“Great stay overnight”

Wyndham Garden Philadelphia Airport
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Essington
Reviewed 18 September 2013

We had a comfortable, quiet room with fine bedding and other amenities. We appreciated the dinner at the hotel and the staff. We left our car for two weeks while on a trip abroad, and it was just as we had left it when we returned. We would recommend this to anyone flying from the Philadelphia airport. The hotel shuttle made it so easy. Thank you!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Wyndham Garden Philadelphia Airport

996 - 1,002 of 1,544 reviews

Reviewed 18 September 2013

Overall a decent place to spend the night. But they need to find less fragrant cleaning products. Convenient to airport.

Reviewed 17 September 2013

Weather night at Philadelphia airport and distressed passengers were given rooms and those who had reservations a week prior were given ground floor rooms. Having a Wyndam rewards didn't matter.

Reviewed 17 September 2013

Thank Patricia L. Z
Reviewed 13 September 2013

I first stayed at the Wyndham Garden in Essington over two years ago and my expectations were exceeded. The rooms are extremely comfortable, have refrigerator, Wolf Gang Puck Coffee and Teas with brewer, flat screen TV's, and in room safes. In the summer, there is a pool for the use of guests. The stay, park, and fly can be used either on the front end or back and the price point is competitive for a hotel with these amenities.

Unfortunately, the general consensus of people that I travel with as well as airline personnel is a continued breakdown in service at the hotel. Consistent failures to send a shuttle requiring a second and even third phone call because the front desk is overwhelmed and forgets to contact the shuttle.

I had decided that I would use my Wyndham rewards points for this hotel until I depleted my account and then start staying elsewhere. Check in times have been unacceptable and nobody wants to take responsibility for the breakdown in communication.

On this last stay, I requested a late check out of 2 pm which was granted by one of the managers who was at the desk at the time. He informed the front desk agent to code the account and once again it was not done and at 12:04 pm, housekeeping was knocking on my door asking why I had not left the room. I informed them that I had arranged a late check out with mgmt. for 2:00 pm and requested that I not be disturbed as with the ongoing medical issues I have and the medications that I am on, I require rest before being able to drive. You would think that after that interruption, I would not be disturbed again, but at 12:40 pm, I received a phone call from the housekeeping supervisor asking when I was checking out. It is if there is absolutely no communication between personnel and that is an extreme disappointment.

Due to weather issues, I chose to extend my stay. Again, I arranged a late check out, this time for three. I spoke to two separate managers regarding this, addressed my concerns about the lack of communication between the front desk and housekeeping and was assured that I would not be disturbed. At 1:30 pm, the front desk calls and asks when I will be checking out.

Despite management changes, things don't seem to change. The new ownership of the property, this was formally a Holiday Inn Express that always had full occupancy, wants to sell rooms at a revenue rate comparable to hotels with the same amenities for a rack rate of $139 but fails miserably in providing the service to earn that rate.

They have been working on the restaurant at the front of the property for over a year with no serious accomplishments with excuses ranging from contractors to building codes. While the restaurant is open, the food quality is less than acceptable and your only local choices become Denny's or the Diner.

The Wyndham Garden could excel but when the same issues continue to arise over and over and even airline personnel are vocal in their opinion that they would rather stay elsewhere, that should be a warning as their rooms are comped by the airline.

Until changes are made, I will stay at the Comfort Inn next door where service goes above and beyond each and every time and if there is an issue, management takes a proactive approach correcting the situation without having to be asked. Breakfast is also complimentary.

Room Tip: As the hotels border on the highway, so don't expect there to be quiet rooms. The entire hotel...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank thepepperman
Reviewed 12 September 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 September 2013

We did a "reverse park and fly". We dropped our car off, caught the shuttle to the airport and came back 10 days later to stay for an evening. The driver was friendly, staff at the front desk was helpful and the restaurant was great!

Not to mention the room was great! The bed was comfortable and the water pressure was strong.

Will definitely stay again!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts
Also consider these accommodations in or near Essington
La Quinta Inn & Suites Philadelphia Airport
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Philadelphia Airport Ridley
Renaissance Philadelphia Airport Hotel
The Clarion Hotel and Conference Center
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Philadelphia Airport
Hampton Inn Philadelphia-International Airport

Been to Wyndham Garden Philadelphia Airport? Share your experiences!