Red Roof PLUS+ Philadelphia Airport
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
All reviewsroom was cleanjanet jacksonphiladelphia airportplace to staywould highly recommend this hotelrecent stayclose to the airportbusiness triprripetshighway
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 November 2012

Landed in Philly at 11 pm and made my way to RRI to grab a quick sleep before moving on. Having used them often before, there were no surprises in the room, although it seemed a touch more "tired" than most other ones I've stayed at. Also, being winter, the room was a bit stuffy with the heater on and no airflow.

But the room was large, clean and as quiet as it could be parked on the edge of I-95. The wireless internet was very good and the room (Superior King) had a coffee maker and safe.

In short, it is a standard RRI which is a typical budget motel. Nothing flash, just a decent place to sleep.

Room Tip: If you get a Superior King, and don't use the safe, make sure they take $1.50 off your bill (it is a built-in "insurance" fee)
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
Julia C, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Philadelphia Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2012

Hello, and thank you for your review. I would like to let you know that our property is scheduled for complete renovation in January 2013 and will no longer have that "tired" look. Again, thank you for taking the time to write your review I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Philadelphia Airport Red Roof.

We look forward to seeing you in your future travels.

Reviewed 20 November 2012

I was a little concerned about writing a review on this place, since I had less than a stellar stay and I'm an avid Red Roof Inn customer. But I agree with other reviewers, this place needs serious help. The place is in need of a major makeover. It shows signs of improvements here and there, but nothing like a total makeover it needs to be.

My big issue, we did have some kind of insect issue, and I'm assuming bed bugs. Bed bugs are a "room by room" thing, so while others may have reported nothing, ours had something. I had three huge welts on my leg and I was scratching during my sleep. I sent an email to Red Roof Corporate via their website, asking at least for a response..... NONE. As such, despite my affinity for Red Roof Inns in most places, I won't go back to this one.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SteveE461

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Philadelphia Airport Red Roof. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please accept my sincerest apologies.

Hello,
At Red Roof, we strive to provide every customer with superior service; therefore your feedback is very important to us. I want you to know that we are took the appropriate measures to address the problem that occurred during your stay to prevent any future occurrence. We are happy to report that no bed bugs were found.

Reviewed 4 November 2012

My wife and I stayed here one night and found it to be a decent place within a few miles of the Philadelphia airport. With an AAA discount, we paid $89.80, including tax, for a room with a King bed. Everything was clean and in working order. Bed linens were clean and no bed bugs. We always check for bed bugs as I have read they are on the rise again, particularly in larger cities. Despite being near an interstate highway, we heard no noise from the outside. There is a Philly Diner that was about 150 feet from our room, but we didn't get the opportunity to try it out. The staff doesn't give the warmest reception, but they weren't rude. If you fly into Philly, this hotel may not work for you as there is no airport shuttle.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple

Hello, and thank you for your review. I would like to let you know that our property is scheduled for complete renovation in January 2013. Again, thank you for taking the time to write your review I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Philadelphia Airport Red Roof.

We look forward to seeing you in your future travels.

Reviewed 2 November 2012 via mobile

After reading prior customer reviews recently I expected something that was completely different then reality. Recent reviewers give the hotel 4 and 5 stars. Me being a advid traveler, I will give this hotel a soild 2! Let me make this short and sweet. I stumbled upon this hotel online and received a really good rate since it was a Halloween special. It was a last minute decision and cheaper to stay here then center city Philly and they allowed Dogs for free. Check in was easy and staff was friendly. I had a room on the first floor which was convenient for my Dog. Upon arriving to the room the housekeeper just started cleaning it! When I entered i assume it was renovated like past viewers mention and the hotels states it on there website. THIS IS NOT FULLY RENOVATED. All they did was add new curtains, new bedspread, new chair(which is serverley stained) and a flat screen! The rugs are so gross that I never took my socks off! Apparently they also do not have vacuums with hoses! The corners are filled with visible dust and bugs! The rooms stink like smoke and ours was suppose to be non smoking. The tub is musty and moldy. The desk has sticky stains as well as the night stands. The bed is still old and you can feel the springs. The walls are horribly thin! We woke up from stomping that lasted from 1am till 9am on our first night . Just a warning You can hear everything. We called the front desk three times and it still never stopped. I only gave this place a 2 because they gave us our money back for that night without any hassle and moved our room to a higher floor. Seriously if you get it for an awesome rate like us then go for it. Otherwise beware! A little side note, it abouts five minutes away from the casino! The casino is full of restuarants and when you sign up for a new players card they give your free money to play, free buffet and a free room in Atlantic City! That was the highlight of our trip!

• Stayed: November 2012
2  Thank tiffnshay421

Hello,

Reviewed 1 November 2012

The staff was friendly and room was basic. There were chip crumbs on the bed and ashes on the register... Was supposed to be none smoking room...that should include cleaning staff as I am highly allergic. Late check out is 1pm with no flexibility. Will not stay here again. Comfort inn next door is better to me. Nice supervisor should share her courteous skills with operator. Disappointing after check in was so easy and friendly.

Room Tip: Pick odd room to away from freeway noise.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Geri N
Julia C, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Philadelphia Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2012

Hi, and thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Philadelphia Airport Red Roof. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please accept my sincerest apologies.