“Last resort, literally.”

Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Essington
Pensacola, fl
“Last resort, literally.”
Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

Flight was cancelled so airline put us here. No other hotels were available, unfortunately, or we would have stayed somewhere else. Shuttle was convenient. Hotel extremely dated. Door had large gaps and could see light coming from hallway. Beds were clean and comfortable. Dated dark green carpet in room. Noisy air conditioner unit would cut on and off. Shower had good pressure and hot water. Sink(s) plumbing configuration weird and neither the sink in the bathroom nor vanity area would drain properly. Advised front desk at checkout. Saw another reviewer had commented on the same issue. For one night it was ok but I wouldn't feel safe here if alone and wouldn't stay here again.

1 Thank Izzynalini

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Pottstown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We stayed here for 1 night with a stay, park and travel package with some friends before a vacation. The hotel was SUPER busy due to some canceled flights in the area because of bad weather. The front desk staff (only 2 of them) did the best job they could in accomodating the number of people trying to check in. They also answered phones and worked the "store". They were very composed and curtious. The lobby was very nice. The room was clean enough.. although the bathroom had zero ventilation and turned into a steam bath when taking a shower. It was hard to even breathe in there. We ate at the restaurant/bar on site. My husband and I just shared a plate of nachos that were pretty bad (watery guac, cheese wiz, steakums for meat..) but our friends had meals and enjoyed the both (turkey burger and chicken pot pie) They also said the wings were delicious. Would stay here again for a quick over night before taking off for vacation.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Cleveland
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I stayed here because of bad weather and a missed flight. The first room I was given had not been cleaned. The sheets were off the bed, wine glass out on table, used soap still sitting out as well as the ironing board and iron. I got a discounted rate from the airline so I innocently asked if I was to clean my own room for the discount rate. This got me an attitude from one of the desk clerks. The second room had a broken closet and a/c unit that was so loud I thought it was a jet from the airport. I had to turn it off so I could sleep.
Don't stay here. Even with the discounted rate it wasn't worth it.

• Stayed July 2014

Travellers are raving about these Essington hotels

Lighthouse Point, Florida
Reviewed 18 July 2014

This property was formerly a Ramada Inn that was in dire need of renovations. It was recently renovated under the new Clarion brand and they did a nice job. I was overnighting in the PHL area and all of the usual hotel choices were sold out. I was hesitant at first, but booked the room since it was only one night.

The weather in the area had caused flight delays and cancellations which made the front desk extremely busy. I was very surprised at the professionalism of the two people behind the desk. They were multitasking between the phone and guests checking in and did so without a hint of frustration. The one thing that was evident is the need to have the shuttle dispatcher answer the phone as half of the calls were forwards bouncing from the dispatcher. The check in went smoothly and I was give room 707.

I had stayed in this hotel several times before and appreciated the quality of the renovations. The lobby has a fresh presence and the restaurant looked inviting. The room was decently appointed and comfortable. I ordered room service and was pleasantly surprised again. The food was reasonably priced and did not take an inordinate amount of time despite the hotel being full. Although the menu is a bit limited, my meal was delicious.

While the renovations overall seemed good, the property is still a bit dated. However, it is on a par with the recently renovated Holiday Inn and Wyndham hotels in the same area. Don't overlook this hotel as you might be pleasantly like me.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank ejbondar
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Nice clean property with a very friendly and helpful staff. The restaurant and room service is a great convenient feature as well. Would definitely stay here again and would refer this property as well to colleagues and friends.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Tennessee
Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

We had to stay here unexpectedly when our son was released early from the hospital. This hotel is near the airport and has 24 free shuttle service with your stay... Our flight wasn't until 9pm the following day, so I asked if it would be possible to get a later checkout as we really had no where else to go. They were great about it and gave us a 3:00 check out time, then moved us to a different room so my son could see the airplanes go by (they were far away enough that we never heard them btw, so don't worry about airport noise! Not an issue) The hotel is nice. It's been renovated, however there are some parts of the room that still show its age (door widths, multiple layers of paint on and around doors, etc...) but it is clean and you can tell the people here like their job, so service is good as well. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again! The restaurant is a little over priced, but its very good- I would recommend it as well.

Newark, New Jersey
Reviewed 9 July 2014

I was very happy with the quick pickup and drop off turnarounds. Parked here for the first time for PHL Airport and my experience was great. As soon as I parked, a shuttle was waiting to take me to the airport. My drivers were friendly and helpful. Good prices to park for 7 days. Also found a Groupon for a cheaper deal here. Only think to consider is on your way back from the Airport make sure to call them and let them know that you are headed out and would require a shuttle. This will save you some time.

I will definitely park there again!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank antsanshul
Also consider these accommodations in or near Essington
Wyndham Garden Philadelphia Airport
La Quinta Inn & Suites Philadelphia Airport
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Philadelphia Airport Ridley
Renaissance Philadelphia Airport Hotel
Red Roof PLUS+ Philadelphia Airport
SpringHill Suites Philadelphia Airport/Ridley Park

Been to The Clarion Hotel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!