Red Roof PLUS+ Philadelphia Airport
US$123
US$116
US$158
  • Pool
All reviewsroom was cleanjanet jacksonphiladelphia airportplace to staywould highly recommend this hotelrecent stayclose to the airportbusiness triprripetshighway
Reviewed 3 September 2013

First and foremost, seeing the negatitve reviews below, I'm not sure what reviewers were expecting from a 2 star motel. For $70 a night, you get a clean room with basic amenities and a comfortable bed. Also, the area felt (to me) to be extremely safe; it's quite removed from the city and not much else around except other hotels and family diners like a Denny's next door. There is both a deadbolt and a chain lock on the door, and despite the hotel being sold out this weekend, it was very quiet - I heard no noise from any other guests, which was great after full days spent wandering the city and at the music festival.

The location is quite far from downtown Philadelphia. To get downtown by public transport, you will have to walk a couple blocks over into town, take a bus then transfer to a train, which is quite time consuming. A cab will cost you between 30 - 40 dollars, so do keep that in mind when you're budgeting to stay out of town vs. in town, as unless you're able to split costs it can get pricy going back and forth.

When we did have trouble with the room (like other guests mentioned, our safe would not lock) they sent someone up right away to fix it. When the mechanic couldn't fix it he called down to have it replaced and the office allowed us to lock our stuff in the lock boxes down there, so there was no issue.

Overall, I would definitely stay here again. Philadelphia is a fantastic city and I'm looking forward to returning someday soon.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing away from the parking lot and in the building farthest from the lobby. Our room was quiet with no noise from guests checking in or out.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Julia C, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Philadelphia Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2013

Dear guest,
Thank you for your review. I would like to let you know that our property is being renovated for a complete renovation and we will have all new rooms by the end of this year. Again, thank you for taking the time to write your review I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Philadelphia Airport Red Roof.

We look forward to seeing you in your future travels

Reviewed 28 August 2013

First, there is no airport shuttle to this hotel, so add the taxi fare to your budget, and get a better, safer, room for a little more.
If you are not familiar with Red Roof, this is a motel, not hotel. it is not well lit and not in a good area. Anyone could walk right up to your parking lot level individual door. Carpets, walls, etc. are well worn. Attempting to use the iron, even at low heat, ruined clothing. Bath towels were threadbare and had permanent stains. This was not a good value, even at under $90. You can get deals at other PHL airport hotels for not a lot more.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank dsportdesign
Julia C, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Philadelphia Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2013

Hi, and thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Philadelphia Airport Red Roof. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please accept my sincerest apologies.

At Red Roof, we strive to provide every customer with superior service; therefore your feedback is very important to us. I want you to know that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem that occurred during your stay to prevent any future occurrences. Also, our property is being renovated so all of the issues you experinced will be addressed.

Reviewed 7 August 2013

After A long drive from Chicago to Philadelphia. We had reserve this location because my wife's daughter had died, and it was the closest to the funeral home that allowed dogs.
The carpet was so dirty, that it made my socks dirty. The room had a bad smell.
The toilet seat did not stay up and the security lock was broken.
We checked out that next morning.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank sxmorbust

Dear guest,

Thank you for your review. Please keep us in mind for your next traves. Our property is under renovation and we will have all new rooms by the end of the year!

Reviewed 13 July 2013

We stayed one night on a road trip and found this place was fine for one night. As commented on before, the room was pretty tired but I understand a renovation is underway. The packet of tissues was a nice touch. There were a group of bikies staying at the motel but they were quiet during the night. It would be good if the manager actually responded to comments on this website rather than just posting a standard reply.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 1 July 2013

This is an average Red Roof. It could use a remodel, but is comfortable. I don't know that I would pick it for a multi night stay. Location is good for airport and Harrah's Philadelphia. Staff was excellent.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank clambert8302

Hello, and thank you for taking the time to write your review I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Philadelphia Airport Red Roof.

I will make sure to share your comments with the rest of our team. Feedback from our guests is always welcome as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services. Also, our property is being renovated so come see our new rooms!!

Thank you again, we look forward to seeing you in your future travels