“Not much has changed!”
Review of The Union Hotel

The Union Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Everett B&B and Inns
Reviewed 5 February 2014

I took a group of four last Saturday for the endless pasta. We entered the front door and as previously experienced we were not greeted for about two minutes! There were three wait staff huddled in the bar and four wait staff huddled at the cashier station. A group was leaving without a thank you as we stood there waiting for an acknowledgement! Hard to believe that nobody thought to say welcome or thank you! I wonder what type of service was being offered to the guests already dining when seven waitresses were busy gathering? Once seated and serviced with drinks our entire group ordered the endless pasta. The salad was described as an Olive Garden style salad with a house dressing. The dressing itself was outstanding but the salad lacked in garnishments! There were four small chunks of tomatoes, enough for one per person, one peppercine, three slices of black olives and a single slither of red onion accompanied with several croutons. The outstanding dressing was overshadowed by the lackluster salad! I ordered the "homemade" fettucine with meat sauce and meatballs. It arrived lukewarm at best! The sauce was great but I hate eating cold food! I made a comment loud enough for the waitress to hear which was never responded to! Two people in our group ordered the alfredo sauce. One came out very creamy and the other like a lump of plaster! Very poor to say the least! This is their house specialty and it just wasn't right! The check arrived on a hand written bill and the $3.00 charge for the meatballs was not included! A computerized check would have not made that mistake! I wonder how much revenue the owners will be missing out on over the period of a year? We left in the same manner as we arrived without as much as a thank you! How long will the Union Hotel last this time around?

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank chefagi

Reviewed 21 January 2014

I was here for a night away with the wife. We had a beautiful room and a wonderful dinner. If you are ever in Everett and need a place to stay this is it! The room we had was one of their suites. The tub was huge and everything in the room was in order and perfect!

Room Tip: Get a suite! I'm glad that I did.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 December 2013

This restaurant is under new management and menu and the food is superb. We have been there three times already. They make all of their pasta from scratch to order and their own sauce, which has a wonderful slight sweet flavor. My husband had the Endless Homemade Pasta bowl and my brother-in-law had the Baked Ziti and both thought they were excellent. My daughter thought she could live off of the Mac N Cheese balls appetizer forever. I had the Black and Blue Burger which was done perfectly. This is a must-try in Bedford County.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 June 2012

Appears to still be closed from last winter. We liked the restaurant. Hope they re-open.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank alfalfa549
Reviewed 14 September 2011

Wonderful little hotel with a very good restaurant. Right off the PA Turnpike, it's a great place to stay while traveling across Pennsylvania. We stayed overnight in. July. Staff very helpful.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jfdools
Reviewed 22 August 2011

Booked this as a last minute getaway and so glad we did. The hotel is absolutely beautiful and convenient to the Bedford area. We stayed in a king suite. Have to mention something about the suite - it's not a typical suite that you would get in a full service hotel. It's much smaller and has a very small sitting area but it was so nicely done and the bathroom was pretty incredible. If you stay here you must eat in their restaurant. Their chef is fantastic. We had dinner both nights and can't find a single bad thing to say about our meals. She's pretty amazing - I believe her name is Laura. We also spent some time at their Tavern and loved it. Here's the not so good comments - they really need to get someone for their front desk. When we came down to check out around 9:30 a.m. there was no one around - and I mean no one. After waiting about 20 minutes we found the chef who called the mgr. who was on her way in. I guess it's still a new venue and not very booked so their staff is minimal. We finally got on our way about 10:10 - not the end of the world and it won't prevent us from returning but it is something they should fix. I also wish they'd open their coffee bar - there is nothing at all in the morning which is not how it's portrayed on their website. All in all a beautiful place to stay, eat & drink - all for the right price!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 3hundrd
Reviewed 5 July 2011

We appreciated how fresh and clean the hotel was,and enjoyed its beauty. However, there were some kinks. There was only one nightstand and one light near the bed, and it was inadequate for reading. There were other lights, but they were all a bit low on wattage. The bed was a bit bouncy, and something crunched and crackled when we moved. The iron bed was lovely, but the footboard stuck out from the mattress, and I kept tripping on it in the dark. Thre is a heater/air conditioner, which needs careful adjustment, and is very loud, even on low. There is no desk or work table, and no refrigerator. For ice, you have to go down to the main level and get some from the kitchen. Or I suppose you could call the desk, if they're not too busy. The marble bath is stunning. I could have used a shelf under the sink and a grab bar for getting out of the tub.

The main problem was that no one made up the rooms on Sunday. Perhaps they were too busy with the brunch to think of it. The night manager offered to bring us anything we needed, but the unmade bed was a bit of a turnoff. The staff were all friendly, but they cover a coffee bar and restaurant as well as the hotel. It's not a big enough operation to warrant one person at the desk at all times.

It's the best option in Everett right now, and I hope they can fix the litle bugs, as I do intend to return.

Room Tip: Beautiful, but 205 bad for reading in bed
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank sara-thomp

Been to The Union Hotel? Share your experiences!