“Great Pre-flight location”

Wyndham Garden Philadelphia Airport
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Essington
Reviewed 7 August 2014

We like to use the Wyndham Garden hotel in Essington before our flights out of Philadlephia airport. We typically have very early flights and like to be close to the airport the night before. They offer park & fly to leave your car there and a shuttle to and from the airport. Tthe rooms are clean and comfortable and the staff was friendly. Previously we just came down to the lobby in the morning for the shuttle, but this time we had to sign-up the upon check in. The early shuttles were very full and not everyone was getting the time they desired. Then there was a lot of confusion in the morning when the shuttle was ready to load because some hadn't signed up and others were trying to get on at a different time than what they sere signed up for. So, definitely sign-up for the shuttle at check-in and make sure to get to the lobby early for your departure.

There are newer reviews for Wyndham Garden Philadelphia Airport

Reviewed 7 August 2014

I stayed here on a comp from Harrah's in Chester. After Harrah's paid for my stay, the Wyndham charged my credit card $118.84. That wouldn't have been the price if I had to pay for the room myself, so I have no idea where they even got that price! When I saw the charge on my credit card, I called the Wyndham. I spoke to someone at the front desk. She insisted I owed the money. I asked to speak to a manager - she sent me to voicemail. I called back - same thing - she forwarded me to voicemail. I called back, got someone else and it got straightened out, but, had I not checked my credit card statement, the Wyndham would have gotten paid twice. I will NEVER stay there again. I suggest you check your credit card if you do stay there.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

I was comped three nights by Harrah's. Luckily, I checked my credit card because the Wyndham charged my card $118.81 after Harrah's paid for all three nights. I won't be staying here again! I called and it was finally straightened out on the third call.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

I've stayed here twice, for a total of 10 nights and I won't stay there again. The front desk staff is not very friendly and they always seem overwhelmed by something whenever I check in or need to go to the front desk, even if no one is there. If you look down in the lobby, the floor could use a good scrub. The hallways are a little creepy and the carpet is stained. The rooms are sort of disgusting. There are stains on the walls. There was a stain on the underside of my comforter that looked like urine. The lamps are furry with dust, if you look down into any one of them. There were sequins, nail clippings, and an open safety pin on the floor. I have never had a full set of towels during my whole stay, which includes the illusive bath mat that showed up on one occasion. There is very little space to keep anything near the sink and only one hook on the back of the door to hang a towel, which already has the hair dryer on it. The bed is incredibly cheap. I feel like I got into a bar fight in the morning when I wake up and my ribs hurt if I sleep on my side. The curtains are hung perfectly to leave a gap at the end to let in the first light of the morning. The air conditioner is on a motion sensor, so I often wake up sweating. The "professional" gym, as their website calls it, has a couple treadmills that don't keep consistent speed, a bike, and a couple mismatched 10 pound dumbbells. The smoke alarm went off at 1am one night, which woke me up, but took me a while to realize what it was because it originates from the hallway and isn't very loud. I would expect at least a continental breakfast at this price, but nothing.

On the plus side, all the tv channels are HD and the internet is fast enough to surf and watch Netflix on most nights.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Jerry L, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Philadelphia Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2014

Dear ILiveOutofaSuitcase,
We appreciate your feedback in regards to your stay with us. We are truly sorry to hear the service and cleanliness you observed was substandard. Service and cleanliness is a core focus of the Wyndham Garden, and is certainly something we strive to provide in a manner that exceeds expectations. As the new General Manager I can assure you that we are constantly working with staff on their cleanliness levels. We look forward to welcoming you back and demonstrating a much better customer service experience. Jerry Lord

Reviewed 3 August 2014

Stayed for a weekend trip visiting with some friends. Hotel was clean, staff friendly. Very enjoyable stay. The hotel is conveniently located near Old City Philadelphia but a car would be needed for transportation. Hotel does have a shuttle but I did not need it so I don't know what areas they bring their guests.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts
Also consider these accommodations in or near Essington
La Quinta Inn & Suites Philadelphia Airport
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Philadelphia Airport Ridley
Renaissance Philadelphia Airport Hotel
The Clarion Hotel and Conference Center
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Philadelphia Airport
Hampton Inn Philadelphia-International Airport

Been to Wyndham Garden Philadelphia Airport? Share your experiences!