“Awesome Stay.....Shari O....”

Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Essington
Pylesville, Maryland
“Awesome Stay.....Shari O....”
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Received prompt shuttle service from PHL airport to hotel at 1:30 am. Hotel is close to airport. Night hotel desk personnel, Angela Th...., is awesome! I appreciate her professional attitude as she pointed out a billing over charge that she quickly addressed. Later, around 2:30 am, I called the front desk desperately looking for my missing car keys. Angela, quick to advise, said the keys were at the front desk. I promptly went to the front desk to retrieve as she greeted me with a smile. I gave her a hug. My room was clean and everything worked!! I would highly recommend.

Room Tip: My stay was on the 4th floor towards the end of a hall....
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
Bangor, Maine
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Some friends and I booked this hotel through Priceline, and after getting it immediately checked out the TripAdvisor reviews, needless to say they were so all over the place that I didn't know what to think about this hotel. Here's the most objective review I can write to help anyone considering staying here:

After booking two rooms we called the front desk to ensure we had rooms with two double beds, and requested the rooms to be on the same floor. We confirmed that parking was free (as some reviews said that it wasn't if you booked through third party sites). We checked in at around 1:30AM with no problems. Parking was easy, the lot was very well lit, and it was indeed free. The woman checking us in was very friendly and efficient, and made a great first impression. The rooms we were checked into were right across the hall from each other as requested.

The AC in the hotel room was off when we checked in (it was 90 degrees out that day) it caused the room to be very humid and smell a little gross. The AC never properly worked for more than an hour. The next morning I walked to the front desk to see if someone could fix it, and by the time I got back to the room (maybe 2 minutes) someone was already there with my boyfriend. He gave us his name, and told us if we had any problems again to call the front desk and request to switch rooms. During the day the AC stopped working, so we called and asked to be switched. The room switch was painless and quick. The AC was on in the new room and it smelled much better. The front desk apologized many times, and even gave us a $30 voucher to the restaurant for the trouble (we never had time to go to the restaurant). We only had two issues with the room switch: 1, our keys were randomly deactivated the 3rd night. 2, upon check out they gave my boyfriend a receipt for a $100 incidentals deposit. When I looked over the receipt I realized it was for the person who stayed in the room before we did; it had their full name and all of their contact information on it.

The rooms themselves were not the cleanest they could have been. The beds were borderline uncomfortable due to how firm they were. The first room we checked into, the second room, and our friends' room all had the same issues. There was mold along the caulking in the bath tubs. There was dust and grime build up in the rooms on various surfaces (floors, TV stands, desks, etc.). Our friends found an old chocolate chip cookie and a half used water bottle in their room. The tops of the ACs were covered in dust. There was wallpaper in very obvious spots peeling off of the walls. Overall all three rooms we spent any time in looked as though the housekeeping was really slacking. Which blows my mind because we had the do not disturb sign on the door at one point, and one of the housekeepers walked in while I was in the shower. Thankfully my boyfriend was standing close to the door and when the gentleman asked if we wanted our room cleaned, my boyfriend replied that we had the do not disturb sign up, the man then looked at the door to confirm the sign was up and apologized. But I couldn't believe he just came right into our room. The cleanliness never made me feel unsafe or incredibly grossed out, but I would expect more from any hotel. We had no issues accessing or using the WiFi. The TVs in each of the 3 rooms appeared to have every channel. There was ample toilet paper and towels in each room. Each room features a refrigerator and a safe which were nice to have.

The location, in my opinion, was great. It was incredibly easy for us to do things like the King of Prussia mall, a Phillies game, pick a friend up from the airport, etc. It isn't near many restaurants, although it does literally share a parking lot with a Denny's which is nice. There is also a Wawa Food Market right down the street which was very convenient. The hotel also has a nice sized outdoor heated pool that was clean and relaxing.

Through Priceline we managed to snag this hotel for just around $77 a night which is a great deal for the location. It wasn't clean or overly inviting, but the staff was great and I felt safe staying here. Would I stay here again? It depends if we were able to get the reduced rate, though I would make a serious effort to look for other hotels in the area for a similar price or even pay more to stay in a better hotel before booking here.

Room Tip: Call in advance to confirm your reservations and bed preference or to make any special requests (ie...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Kristin207
Arlington, Texas
Reviewed 27 July 2014

This hotel was adequate but not someplace that I would stay again. It is not convenient to anything except the airport. The rooms were somewhat clean except for the mildew on the shower curtain. The carpet seemed fairly new in the rooms but the halls were dirty and stained.
The bathroom counter was tiny. The bed was okay but not the best. The Wi-Fi was terribly slow, if you could get a connection! The shuttle to the airport was convenient and timely. We did not eat in the hotel restaurant and found very few places to eat the area. We had one bad experience with a diner that was close by. We did eat twice at an Italian restaurant that has been serving in Essington for 60 years, it was delicious!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Essington hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Essington
La Quinta Inn & Suites Philadelphia Airport
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Philadelphia Airport Ridley
The Clarion Hotel and Conference Center
Renaissance Philadelphia Airport Hotel
Hampton Inn Philadelphia-International Airport
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Philadelphia Airport

Been to Wyndham Garden Philadelphia Airport? Share your experiences!