“Conceniencee On The River”

Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia Airport
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Essington
Louisville, Kentucky
“Conceniencee On The River”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

The Holiday Inn Express is just a fantastic hotel. Located just minutes from the airport, and close to the exciting entertainment and delicious restaurants at Harrah's Philadelphia Casino and Racetrack, this property still manages to keep you close to the attractions of downtown Philadelphia. When someone says that location is everything, then the Holiday Inn Express has you covered! Right on the Delaware River and next door to the marina, the scenery is gorgeous!

For airline travelers, this hotel offers a courtesy shuttle to get you rested and ready for the complimentary breakfast in the morning, before you start your day sightseeing or attending business meetings. With free parking, this can also really provide a huge savings!

The rooms are all decorated with a modern twist, and they offer amenities like a super soft bed and free internet. Many rooms also offer a beautiful water view.

With on-site business and fitness centers, this property offers everything that you may need to make your stay convenient.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Newark, New Jersey
Reviewed 27 July 2014

I recently stayed at this hotel after my flight was canceled. I was given my little pink slip and was told this hotel was were I was supposed to go. The lady at United told me she made a reservation at the holiday inn express. When I got there at around 11pm of course no reservation existed and come to find out the airline sent me to the wrong hotel my reservation was for the one near the stadium. There were two people behind the desk a guy and a girl who helped me get my reservation switched to the one by the airport. It was a lot of cancelations that night and there was a line to the door trying to get rooms. I could only imagine the pressure those two were under with all these people waiting, me holding up the line and the phone seemed to never stop ringing. On top of that while the lady was helping me the guy was dealing a woman with an obvious language barrier. I learned I needed to upgrade my phone. The guy behind the counter whipped his cell phone out and his cell phone began talking to her in her language which I thought was amazing. Needless to say I got my room. I read some of the complaints about this hotel and through my personal experience found them not to be true. For 1 who gets married at a Holiday Inn express by the airport for crying out loud. I've been married 3 times and it's nothing you can do to make a bride happy on her wedding day. Anyway I definitely would stay here if was every this way again. Staff goes above and beyond .

• Stayed July 2014
3 Thank crazyki
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We blocked off some rooms for our wedding and all seemed to have gone well and I told them that my husband and I would be checking in late. We reserved a King Bed and dropped off bags of snacks and water for all of us staying there later.

When checking the guy working the front was totally rude and it was obvious we just got married since I was standing there in my gown and my husband in his tux. He said "you're only just checking in now".. ummm well we were kind of busy today. They never gave us our gift bag, and when we got to our room they put us in a room with 2 double beds, not exactly what you pictured for a romantic wedding night. We were so exhausted and just wanted to shower so we just dealt with it.

Come to find out, on top of all of that, they charged us twice for our room (2 different rates) and when my husband told them what all had happened they didn't seem to care much. Still waiting to see when we get our credit. He told them that we will never return there and definitely wouldn't recommend it to anyone else and that we planned to put this online and they said "ok".

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Anea Z
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia Airport, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Dear Anea Z,

Connie D
New Castle, Indiana
Reviewed 20 July 2014

My elderly father and I stayed here during a trip to Philadelphia over the Labor Day holiday and the following week in 2013. Except for Aisha, who was TERRIFIC, the front desk staff all seemed to have "attitudes". Except for the blonde housekeeper on the 4th floor, who did a WONDERFUL job cleaning our room, the other housekeepers who cleaned our room seemed to omit at least one item every time they cleaned our room, be it toiletries or linens or emptying all of the wastebaskets. The young man whose name (I think) is Jeff (or is it Scott?), blondish hair/moustache, and who was one of the hotel managers (going by the information posted on the hotel walls by the front desk) was very nice and helpful to me and my elderly father, who uses a wheelchair, whenever he saw us entering or leaving the elevator. The woman who runs the breakfast room does a wonderful job and is very nice, as was the man who ran the breakfast room one day when she was not there. The free breakfast was very good. I did not realize the airport noise was so bad. None of the hotel reviews I read mentioned the noise to be a problem. Had I known, I probably would've chosen a different hotel closer to Philly and further from the airport. But, to be fair, the location of this hotel is very convenient to I-95 and the attractions in Philly itself. The wifi did not always work as well as one might hope, either!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia Airport, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Dear irishslider,

Thank you for your feedback. We are delighted to read your kind words regarding some of our staff. We give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us improve, and continually provide the best guest experience possible. We are sorry your stay was negatively affected by the noise level from the airport and the poor internet service during your stay. Your feedback is of great importance to us and allows us to monitor and improve our product and service continually.

