“OK for flight cancellation stay”

The Clarion Hotel and Conference Center
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Essington
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“OK for flight cancellation stay”
Reviewed 2 February 2014 via mobile

Having been stuck in Philadelphia after a flight cancellation, United offered 2 hotels at discount and this was the best value.
We waited about 25 mins for the shuttle after being turned off the first one that stopped and only had room for one passenger (oddly enough there were no standing passengers whereas we had to stand on the next one!)
Reception was busy but check in was relatively quick despite all the staff taking calls while registering us which was less than perfect, but we got to rooms pretty quickly.
I didn't sleep really well, I could hear a low hum from a compressor all night which forced use of earplugs.
Breakfast was good, great service and not too bad value.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank smarob
Jason B, General Manager at The Clarion Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, 20 March 2014
Dear smarob,

Thank you for staying at the Clarion Hotel Philadelphia Airport during your flight cancellation. We greatly appreciate all of your feedback about your experience. I apologize for the inconvenience that you had during your stay. We have addressed the PTAC Heating/Cooling Unit with our maintenance staff to have it repaired. If you would have informed our front desk during your stay we could have easily moved your room.

With so many choices here at the Philadelphia International Airport, we greatly appreciate your business and look forward to welcoming you back if you are ever in the Philadelphia area!

Jason Bloom

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Mexico
Reviewed 1 February 2014

I got stranded in Philadelphia and United issued a one-night stay voucher for this hotel. The shutlle they share with a long-term airport parking took one hour to pick me at the terminal (I had to call three times.
The hotel's front desk staff refused to the late check-out United had asked for me, saying very bluntly upon check-in that they would charge 30 dlls per hour after 1:00 p.m.
I was told the restaurant was open until midnight. When I went there at 11:30 the kitchen was closed.
There even was a bug in my bed! The next day I ordered some pancakes that turned out to be totally unedible. After waiting for 15 minutes tho have the check, I had to call out loud for the waiters AND the manager, who were chatting at the adjoining bar. (I have to give them credit for not charging for the pancakes) All in all, a very disappointing experience.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank FredNytters
Dear FredNytters,

I would like to thank you for choosing the Clarion Hotel & Conference Center due to your airline delay. We appreciate your comments and I apologize for the inconvenience that you experienced during your stay. I have reviewed your comments about our shuttle transportation and food & beverage with those managers so we can address with our staff.

If you are ever in Philadelphia, please contact me directly to assist you with a room reservation and I will guarantee you will have a much better experience. With so many choices here at the Philadelphia International Airport, we greatly appreciate your business and look forward to welcoming you back!

Dallas, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 30 January 2014

The moment you walk into the hotel, you are greeted with very welcoming hosts at the desk. The hotel staf is very accomodating and ensure you have everything you need. The rooms are CLEAN and beds are comfortable. The resturant offers a nice variety on the menu and the portions are more than adequate. I highly recommend this hotel over all the the others in the area.

Dear AFATraveler,

Thank you for choosing the Clarion Hotel Philadelphia Airport for your recent stay. We greatly appreciate all of your positive feedback about your experience. Your kind words about our hotel and staff means the world to us!

With so many choices here at the Philadelphia International Airport, we greatly appreciate your business and look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Brookhaven, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 29 January 2014

I often travel to this area and have tried many hotels in the area but none compare to this hotel. The overall experience was wonderful along with the staff who just could not fo enough for you. The rooms were top notch and comfortable making it a very restful trip. The food was also excellent which is a big part for me keeping me in the hotel and not having to look elsewhere. I would highly recommend this hotel as being a traveler to many locations weekly it ranks top notch!

Dear Amazicon C,

Thank you for choosing the Clarion Hotel Philadelphia Airport for your recent stay. We greatly appreciate all of your positive feedback about your experience. Like you, we are very excited about all of the things our hotel has to offer, from top notch rooms to great dining in our Red Fire American Grill.

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 28 January 2014

I travel on business and plan my company meetings at the hotel. This location is perfect for us, as we have people traveling in from MA, NY, NJ and MD. The sales and hotel staff have always been very professional and accomodating. Our meeting rooms are always ready and set up per our needs. We stay at the hotel at-least 5-6 times a year and everyone looks forward to our company meetings here. The restaurant has accomodated our last minute plans for dining of 20 people plus on a few occasions.We are already booked for our next meeting in a few weeks. One of many in 2014. A special shout out to Dotty and Audrey from the sales staff for exceptional follow-up and service.

Dear Mario m,

Thank you for choosing the Clarion Hotel & Conference Center Philadelphia Airport for your recent stay and meetings. We greatly appreciate all of your positive feedback about your stay and some of your annual functions. Thank you for the "special shout out to Dotty and Audrey from the sales staff" who always go above and beyond for our guests.

With so many choices here at the Philadelphia International Airport, we greatly appreciate your business and look forward to welcoming you back again and again!

Florida
Reviewed 22 January 2014

I gave it three stars because of the good staff in the restaurant,and most of the front desk. Otherwise the hotel needs some repairs and upgrading. There are a couple at front desk who never make eye contact and don't smile, so didn't feel very welcome. My first room was needing a vacuum under the bed and around the table litter with some dried food. So the kind night supervisor Oreta came immediately up to see the issue, and changed my room. She was not there the next day , but after being in it two nights, couldn't sleep with the heat going on and off and very loud fan. Even when shut down, it recycles somehow with even cooler air. The bath ceiling needed to be replaced since it was filled with water stains which reported when checked out. And the elevators never seemed to be spotless, especially the middle one, where they would vacuum, but never get the edges or the corners. They need to look at things the way one sees it when first checking in. Also, showers were a problem with no hot water. It seemed to be cool to tepid.

Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank roseanne124
Dear roseanne124,

Thank you for choosing the Clarion Hotel Philadelphia Airport for your recent stay. We greatly appreciate all of your feedback about your experience. I would like to apologize for your inconvenience during your stay and I am glad some of our staff members assisted you to make your stay better. The next time your are visiting Philadelphia, please contact me directly to assist you with a room and another chance to show you we are a great hotel.

610-521-9600
Lewes, Delaware
Reviewed 22 January 2014 via mobile

This is a busy hotel that accomodates many people. Coming and going from the airport... I was visiting with family to see Philly for the first time. Upon check in Darryl was very personable and pleasant. Put a smile on everyone's face and shared a few laughs as well he went above and beyond for us with requests and does an excellent job for your property!!! This was a lovely stay. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Dear Beach_Momma2014,

Thank you for choosing the Clarion Hotel Philadelphia Airport for your recent stay. We greatly appreciate all of your positive feedback about your stay. Especially, your great comments about Darryl, who always goes above and beyond to satisfy our guests.

Jason Bloom
Also consider these accommodations in or near Essington
Wyndham Garden Philadelphia Airport
La Quinta Inn & Suites Philadelphia Airport
Renaissance Philadelphia Airport Hotel
Hampton Inn Philadelphia-International Airport
Embassy Suites by Hilton Philadelphia Airport
aloft Philadelphia Airport
aloft Philadelphia Airport
#55 of 85 in Philadelphia

Been to The Clarion Hotel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!