“Disappointed”

Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Essington
Florida
“Disappointed”
Reviewed 22 January 2014

I gave it three stars because of the good staff in the restaurant,and most of the front desk. Otherwise the hotel needs some repairs and upgrading. There are a couple at front desk who never make eye contact and don't smile, so didn't feel very welcome. My first room was needing a vacuum under the bed and around the table litter with some dried food. So the kind night supervisor Oreta came immediately up to see the issue, and changed my room. She was not there the next day , but after being in it two nights, couldn't sleep with the heat going on and off and very loud fan. Even when shut down, it recycles somehow with even cooler air. The bath ceiling needed to be replaced since it was filled with water stains which reported when checked out. And the elevators never seemed to be spotless, especially the middle one, where they would vacuum, but never get the edges or the corners. They need to look at things the way one sees it when first checking in. Also, showers were a problem with no hot water. It seemed to be cool to tepid.

Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank roseanne124
Jason B, General Manager at The Clarion Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, 20 March 2014
Dear roseanne124,

Thank you for choosing the Clarion Hotel Philadelphia Airport for your recent stay. We greatly appreciate all of your feedback about your experience. I would like to apologize for your inconvenience during your stay and I am glad some of our staff members assisted you to make your stay better. The next time your are visiting Philadelphia, please contact me directly to assist you with a room and another chance to show you we are a great hotel.

With so many choices here at the Philadelphia International Airport, we greatly appreciate your business and look forward to welcoming you back!

610-521-9600

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Lewes, Delaware
Reviewed 22 January 2014 via mobile

This is a busy hotel that accomodates many people. Coming and going from the airport... I was visiting with family to see Philly for the first time. Upon check in Darryl was very personable and pleasant. Put a smile on everyone's face and shared a few laughs as well he went above and beyond for us with requests and does an excellent job for your property!!! This was a lovely stay. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Dear Beach_Momma2014,

Thank you for choosing the Clarion Hotel Philadelphia Airport for your recent stay. We greatly appreciate all of your positive feedback about your stay. Especially, your great comments about Darryl, who always goes above and beyond to satisfy our guests.

With so many choices here at the Philadelphia International Airport, we greatly appreciate your business and look forward to welcoming you back soon!

La Crosse, Wisconsin
Reviewed 8 January 2014

I stayed here for 3 nights. I had issues before I even arrived, as there were some problems with my online reservation and called multiple times, only to be transferred to voice mails who did not call me back. The gentleman who checked me in was very pleasant, but that was the last pleasant encounter I had with hotel staff. One morning there was no hot water, when I reported to the front desk clerk, was gruffly dismissed with "there's been an issue, we're working on it". No offer to make it right. No apology. I also had a box that was supposed to arrive via the mail...it never did, and the front desk worker who I asked about that could not have been less helpful, in fact, was rude and downright offensive. I understand she doesn't run the post office, but she was really horrid. There was a card in my room that said if I wasn't happy with the service to report it to the front desk, but since my interactions with the front desk were so miserable, I was really afraid to even bring anything up. I know it was busy, but it was busy with paying customers. If you don't have enough staff, either fill less rooms or have more help. Also, room was reasonably clean, but lamp was broken and there were watermarks on the ceiling. Beds were hard. Airport pickup service was slow, but adequate. Restaurant was surprisingly good and reasonably priced.

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank Jill572011
Dear Jill572011,

Thank you for choosing the Clarion Hotel Philadelphia Airport for your recent stay. We greatly appreciate all of your feedback about your stay. I was disappointed to see all of your challenges during your stay. I would like to apologize for your inconvenience and would like to personally discuss these challenges with you. Please feel free to contact me at 610-521-9600.

With so many choices here at the Philadelphia International Airport, we greatly appreciate your business and I look forward to hearing from you and hopefully you can give us another opportunity to change your mind.

Niagara Falls, Canada
Reviewed 4 January 2014

I would like to thank all the staff for making our new years eve a wonderful evening. We are already making plans to attend next year. The food was excellent and the music was wonderful.
Our room was very clean and we found the hotel lobby very attractive. Thank you Clarion.

