“The Clarion Hotel and Conference Center”

Clarion Hotel Philadelphia International Airport
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Essington
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Had a hard time getting my bill fixed. Called left several messages with the Controller, Mr.Tom Wolf and he never called me back. Upon my visit the front desk staff were great. They tried to accommodate me and apologize on his behalf. I don't know how come it took 3 weeks for me to finally hear back from him.

I would advise all customers to watch your bill and don't expect help from this Controller when your charged for things that you didn't pay for. Management needs to step up their game. The General Manager needs to replace him because he's costing customers more money and difficulties.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 16 August 2014

We took advantage of the hotel's fly and drive package en route to Puerto Rico. We arrived at 8 PM and left at 4:30 AM for our flight. We had a week of parking included in the price of the room--almost the same cost as just parking at PHL. Modern hotel, room with standard amenties, clean, cheerful staff, prompt airport transporation. Perfect! We'll do this again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

Flight connection could not be made, so the airline put me up here for a night with a meal voucher. There were many other people from my flight and the two employees did a great job checking everybody in. The room was big and clean, but not much more can be said about it. I used the meal voucher at the restaurant in the hotel for dinner and the food was good.

Their airport shuttle service is good and timely!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank jayp913
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Stayed one night for a Phillies game. Good shuttle service to and from the airport, although it also serves the adjacent pay parking lot so it can already be full when it picks you up in the morning. The hotel is large and clean. I booked it on Hotwire and was pleasantly surprised.

Room Tip: Get an early airport shuttle because it may be full when it stops to pick you up
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Brianf0507
Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

Flight was cancelled so airline put us here. No other hotels were available, unfortunately, or we would have stayed somewhere else. Shuttle was convenient. Hotel extremely dated. Door had large gaps and could see light coming from hallway. Beds were clean and comfortable. Dated dark green carpet in room. Noisy air conditioner unit would cut on and off. Shower had good pressure and hot water. Sink(s) plumbing configuration weird and neither the sink in the bathroom nor vanity area would drain properly. Advised front desk at checkout. Saw another reviewer had commented on the same issue. For one night it was ok but I wouldn't feel safe here if alone and wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Izzynalini
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We stayed here for 1 night with a stay, park and travel package with some friends before a vacation. The hotel was SUPER busy due to some canceled flights in the area because of bad weather. The front desk staff (only 2 of them) did the best job they could in accomodating the number of people trying to check in. They also answered phones and worked the "store". They were very composed and curtious. The lobby was very nice. The room was clean enough.. although the bathroom had zero ventilation and turned into a steam bath when taking a shower. It was hard to even breathe in there. We ate at the restaurant/bar on site. My husband and I just shared a plate of nachos that were pretty bad (watery guac, cheese wiz, steakums for meat..) but our friends had meals and enjoyed the both (turkey burger and chicken pot pie) They also said the wings were delicious. Would stay here again for a quick over night before taking off for vacation.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I stayed here because of bad weather and a missed flight. The first room I was given had not been cleaned. The sheets were off the bed, wine glass out on table, used soap still sitting out as well as the ironing board and iron. I got a discounted rate from the airline so I innocently asked if I was to clean my own room for the discount rate. This got me an attitude from one of the desk clerks. The second room had a broken closet and a/c unit that was so loud I thought it was a jet from the airport. I had to turn it off so I could sleep.
Don't stay here. Even with the discounted rate it wasn't worth it.

• Stayed: July 2014
Also consider these accommodations in or near Essington
Wyndham Garden Philadelphia Airport
La Quinta Inn & Suites Philadelphia Airport
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Philadelphia Airport Ridley
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Philadelphia Airport
2 mi away
Renaissance Philadelphia Airport Hotel
Hampton Inn Philadelphia-International Airport

Been to Clarion Hotel Philadelphia International Airport? Share your experiences!