“Great stay”

Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Exton
Oriskany, New York
“Great stay”
Reviewed 18 September 2013

I have stayed at a number of Holiday Inn Express Hotels. I am always pleased and never disappointed. The staff in Exton was very accommodating. I arrived early and they were more than happy to give me an early check in. I arrived at 11 am and had a room by 1130. The manager had the cleaning staff get a room ready for me as soon as I walked in. You don't usually see this at any other hotel. The room was clean and well stocked with towels. The Holiday Inn Express is the only Hotel I stay at that does not give me a hard time about parking my motorcycle under the awning during my stay. I would HIGHLY recommend people to stay at any Holiday Inn Express. I would like to see the cooperate office try and become the national hotel sponsor for the Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation Ride for Kids. This is the foundation I work for and do travel with. We usually stay at the Holiday Inn Express. We raise money through motorcycle events to fund research for childhood brain tumors. Thank you for everything and I look forwrd to staying at the next Express.

Room Tip: All the rooms are pristine.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
HIEExton120, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Exton - Lionville, responded to this review, 28 October 2013
Jason P: We thank you so very much for taking the time to let us know about your stay with us. We are pleased to know we could get you into your room early so you could get to the places you needed to be at. The pleasure is ours to be sure your stay with us is a great stay, as well as a memorable one. We look forward to seeing you next fall for the Ride for Kids Benefit.
Amy Collins; Operations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Fayetteville, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed 15 September 2013

I am in the Army and had to stay here for 12 days straight and all I can really say is that the staff here made me feel like home while I was away from home! They are very nice people and I can tell they work hard! A big shout out to Jerry, Victoria, Heike, and Elaine for their wonderful personalities and treating me so well! :)

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
HIEExton120, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Exton - Lionville, responded to this review, 18 September 2013
Bryanna K. Thank you so much for taking the time to give "shout outs" to our family! We are very fortunate to have some amazing employees that help to make our guests feel like family. It's so nice to hear thats how your stay with us felt and you felt like you were home. We look forward to seeing you back at our home, when your back in Exton again.
Flint, Michigan
Reviewed 19 August 2013

taking my daughter to college stop here for the weekend had know ideas this hotel was here there are so many of them in this area . this hotel is surround by everything, malls small stores, food, anything you want. but most of all, if you come here ask for Mrs. Victoria, she is the best thing that is happen at this hotel, she will help you with anything. I watch her help people, who did not stay here, she is a wonderful person.

Room Tip: ask for Victoria
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
express120, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Exton - Lionville, responded to this review, 29 August 2013
Dear Sharon O,
How very kind of you to take the time to comment on your recent stay. We are most fortunate to be in a very convenient location but without a great staff we are just another building in a suburban commercial area. It is our people, like Victoria, who make a stay with us memorable. With leadership like Victoria's we have endeavored to create a culture of caring, first class service and it is so rewarding to hear comments like yours. Thank you so very much and we hope to see you again soon.
Oradell, New Jersey
Reviewed 19 August 2013

I stayed here this past weekend for a soccer tournament. We checked in to our first floor room (114) and I immediately noticed that the top sheet had a dark stain on it. The bottom sheet had a half dollar sized stain at the head. The window shelf had a large dead spider on it, and various webs, so I decided to ask for a new room. I was given a room two doors down (116), and was happy to find that the bedding appeared clean, though the room smelled moldy. The window sill had a dead bee on it, the A/C unit had a thick layer of dust on it, and the wallpaper under the window had black mold growing on it. Giving up on finding a nice room, we settled in, and enjoyed the mildew stained shower, and assorted hairs throughout.

The Staff was curt and unapologetic for the first room issues, and didn't even ask how the second room was when I returned the first set of keys. I'm not picky, but wouldn't stay here again.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
HIEExton120, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Exton - Lionville, responded to this review, 28 August 2013
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to leave us a review. We strive to provide the best possible service and we appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us. We are very sorry to hear that you experienced inconviences during your stay, and we did not meet your expectations. We appreciate all reviews that we recieve from valued guest like you. This enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure we do not fall short for our future guests. We hope that when you return to the Exton area, you will give us another chance to make your stay everything you expect and more.
Wolcott, New York
Reviewed 6 August 2013

I have stayed at this hotel each year for 6 tears. The hotel is well mainained. Nice outdoor pool.Close to the Exton Mall and food options. Winners Circke Sports Bar accross the street is a good choice. The front desk staff, Blaise, Vicoria, Lesha, Heike and Mandy go out of their way to be helpfull. Have a chat with Jerry who works nights! Great person! Elaine in Sales makes each guest feel like like they are visiting with family. I wouldn't think of staying anywhere else.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Joe B, you ARE part of our family! Your continued support of our team is so greatly appreciated. Thank you so very, very much for the kind words and taking the time to recognize so many of the team by name. I have posted your review for all staff to read in order that they may be justifiable proud of the efforts they put forth on a daily basis. Recognition like yours is a boost to morale and serves as motivation to continue to strive to exceed our guest's expectation. We look forward to your next visit. Michael J. Egolf - General Manager
Milford, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 23 July 2013

We stayed at this hotel for a baseball tournament. It was an excellent experience. The staff was wonderful, Elaine was by the #1!!! They brought out waters to the kids in the pool, they let us use the meeting room for dinner. The rooms were clean and was priced just right! Breakfast was by far the best in a hotel that we have had.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Thank you, Jo T for your very kind remarks about your stay with us! As you may have noticed it has been a very busy tournament season for us this summer but I am very pleased to see we continue to provide our visiting teams with exceptional service. It means so very much to us when you take the time to submit such wonderful observations. On behalf of our entire "family", I extend our deepest gratitude and best wishes for your team. We hope to see you again very soon.
Michael J. Egolf - General Manager
Lake Ariel, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 22 July 2013

We just stayed here while we were in the area for a baseball tournament. The staff was friendly and helpful. The manager made welcome packets and had file folders of information on the area for us at the front desk. The room was very clean and everything you could want for the price. Pool was refreshing and clean with a nice deck area to relax. The location couldn't have been better!!! We were able to walk to restaurants, shops and grocery store. Anytime we are in the area this is where we will stay!

Room Tip: If you need a refrigerator, ask for one when booking because they are not in every room and are limi...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
express120, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Exton - Lionville, responded to this review, 28 August 2013
It is refreshing to hear so many kind comments from the various teams that travel to our hotel. As you observed, we try to anticipate the needs of families and teams traveling to our area for competitions and in some small way we feel invested in the success of your team by doing our part in reducing the "hassle factor". From the housekeepers and the front desk staff as well as the breakfast crew I extend a very sincere thank you for your remarks regarding our efforts. Please come and visit us again, soon.

Michael J. Egolf - General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Exton
Hampton Inn Exton
Hampton Inn Exton
#2 of 8 in Exton
Comfort Suites Exton
Home2 Suites by Hilton Downingtown Route 30
Hilton Garden Inn Exton / West Chester
Hampton Inn Philadelphia/Great Valley/Malvern
Sheraton Great Valley Hotel

Been to Holiday Inn Express Exton - Lionville? Share your experiences!