Thank you for staying with us and we hope that we can better serve you next time.

Connie D
Auburn, Georgia
Reviewed 15 July 2014

This hotel was okay. Nothing really to write home about. I am usually not one to complain, but this time, I feel compelled to do so. Having stayed at another Holiday Inn the night before, this one pales in comparison. When we arrived, the front desk clerk was not mean or anything, but she was not welcoming at all. I kind of felt that we were imposing on her time. Nice way to start this leg of our trip.

The room was average. It could have been cleaner, but it was not so bad that we couldn't stay in it.

The next morning, my husband and I went out for a couple of hours and when we returned, our keys did not work!. We were scheduled to be there for 3 days (in fact we pre-paid the entire stay). A different front-desk clerk (much friendlier than the lady the night before) tried to re-activate our key, but couldn't. I believe she may have been new, so I don't hold that against her. The manager advised her on what to do, but she missed a couple of steps, so she (the mgr) got impatient and very short with her. Judging from her actions, it made the young lady nervous, and made my husband and me uncomfortable. I thought it was a little unprofessional. In any event, they finally got our keys working.

We noticed that we didn't have a "Do Not Disturb" tag in the room. We asked that same desk clerk for one and she unknowingly gave us a "Room Closed for Maintenance" tag instead. I took the tag back to her and pointed out that it was the wrong thing. She nervously searched for several minutes the right one, without success. As I was standing at the desk, a housekeeping staff member walked nearby. I asked him for the tag and he got one in no time flat. While I understand that she may have been new, it just made logical sense for her to call housekeeping if she couldn't find one. Had the man not walked by, I might still be waiting. Lol.

The complimentary breakfast was good. The person tending to dining area was friendly and helpful.

I must also say that our room was much cleaner during the rest of our stay, and the housekeeping staff was great.

The location of the hotel was good for places we needed to get to. However, if you want to be near shopping, restaurants, visitor attractions, you have to drive a ways to get to those things.

Whenever we travel to Philly again, it is unlikely that we will stay here.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia Airport, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Dear MArrington,

Thank you for staying with us and providing us with your valuable feedback. It is wonderful to know you appreciate the the breakfast. We are sorry to hear that we failed to meet your expectations with the service you received and your room accommodations. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Thank you again for your review and have a wonderful day!

Karen C
Cancun, Mexico
Reviewed 4 July 2014

We spent a night in this hotel due to a layover. The hotel has a good location, the shuttle service to the airport is really good, some of the employees give good service, however, the room cleaning and halls cleaning is awful, all the carpets were stained and worn, we found hair in our sheets and bathroom. Cleaning is very important for me, that's why I only rate it with 3

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank NuriaTW
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia Airport, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Dear NuriaTW,

Thank you for taking the time to relay your comments regarding our property during your recent stay. I am happy to know that our location worked best for your needs. However, I am sorry for any inconvenience the housekeeping services may have caused you. I have taken note of your comments and we will address these points to improve our service.

Again, thank you for your time and we hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Best Regards,

John O
Port Vincent
Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

I came to Philly on a Startup of Eddystone rail terminal we stay at the hotel for one month and it's probably the best customer service I've ever had I used to work at the Embassy and this Hotels customer service far exceeds anything that I've ever seen the owner had a great attitude as well as a front desk agents the shuttle to the airport was very helpful along with random trips to small restaurants. Housekeeping was even able to wash and fold my clothes so I can make my flight in time. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. And its minutes away from the city and the airport.

CK

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Essington
Wyndham Garden Philadelphia Airport
La Quinta Inn & Suites Philadelphia Airport
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Philadelphia Airport Ridley
Renaissance Philadelphia Airport Hotel
Hampton Inn Philadelphia-International Airport
Red Roof PLUS+ Philadelphia Airport

Been to Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia Airport? Share your experiences!