“Good place with reasonable price”

Holiday Inn Express Exton - Lionville
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Exton
Fremont, California
“Good place with reasonable price”
Reviewed 16 August 2011

I stayed in HIE Exton for six nights in the beginning of summer and the overall experience was good. This was my first time in HIE and I´m pretty sure that I will be using these hotels in the future too based on my Exton experience.

The hotel is located in the middle of shopping area a bit outside of the town of Exton. I found the location good, cause there were lost of shops and restaurants even within a walking distance, easy excess to the highway and a train station to Philadelphia pretty close. The area was quiet enough in the nights and I felt safe there.

The reception staff was nice, polite and friendly all the time and I felt welcome. The hotel itself was a bit outdated and shabby, but well maintained, clean and fresh. Breakfast was basic American breakfast; eggs, sausage/bacon/patties, toasts, yogurt, fresh baked cinnamon rolls/muffins, juicy and a pancake machine. Coffee was served all day in the breakfast room. There was also a tiny gym with some basic exercise devices.

We got the room from the third floor and it was huge. As the hotel, the room was clean, but a bit shabby. Flat screen tv, coffee maker, fridge, huge king bed. It was ok, not bad at all. The only downside was extremely thin windows. It felt like we were having the window open all the time, cause all the sounds from the outside could be heard so well (but luckily there wasn´t much noise at all). And the windows were not as well able to keep the stink bugs outside. I read that those bugs are huge problem in Pennsylvania area especially in the spring time, so can´t blame the hotel for that. But maybe some info about those nasty bugs would have helped in advance, so I wouldn´t have freaked out about those in the first place...For those who are not familiar with those bugs, they are not harmful, just nasty.

However, I can recommend the hotel everyone, who is looking for an accommodation from this area with reasonable price and good location. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Room from third floor
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Merimaria

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Wolcott, New York
Reviewed 13 August 2011

What a GREAT hotel! The front desk staff, Veronica, Dan and Elaine in sales were amazing; always smiling and helpful! Veronica was a new employee and has a strong future in the hotel industry. The hotel is within walking distance of anything you may need. Breakfast staff was AWESOME! Just a super place to stay. I know where I will be staying on my once a year trip to Exton!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
New Jersey
Reviewed 4 August 2011

It's OK, and you get the same general benefits/amenities as at other HI Express locations. Most, however, are newer and in a little better shape than this one.

The pluses are that the air conditioning is very strong! Second, the location is very near lots of shopping & restaurants. Third, the breakfast gals really hustle! Breakfast was packed with a busload of French-speaking visitors, and they worked feverishly to keep everyone happy -- even pouring coffee for guests, etc. Great!

One downside, though, is one of the worst downsides in my book: the front desk gal chatted and giggled on the phone while I stood there waiting to check-in. And this was at night after a long drive. That's the worst. And I mean, she didn't care at all that someone had arrived! She was standing right in front of me, not 2 feet away, yet didn't make eye contact, set the phone down or hurry to finish her call. Didn't even bother to hide the fact that she it was a casual call. The welcome cookie was nice, but I didn't really enjoy it after that level of check-in service.

Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank brunello44
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 31 July 2011

We stayed at this hotel for a week for a softball tournament. One of the parents called to ask about a stay and was lucky enough to reach the Manager, Elaine. She was such a blessing! She helped us book a stay, personally introduced herself to us when we arrived, prepared some directions and couons for our group and went out of her way to make the week a wonderful stay.

Clean rooms, clean hotel, FABULOUS SERVICE, great pool, reasonable price....what else could you ask for? I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone, expecially groups traveling together.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank BELECTRIC
Brookfield, Connecticut
Reviewed 30 July 2011

The staff at the front was very helpful and knowledgable; the room was very clean and comfortable. And a nice location for shopping

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
Salisbury
Reviewed 19 July 2011

From the time we came in the front door, the level of service at this hotel was obvious. The young ladies at the front desk were professional and very friendly. They were knowledgable of local attractions which made our stay more enjoyable. The pool was a salt water pool and we enjoyed it. The beds were awesome. The best in any hotel I have stayed in this year!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 12 July 2011

I have a volt and Heidi from sales was very nice to make sure I had an area to plug in my volt. She alerted the front staff so everyone know I was coming. She even insured that my room would be directly adjacent to my car. I have a Chevy Volt that runs on an electric charge. The facility is very clean, the free breakfast was very good and fresh. Thank you again for making my stay a very pleasant overnight stay.

Marc Cohen, DC

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Exton
Hampton Inn Exton
Hampton Inn Exton
#2 of 8 in Exton
Comfort Suites West Chester Exton
Hampton Inn Philadelphia/Great Valley/Malvern
Home2 Suites by Hilton Downingtown Route 30
Hilton Garden Inn Exton / West Chester
Clarion Hotel & Conference Center at Exton

Been to Holiday Inn Express Exton - Lionville? Share your experiences!