look around at other hotels first.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
4 Thank Matt S
Altoona, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 7 May 2012

The room at the Wyndham Garden was very nice, updated, and remarkably quiet. The staff was not attentive. We waited at the front desk while the two people behind the desk ignored us and had a conversation about what shifts they had during the next couple of days. They seemed to think they were putting on an amusing performance for us, but we just wanted to check in. When we did get our room key we lugged our baggage upstairs to find that the room we'd been assigned was in the process of being cleaned. We carried our things back downstairs and got a key to another room. Once we got into the room we were relatively pleased with the finishes and the fact that there was a refrigerator. It was also remarkably quiet considering its proximity to the airport and I-95.
The vending area was a big frustration. The soda machine was not functioning properly and did not give me the right drink. When I went to the front desk one of the people who had been there the previous afternoon grudgingly gave me a refund. Then when trying to use the food vending machine, another person put money three times for a bag of chips. None of them dropped but were all stuck. Then on the fourth try, one bag dropped but got stuck on it's way down! This hotel needs to switch vending machine providers!
Our room was nicely updated but the lobby and the hallways were dated and dingy.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank James T
Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 6 May 2012

We stayed at this hotel overnight, prior to an early flight the next morning. Check in was friendly and efficient. The room was nice, but the blanket on the bed had old food on it and the toilet had not been cleaned. Price to park here for the duration of our trip and spend the night was reasonable. The shuttle driver dropped us at terminal A the next morning, even though he knew our airline was in terminal D. We had to walk to terminal D, which was a fairly long hike. I think he did this because he had people waiting at the hotel for a rid and wanted to get back. I may consider staying here again, but would need to explore other options.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank kittycat94
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We understand that your issues were resolved immediately and we have informed the company that operates our shuttles of your unfortunate situation upon your drop off at the wrong terminal. We understand the importance of timeliness, as we would not have wanted you to miss your flight.

We do hope that we have the opportunity to serve you in the future as we value and appreciate your business.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Essington
La Quinta Inn & Suites Philadelphia Airport
Hampton Inn Philadelphia-International Airport
Renaissance Philadelphia Airport Hotel
The Clarion Hotel and Conference Center
Embassy Suites by Hilton Philadelphia Airport
aloft Philadelphia Airport
aloft Philadelphia Airport
#56 of 85 in Philadelphia

Been to Wyndham Garden Philadelphia Airport? Share your experiences!