“Glad to be out of there.”

The Clarion Hotel and Conference Center
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Essington
Reviewed 3 May 2010

If you must stay near the Philadelphia airport, there have got to be nicer places at the same price. This hotel is drab, has poor air quality, and has a staff that is superficially helpful but basically ignorant of how to actually make things comfortable for you. The food in the restaurant is nearly inedible and the room service breakfast WAS inedible and it took all my assertiveness to get a refund. And there is NOTHING nearby. The hotel does provide a shuttle to the airport which is a couple of miles away but without a car, you are stranded at this hotel with absolutely nothing to do. I am still puzzled why the conference organizers chose this venue, although I assume they got an amazing deal. On the positive side, wifi was free, rooms were clean enough, and they handled the master bill fine.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank molevin

Reviewed 28 February 2010

I stayed at this Ramada last week because a function was being held in one of its ballrooms. I thought it was a good enough value based on the fact that it was close to the airport and major highways. The room was standard Ramada. I thought that the rooms and the interiors could use a little more updating. The staff was efficient and accomodating. I had a dinner party at the in-house restaurant. I expected more given the prices, We were a bit dissapointed in the entrees although the ribs were good and the bacon wrapped scallops were delighful. Service was good.

It's a business hotel for short overnight stays.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 February 2010

The staff and the hotel were excellent and very accomodating. Several of our attendees made the comment that they were so happy with the hotel staff and their willingness to assist them with their requests.
The marketing staff did an excellent job of providing quotes and menus and also made suggestions on set up of conference rooms and worked with our advance people very well.
I would strong recommend you all check this site out for your next confernce Food is excellent, well prepared, and reasonable in pricing. This hotel will be on our list of future conferences in this area.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 January 2010

We were put up here by my husband's business, I was fearful after reading the other reviews but tried to keep an open mind - however it was really awful! We arrived to find the hallway littered with old food trays and linen bags for several rooms with "Do Not Disturb" signs up ??We checked in at 5pm so it isn't like they hadn't had all day to clean the halls -in fact two lone spoons were still in the hall outside our door when we left, I named them Sam & Sal. The hot water went out twice - once as I was preparing to go out for a dinner, I tried to rationalize it as the next door neighbors had just showered however, there was no hot water the next morning either "boiler trouble - will be fixed soon" - 2 hours later after a disappointing breakfast (oatmeal was instant and cold and the "granola" with the fruit & granola plate is a chocolate chip granola bar!) there was enough for my husband to shower. I needed to mail something, the guest information states there is a gift shop that sells stamps - there is no gift shop, and the front desk said "oh, we don't have stamps" - like it would have killed them to offer to mail something for me? Two more people came to ask for stamps after me! The shuttle to and from the airport is the best thing about this place - we took it there to catch the train into town - unfortunately the train isn't running right now - and no one at the hotel knew that. The gym was unexpectedly nice - 3 ellipticals, two treadmills, a recumbent bike and a spinning bike - but the TV kept loosing signal while I tried to catch up on the latest news which was frustrating. Unless you are doing a quick layover at the airport (which, judging by the amount of flight personnel in the lobby makes up the lion's share of their business) do not stay here willingly!

Stayed: January 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 November 2009

The location of the hotel is about 10 minutes from PHL airport. We stayed here for a baseball game. It was about 15-20 from the Phillies stadium. I do notice that this place has on site long term aiport parking.

I don't know where to start here. Check in was pretty painless. We stayed on the 2nd floor in a King suite....which means it has a sofa bed. They also told us the rooms were renovated.....they replaced the back sliding door and did some work in the bathroom...thats all.....

This is a large hotel and much of the views included the rear of the building and other roofs.

Walking to the room at 1:30 pm there was dirty bedding all over the hallway and room service trays scattered. The door to our room could barely open. I asked for extra pillows. I later whendone toask about them and a guy came from the front desk area putting his pants on......enough said here......just reminded me of being stuck in some rooming house in the middle of the Ghetto....

I would make this place last resort in the PHl area.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 October 2009

My sister & I went for a class reunion being held here. I made the mistake of leaving $600.00 in my suitcase as not to loose it or be taken advantage of(( am blind) My sister put a do not disturb sign on the door & saw the housekeeper in the hallway & told her about the sign & to NOT CLEAN the room, housekeeper ok . When we arrived back at our room the do not disturb sign was off the door the beds had been made & clean towels. my money was gone! and my suitcase had been gone thru. We called the mgr & were told the person that cleaned their room was off til wed & they wouldnt talk til then and not to call the police so they could investigate themselves. we called the police anyway & a report was taken. they were told they had to clean the room even when the sign was up? what's the point of having a do not disturb sign up??i see from other reviews that the gm says" We find that the most common reason for housekeeping to pass over a guestroom is due to a "Do Not Disturb" sign posted or accidentally left on the door." so they are contradicting themselves already.
Room service was called for breakfast at 9am at 11am no breakfast yet. we are both diabetic. we call again to find out where it is and was told it would be there in 5min. apparently the person that took the order didn't turn it in because it was too close to her shift ending & wanted out in a hurry.

I would not stay here. i wouldn't trust them. they did not offer us anything or a remedy to our problem. just don't call the police. how dissappointing they don't take pride in customer service/satisfaction

• Stayed: October 2009
Reviewed 8 October 2009

We had to stay here because our flight was delayed and we would have missed our connecting flight in another city. Southwest gave us a discount coupon and booked us at this Ramada. The hotel seems way outdated. Our room was on the second floor. My kids held their noses because the smell of cigarette smoke in the hallway and sitting area by the elevators was intense. The room itself was a non-smoking room and did not smell. The room was big enough and had everything necessary for our overnight stay. Our big problem was that we were a family of 5. The room had 2 double beds. I begged for a roll-away but they kept telling me it was against fire code. There was no way I was going to sleep on the floor so I tried 3 different times but no one took pity on me. I've never felt so miserable staying at a hotel before as I did with this one. It was a rotten end to an otherwise wonderful week Philadelphia.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Essington
Wyndham Garden Philadelphia Airport
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Philadelphia Airport Ridley
La Quinta Inn & Suites Philadelphia Airport
Red Roof PLUS+ Philadelphia Airport
Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Airport - Tinicum Blvd.
Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia Airport

Been to The Clarion Hotel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!