Clarion Hotel Philadelphia International Airport
US$159
US$147
Renaissance Hotels
  • Pool
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 October 2012

Stayed here after a late football game in Philly, with a small group (3 rooms) and it was a welcome location.

The young lady who checked us in was pleasant, even while having to field a flurry of phone calls while helping our group. We ate breakfast here the next morning, and the staff here was also friendly, patient, and helpful.

When I checked in, I asked for a double-double, and the desk person said that ALL of the rooms are double-doubles. I still don't know if she meant that all of the rooms in our group, or all of the rooms in the hotel, but I know that we all had the same 2-double style of room.

The condition of the property is a little questionable. It is definitely past its prime, and there isn't a lot of attention to detail in terms of cleanliness and upkeep. It looks impressive at first blush, but if you look closer, you'll see that it's just window dressing. The place is a bit dumpy and could certainly use a proper renovation. I never felt unsafe, or anything like that...it just wasn't quite as nice as I had hoped.

Our room was adequate...until my wife flushed the toilet. For no understandable reason, it overflowed. We called the desk, and they quickly sent up a guy with a key for another room. He didn't offer to help move all of our stuff, and there wasn't any kind of regret in his attitude...but it was late, and we were just glad to move to a room where everything worked.

I suppose I can't complain TOO much, because I got a decent price here via p-line. For what I paid, it was definitely okay. I think next time I'll throw a few more bucks on my bid, hoping to avoid this hotel. But if I have to stay here again, I won't be too upset.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
Audrey G, Director of Sales at Clarion Hotel Philadelphia International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2012

Thank you for your feedback. Our renovation will be complete this year and I would welcome the opportunity to have you back to see all of the changes. Please contact me when you will be back in the area. We want you to be happy to stay here again.

Reviewed 29 September 2012

I asked for a mini fridge and it arrived just minutes later. Very fast service. The only problem was that the bathroom floor had not been cleaned thoroughly before I checked in. Overall, it was a very good experience.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Thanks you so much for your feedback! We would be delighted to help you with any needs you may have in the future.
I will also address your housekeeping issue with the Director.

Reviewed 27 September 2012

I would only stay there out of absolute necessity, the staff was friendly, courteous, and professional, however the building should probably be knocked down. The building should take your mind off the fact that it is located in a crappy area, not remind you of it when your inside. And if the property ever gets a new building, hopefully they develop the back of the hotel so it doesn't resemble an industrial waste dump site.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Ramada
1  Thank DANIEL G
Reviewed 26 September 2012

The staff at this hotel was excellent - the new Chef was personable, open to comments and the food was very well done and presentation was above average. The hotel is under renovation but it wasn't being done discretely and was never an issue. I would definitely go there agina.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Audrey G, Director of Sales at Clarion Hotel Philadelphia International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2012

Thank you for your feedback, Our staff enjoys hearing when they have done a good job and I will make sure to pass this on to them.
We hope you will be back in the future. If there is anything I can ever assist you with, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed 26 September 2012 via mobile

We kept being told that the hotel is being renovated by Clarion. Great but we're staying here NOW was my thought. Spending the weekend at the hotel for a conference I can say that staff was helpful, flexible, and even created a wonderful soup and salad bar at the last minute for our group for lunch. The lobby was beautiful, the beds were very comfortable, and room service was extremely prompt. Avoid the bacon for breakfast though. Rooms and decor and the elevators show their age but this is a great spot if you need a place to stay for an early flight. We had a 9 hour drive before we arrived and the room was a welcome respite at the end of our day. I'd recommend especially if the place gets the upgrade they promised. The only real disappointment was that the heated pool was outdoors and closed for the season.

• Stayed: September 2012

Thank you so much for your feedback. I will happily pass this on to our staff.
It was a pleasure having your group here this weekend and we hope you will return in 4 years. All of the guests enjoyed the singing all weekend long.