“Don't stay here”

Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Exton
Ranked #9 of 9 Hotels in Exton
Reviewed 5 August 2013

The room had ants, as did other rooms in the hotel. The hotel was" recently remodeled "but they should have knocked it down and started over. The only amineties the hotel had were laundry on premises. The dressser drawers were so cheap they kept coming off the runners. There are only 2 dishes, cups, silverware,etc in the kitchen. There is no maintence or housekeeping on site from Friday afternoon until Monday morning so if something goes wrong with your room you are out of luck.

Room Tip: Do not park in the back as the backdoor was broken the entire month of the stay.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank susan m

Reviewed 10 June 2013

This hotel is awesome!! The staff have been professional, knowledgeable, and friendly from day one and it's been almost 3 months that I've been with them. My room is always comfortable, there's complimentary grab-n-go breakfast, and anytime I've needed something it's never an issue. I travel frequently and if I could take this hotel and it's staff with me everywhere, I would!!

• Stayed: March 2013
3  Thank Malakai912
Reviewed 12 May 2013

Hotel clean and close to PA Turnpike and easily accessible to Ludwigs Corner Show Grounds.
Pros: Room was big with full kitchen area - large fridge, microwave and cooktop. Newly renovated furniture and carpets etc. Grab & Go breakfast of granola bars, apples, pre-packaged blueberry muffins and coffee. Front desk staff very helpful and polite. WiFi worked well.
Cons: Bed was extremely firm - it was probably worst mattress we've had in years. Still some kinks to be worked out of renovation such as exhaust fan in bathroom didn't work, coffee maker didn't work, door handles are very hard to open on rooms - I think someone must have jammed ours on previous stay. No harm done - just minor inconvenience.

Starbucks and Dunkin Donuts nearby. Some rooms do not have a hairdryer installed yet - but if you ask at the front desk they will loan one to you at no charge.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank traveldog_13
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Exton, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2013

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels and for taking the time to provide feedback about your stay. We value your comments so we can continue to improve the service we offer. One of the greatest rewards of my job is creating a memorable “home away from home” for our guests. I am so glad to hear that we were able to do this for you!

Thank you again for your positive comments. I have shared them with our entire team as well as our Senior Management. We look forward to hosting you once again at Extended Stay Hotels.

Reviewed 3 March 2013

I got a good rate so I got what I paid for. Hotel had basic services but no frills. Washers and dryers broke regularly. Noise from outside and inside drove me away finally. Housekeeping was minimal often forgetting towels, etc. Horizontal surfaces were always dusty. Staff is helpful if not overly friendly. "Breakfast" was just a cart of snacks in the lobby. TYhe place shows it's age even after "remodeling".

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank JMLinne
Manager-TOH, Manager at Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Exton, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2013

Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience at Extended Stay America Philadelphia - Exton. Providing for your total satisfaction, from the moment you arrive to the moment you depart, is my staff's primary duty. Hearing that we failed in your case is truly disheartening, and for that, I offer you my sincerest apology. Let me assure you that your experience is certainly not typical, and that we have put in place measures to ensure that the type of stay you had won't be repeated. I do hope you will give us the honor of having you as a guest again if future travels will bring you into our area.

Reviewed 1 February 2013

Stayed here one night and it was disgusting. Room was dirty. Clientele was dirty. I think the hotel might house section 8 families. You would be better off at any of the other hotels in Exton. Simply bad!

Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank logger93
Manager-PCH, Manager at Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Exton, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2013

Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am sorry to hear that you found the hotel not to your liking. In response to your feedback, I am pleased to let you know that the hotel has just udergone an extensive renovation since your stay and I am sure that you would enjoy a future stay. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at EXT@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed 24 November 2012

No front curb cuts - had to lift luggage over curb. No automatic doors. Room was nicely done. Range and full sized fridge is a definite plus.

There was a lot of furniture squeezed into a small space but done efficiently. I didn't realize until late that night, when I went to take a shower that there was no soap or shampoo provided which, as I found out at checkout the next morning, is not typical, just an oversight. Also, no dish detergent - which meant only being able to rinse what dishes we used. The toilet was missing a fill tube in the tank that adds water to the bowl after a flush.

Of the windows, of which there are two, one stayed open and the other completely refused. The bed was firm but comfy. The mirrors all looked liked they were cleaned with a greasy rag.

The decor and the infinite number of ESPN channels on the TV seem like they're leaning more towards male clientele.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Manager-PCH, Manager at Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Exton, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am sorry to hear that soap was not provided and the mirrors were streaked. To prevent this from happening again, my team is undergoing more training . I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at EXT@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.