Residence Inn Philadelphia West Chester/Exton
  • Pool
US$165
Sheraton.com
US$143
All reviewstwo bedroom suitefront deskliving areaparking lottoilet and showerbrandywine valleyminute drivemarriott propertiesoatmealindoor poolstaff was very friendlybusiness centerthe breakfast areadefinitely stay here againrestaurants and shoppingpennsylvania turnpikebusiness trip
Reviewed 19 August 2013

Classic Residence Inn with all the amenities. Only disappointment was that the jacuzzi was out of order. Picnic area could also be
a bit more appealing, rather small and no real ambience to it. Breakfast room/lobby is nicely appointed and pleasant. Added bonus is restaurant/bar across the parking lot. Many nicer, non-chain, restaurants are only minutes away. Hotel staff was very helpful with recommendations.

• Stayed: July 2013
ri_phlrx_gm, Manager at Residence Inn Philadelphia West Chester/Exton, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2013

Dear njduncs, Thank you for your review. It is very nice to read that you found the hotel, ammenities and staff pleasant and helpful. We hope that we will see you next time you travel to Exton.

Reviewed 19 August 2013

I must admit that I didnt spend a lot of time here, I was staying for work but visited the Sly Fox down the street, and ended up getting back to the hotel about midnight, sleeping till 8, and then going back to work. Perfect for what I needed and the staff was very generous.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
ri_phlrx_gm, Manager at Residence Inn Philadelphia West Chester/Exton, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2013

Dear Slvrscoobie, Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to write a review. We are glad we were able to meet your needs during this stay. We hope to see you the next time you travel to Exton.

Reviewed 17 August 2013

The hotel is located right next to the UNO restaurant. It also shares the same parking lot, which means, if the restaurant ever gets busy, parking might be an issue. While I was there, there was plenty of parking. I liked that UNO is convenient located right next to the hotel. They will deliver, and a great place to hang out with friends if you are not traveling alone. UNO has a few takes outside that you can dine outside if you like.

The hotel is located next to a Hampton Inn and across the N. Pottstown Pike from a Fairview Inn. The only complain I have is that if you are going W/NW on N. Pottstown Pike where the hotel is located on your left, there is no left turn into the hotel.
- I had to drive to the next light, make a right turn, then a U-turn, and a left turn to get back onto N. Pottsville Pike heading S/SE in order to make a right turn into the hotel property.
- Or you can go further down to Pennsylvania Turnpike exit and make a U-Turn at the light on N. Pottstown Pike.
This is very inconvenient. After the 2nd day, I started taking the back roads: W Uwchlan Ave, to Dowlin Forge Road, and take the first right onto a little road to go around the back of the hotel, or take Eagleview Blvd. I recommend studying the map to find the best way to get onto the hotel property if you are not heading S/SE on N. Pottstown Pike.

Upon my arrival, I noticed that the hotel door is not automatic. This is very inconvenient if you have a lot of luggage where you don't have a free hand or trying to push the luggage cart through the door while trying to keep the door open. Oh, and there are 2 sets of doors that you need to go through before reaching the lobby. The night I arrived, there was only 1 person (the receptionist) working, and I coordinated with him that when I get to the door, he will come out and open the door for me. Most of the Residence Inn I stayed at, have someone who can assist me with my luggage. Since I traveled alone with a small dog and lots of luggage, it would have been nice if there was a Bellboy to help me with my luggage.

The check-in process was smooth, and the receptionist was nice. He gave my dog a little gift box filled with dog biscuits and a paw wipe. A very nice touch for people traveling with their pets. This is the first time I got a welcome gift like this for my dog, and I have stayed at many Residence Inn with my dog.

The only thing that I thought it was weird is that the refrigerator door opens toward the front door, away from the kitchen. I will have to stepped out of the kitchen to get to the fridge interior. Same goes to the Microwave door. Just a little odd. The hotel room has a small closet by the front door, not all Residence Inn has this. The room also wasn't a studio, it has a door to the bedroom. Love the Paul Mitchell bath products. For those who use the hairdryer, this one is a tiny one that hangs on the wall, not a full size hair dryer, but it works pretty well.

I don't have any issues during my stay. My room was located in the back of the hotel, where I have the view of the business buildings in the back. It was the 4th of July weekend, and the business area was deserted. There is a historical house located right behind the hotel, literally, like it is on the hotel property. Pretty neat.

If you are traveling with a pet, this hotel is petfriendly, and like all Residence Inn, there is a pet fee. I believe it is $100 per stay. The hotel does have some grassy area for the pets to go to the bathroom. Because of its location, right on N. Pottstown Pike, I took my dog for a walk on the back side of the hotel, around the business buildings.

There are shops including a Target and restaurants along Eagleview Blvd about 1/2 mile from the hotel. It is walking distance, and it's a nice little walk. If you go to the back of the hotel, take Ruark Road, and if you make a right onto Eagleview Blvd, there is a little restaurant on your left with an ice-cream shop, dry cleaner, a grocery store, etc..., and if you make a left onto Eagleview Blvd, there is a larger shopping center on your right with a bank, Target, restaurants. At the end of Ruark Road (at Eagleview Blvd), there are restaurants on your left.

Room Tip: Get a room in the back of the hotel. It will probably be more quiet since the front of the hotel kind of faces N. Pottstown Pike.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
ri_phlrx_gm, Manager at Residence Inn Philadelphia West Chester/Exton, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2013

Dear Marinda0, Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review. We appreciate you mentioning the convenience to local shops, restaurants as well as alternate street directions for our readers. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and love that your dog enjoyed the special treat. We hope to see you the next time you travel to Exton.

Reviewed 12 August 2013

We stayed in a two room suite and were very comfortable. Wish we could get a reduced rate (AAA, Government, etc) to offset the cost of the two room suite. We have stayed there before and enjoyed the amenities. We will return again maybe next year.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
ri_phlrx_gm, Manager at Residence Inn Philadelphia West Chester/Exton, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2013

Dear DavidFS, Thank you for your review and your loyalty to our hotel. We look forward to seeing you next year!

Reviewed 12 August 2013

I checked in during the early evening and after going out to dinner returned to the hotel for the night. The room was perfectly clean and orderly, in fact the only thing I can complain about is that the water pipes in the shower make some odd noises but not enough to bother me. I had an issue where I'd forgotten my toiletries and the overnight front desk clerk (Daniel I think?) was absolutely excellent in helping me out. He was the most polite and friendly customer service person I have encountered in years. That little bit of extra effort really made my stay five stars instead of four. All in all it was a very comfortable room, maybe a little bit out of date compared to some of the recently renovated hotels but still in excellent working order and well maintained. I will stay here every time I am in the area.

Room Tip: Go with the studio over the one bedroom. It's the same size and the same price, but much more open without the extra wall and a more comfortable & breathable space.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank KaralynCresena

Dear KaralynCresena, Thank you for taking the time to write a review. It is so nice to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we were able to help you with your forgotten items. We look forward to seeing you the next time you travel to Exton!