Room Tip: suites facing the front of the hotel are large and sunny
Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Talia D
Dear Talia D,

With so many choices here at the Philadelphia International Airport, we greatly appreciate your business and look forward to welcoming you back again!

Chester Springs, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 1 January 2014

The Clarion Hotel did a fantastic job hosting a New Year's Eve celebration! I am not a fan of going out for New Year's Eve because most places are over crowded and the service is usually poor. This year we ventured out for a New Year's Eve package with an overnight stay at the Clarion Hotel and it was awesome! The staff was incredible, the 4 course surf and turf meal was delicious, the live band was fantastic, the 5 hour open bar was great!!! The room was very nice and the bed was extremely comfortable! If you are looking for a great deal on a New Year's Eve package, I would highly recommend the Clarion Hotel in Essington!!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Kathy B,

Thank you for choosing the Clarion Hotel Philadelphia Airport to enjoy our New Year's Eve Celebration Package. We greatly appreciate all of your positive feedback about your stay and experience at our New Year's Eve Celebration. It really is a great and safe way to celebrate the New Year at a very reasonable price for everything that you get. The greatest compliment any company can ask for is positive recommendations from guests like you, so we say, "THANK YOU"!

Eagleville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 17 December 2013

We usually use Wally Park which is top notch but I went cheap and used a Groupon. $15 for 3 days of parking is a great deal. Dropping off our car was fine. A van picked us up in a minute or two. The van driver was nice. Coming home was a totally different story. If you are coming into gates A/B/C at Philly you will probably be OK, but if the van is fill you need to wait till the next one. So we waited out in the cold probably 20 minutes until the next van arrived. The driver was less than helpful with the bags. The parking lot was plowed but the spaces were not so it was slippery.

To sum it up,m you get what you pay for.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Marc19002
Dear Marc19002,

I would like to thank you for choosing our Park&JET facility located at the Clarion Hotel & Conference Center for your airport parking. We appreciate your positive comments and we are glad you enjoyed your experience at our Park&JET location.

We are the ONLY hotel and secured parking lot combination at the Philadelphia International Airport that can offer a true 100% Secured Park, Sleep & Fly Package before you travel to your final destination. To book one of our very affordable 100% Secured Park, Sleep & Fly Packages, please contact the hotel directly at 610-521-9600.

Clermont, Florida
Reviewed 16 December 2013 via mobile

So my flight was delayed to a crew issue and the airline put me up here on their dime. The lobby looked promising. The good news is the room itself was clean meaning the sheets and towels were pretty spotless. But here's the bad news: The carpet in the hallways needed vacuuming as their were bits of paper and such all over. The drink vending machine was empty. The room wall had recently been patched and the spackle was evident. The heater kicked on every 10-15 minutes making a loud racket making sleeping difficult. Then to top it off, since I was there due to a flight issue, they offered a wake up call so I could catch the 4:30am shuttle and they never called. I woke up on my own at 4:45. I did end up making my flight but no thanks to them. I am not sure if I would choose to stay here.

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank ecs44
Dear ecs44,

Thank you for staying at the Clarion Hotel Philadelphia Airport for your recent stay. We greatly appreciate all of your feedback about your stay. We have had our carpets in the corridors professionally cleaned since your visit, thank you pointing that out to us. I would like to apologize for your inconvenience during your stay and have addressed the missed wake-up call with our front desk staff to make sure all calls are properly placed in the system with a manual back-up plan.

With so many choices here at the Philadelphia International Airport, we greatly appreciate your business and look forward to welcoming you back if you are ever in the Philadelphia area!

Jason Bloom
Also consider these accommodations in or near Essington
Wyndham Garden Philadelphia Airport
La Quinta Inn & Suites Philadelphia Airport
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Philadelphia Airport Ridley
Renaissance Philadelphia Airport Hotel
Red Roof PLUS+ Philadelphia Airport
SpringHill Suites Philadelphia Airport/Ridley Park

Been to The Clarion Hotel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!