“Great stay”

The Clarion Hotel and Conference Center
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Essington
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Needed a room just for on night that was close to the Stadiums. This is a great location. Saves a lot of money over the overpriced places in the city. Room was very large and clean. WiFi was OK, easy to connect but sometimes the signal would just drop. Highly recommend staying here if you need a place to stay. The only complaint was the girl that checked me in was not friendly at all. Asked my name, checked me in and just gave me some keys. Didn't even point me in the direction of the elevator.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Jason B, General Manager at The Clarion Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Dear Nathan M,

I would like to thank you for choosing the Clarion Philadelphia Airport Hotel for your recent stay. We appreciate all of your comments and we are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I have reviewed your only negative comment with our Front Office Manager to make sure we address it immediately. I can assure you, that is not a typical issue with our front office, they are generally very friendly with all of our guests, so I apologize you did not experience that with one of our agents.

With so many choices here at the Philadelphia International Airport, we greatly appreciate your business and look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 30 April 2014

I recently parked at Park and Jet for one week, having purchased a deal on Groupon. A van followed me straight to the parking space where I left my car, and the driver took care of my luggage and took me and several other customers to our terminal. Upon return the only slight glitch in service was having to call twice. The first time it went to an automated answering system, but the second I listened to the entire message and took the option to contact the operator. One more phone transfer and I was connected with the right person. Five to seven minutes later the van picked me up and took me straight to my car, and from there the checkout and Groupon acceptance went seamlessly. I had read a couple of reviews where people had issues getting picked u at the airport and returned to the lot but I had no problem at all with this. The driver even drove slowly past the other two terminals to be sure nobody was waiting for a ride. All staff with whom I had any interaction were quite pleasant and professional. I will use them again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank HiYaDave

Dear witley33,

Thank you for choosing Park&JET at the Clarion Hotel Philadelphia Airport for your recent stay. We are glad that you enjoyed your parking experience with us!

KEEP IN MIND, if you are flying out early in the morning and do not want to fight traffic or wake-up late, the Clarion Hotel is the only hotel at the Philadelphia Airport that offers a 100% Secured Park, Sleep & Fly Packages! For your next trip, wake-up without any hassles, contact us at (610) 521-9600 to book your Park, Sleep and Fly Package!

With so many choices here at the Philadelphia International Airport, we greatly appreciate your business and look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Reviewed 29 April 2014

We travel extensively and we used to use another parking lot. Then I found a groupon for 7 days of parking. Needless to say this is the only lot we use now. Why pay $70-$80 for a week when you need only buy a groupon for $30. The shuttles are at your car before you are even parked most times.

I have parked here 3 times in the past year and never have I had a problem.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Voyager691

Dear Voyager691,

Thank you for choosing Park&JET at the Clarion Hotel Philadelphia Airport for your recent stay. We are glad that we exceeded your expectations and that you enjoyed your parking experience as well.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

I booked this hotel because I thought it had the "free park and jet" for a week if you book a room. When it was the Ramada that is what it did. . I even called the hotel directly and asked them if they did the "park and jet" and they said yes. I even specified that I wanted my car in the fenced in area and I was told yes that is what was included. Well, I get there and check-in and I ask them where the voucher for "park and jet" is and I was told that was not included, I could park in there unsecured lot, the hotel lot.
Needles to say, I parked in the secured "park and Jet" and paid.
And the room wasn't worth $149.

Room Tip: Choose somewhere else for a good room!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Keny5008

Dear Keny5008,

Thank you for choosing the Clarion Hotel Philadelphia Airport for your recent stay. We greatly appreciate all of your feedback about your experience. I would like to apologize for the mix-up about your Park and Fly Package. We do offer two different packages, one is an overnight stay with parking in our unsecured parking lot and the other offers secured parking at Park&JET. Your rate package included a one night stay and parking in our unsecured hotel lot.

We apologize for your inconvenience during your stay and the miscommunication with our staff members. The next time your are visiting Philadelphia, please contact me directly to assist you with a Park, Sleep & Fly Package and another chance to show you we are a great hotel.

KEEP IN MIND, if you are flying out early in the morning and do not want to fight traffic or wake-up late, the Clarion Hotel is the only hotel at the Philadelphia Airport that offers a 100% Secured Park, Sleep & Fly Packages! If you would like to save money, please inquire about our unsecured packages in the hotel parking lot. For your next trip, wake-up without any hassles, contact us at (610) 521-9600 to book your Park, Sleep and Fly Package!

610-521-9600

Reviewed 22 April 2014

Only used park and jet... Got great groupon rate. Secured parking a shuttle follows you while you park and picks you up. Short ride to airport. Shuttle then picks you up upon return...easy checkout. They even give you a little business card with your parking zone as a reminder. Will do again for sure!!!!!!!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear R M,

Reviewed 22 April 2014

I have stayed in several hotels near the airport and by far the Clarion has been what I consider to be the best. Great restaurant, Clean updated room. Wonderful front desk staff that makes my first impression of the place top notch. Transportation to and from the airport was also important to me and was the best. I will stay again. Maureen L

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear Maureen l,

Reviewed 18 April 2014

We stayed here 5 nights while in town for a college hockey tournament. My wife is a real stickler for cleanliness, and she was satisfied. Staff were friendly and helpful throughout our visit. They have convention facilities, so it's important to understand this when booking across a weekend. Standard rooms do not have refrigerator or microwave but you can book rooms that do have these extras, or you can rent them for $10/day each. There is a decent on-site restaurant and lounge, so no complimentary breakfast or coffee. The restaurant has a great soup/salad bar that can be had for $12 or so but is also included with full entrees. The lounge is small but accomodating (in an airport bar sort of way). Respectable selection of tap beers. Swimming pool is seasonal and wasn't open in early April. That was kind of a disappointment as it was a beautiful, warm weekend with temps near 80 degrees most days. Location is very close to the airport. We made it from the hotel to car rental and through TSA security in about 30min. My drive from the hotel to the aprking lot waiting line at the Welss Fargo Center was 10min. Central part of Philly is less than half an hour away. We enjoyed our stay and would stay again.

Room Tip: Because it's a convention hotel, if you are there across a weekend, ask to be on an upper floor...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear John F,

I would like to thank you for choosing the Clarion Philadelphia Airport Hotel for your recent stay for the college hockey tournament. We appreciate all of your comments and we are glad you enjoyed your stay with us.

Jason Bloom

Also consider these accommodations in or near Essington
La Quinta Inn & Suites Philadelphia Airport
Wyndham Garden Philadelphia Airport
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Philadelphia Airport Ridley
Red Roof PLUS+ Philadelphia Airport
Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia Airport
SpringHill Suites Philadelphia Airport/Ridley Park

Been to The Clarion Hotel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!