The hotel is located right next to the UNO restaurant. It also shares the same parking lot, which means, if the restaurant ever gets busy, parking might be an issue. While I was there, there was plenty of parking. I liked that UNO is convenient located right next to the hotel. They will deliver, and a great place to hang out with friends if you are not traveling alone. UNO has a few takes outside that you can dine outside if you like.
The hotel is located next to a Hampton Inn and across the N. Pottstown Pike from a Fairview Inn. The only complain I have is that if you are going W/NW on N. Pottstown Pike where the hotel is located on your left, there is no left turn into the hotel.
- I had to drive to the next light, make a right turn, then a U-turn, and a left turn to get back onto N. Pottsville Pike heading S/SE in order to make a right turn into the hotel property.
- Or you can go further down to Pennsylvania Turnpike exit and make a U-Turn at the light on N. Pottstown Pike.
This is very inconvenient. After the 2nd day, I started taking the back roads: W Uwchlan Ave, to Dowlin Forge Road, and take the first right onto a little road to go around the back of the hotel, or take Eagleview Blvd. I recommend studying the map to find the best way to get onto the hotel property if you are not heading S/SE on N. Pottstown Pike.
Upon my arrival, I noticed that the hotel door is not automatic. This is very inconvenient if you have a lot of luggage where you don't have a free hand or trying to push the luggage cart through the door while trying to keep the door open. Oh, and there are 2 sets of doors that you need to go through before reaching the lobby. The night I arrived, there was only 1 person (the receptionist) working, and I coordinated with him that when I get to the door, he will come out and open the door for me. Most of the Residence Inn I stayed at, have someone who can assist me with my luggage. Since I traveled alone with a small dog and lots of luggage, it would have been nice if there was a Bellboy to help me with my luggage.
The check-in process was smooth, and the receptionist was nice. He gave my dog a little gift box filled with dog biscuits and a paw wipe. A very nice touch for people traveling with their pets. This is the first time I got a welcome gift like this for my dog, and I have stayed at many Residence Inn with my dog.
The only thing that I thought it was weird is that the refrigerator door opens toward the front door, away from the kitchen. I will have to stepped out of the kitchen to get to the fridge interior. Same goes to the Microwave door. Just a little odd. The hotel room has a small closet by the front door, not all Residence Inn has this. The room also wasn't a studio, it has a door to the bedroom. Love the Paul Mitchell bath products. For those who use the hairdryer, this one is a tiny one that hangs on the wall, not a full size hair dryer, but it works pretty well.
I don't have any issues during my stay. My room was located in the back of the hotel, where I have the view of the business buildings in the back. It was the 4th of July weekend, and the business area was deserted. There is a historical house located right behind the hotel, literally, like it is on the hotel property. Pretty neat.
If you are traveling with a pet, this hotel is petfriendly, and like all Residence Inn, there is a pet fee. I believe it is $100 per stay. The hotel does have some grassy area for the pets to go to the bathroom. Because of its location, right on N. Pottstown Pike, I took my dog for a walk on the back side of the hotel, around the business buildings.
There are shops including a Target and restaurants along Eagleview Blvd about 1/2 mile from the hotel. It is walking distance, and it's a nice little walk. If you go to the back of the hotel, take Ruark Road, and if you make a right onto Eagleview Blvd, there is a little restaurant on your left with an ice-cream shop, dry cleaner, a grocery store, etc..., and if you make a left onto Eagleview Blvd, there is a larger shopping center on your right with a bank, Target, restaurants. At the end of Ruark Road (at Eagleview Blvd), there are restaurants on your left.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy a refreshing stay at Residence Inn Philadelphia West Chester/Exton, the leading choice among Exton, PA hotels. We put you within minutes of West Chester University, Great Valley, QVC Studio Park and Exton Square Mall, plus the fascinating history of Valley Forge and Brandywine Battlefield. Sports teams enjoy being near United Sports Training Center, Power Play Rinks, and Iceline. Our corporate guests are convenient to West Pharm, Bentley, Belfore, Johnson & Johnson, West, Faro, Lockheed Martin, and Pipeline. Our hotel near Philadelphia features separate working and living areas, fully furnished kitchens and free Wi-Fi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Residence Inn Philadelphia Great Valley/Exton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn Philadelphia Exton Hotel Exton
- Residence Inn Exton
- Exton Residence Inn