“Fantastic! What a find!”

The Historic Fairfield Inn 1757
Ranked #1 of 1 Fairfield B&B and Inns
Reviewed 19 July 2014

My fiancee and I were in Gettysburg for bike week 2014 and we were lucky enough to find this gem. We were in the 1757 suite, it was comfortable, clean and homey. The staff was great and chef Terry's menu and breakfast creations were excellent. Now that we've discovered the historic Fairfield inn 1757 we will definitely be going back.

• Stayed: July 2014
John G K, Owner at The Historic Fairfield Inn 1757, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

It was great having fellow bikers here at the Inn. Thanks for staying.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

My wife and I had the pleasure of staying here July 11th - July 13th and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The rooms were very comfortable and the age of the inn along with the quirky slanting of the floors only added to the charm. The food each morning was amazing, a breakfast that would leave you full until dinner and was absolutely delicious! John was a gracious host, the cook was exceptional and we ate dinner in the on-site restaurant the second night and it was spectacular as well! The homemade biscuits and pumpkin fritters as a side were quite the compliment.

There is a very interesting display for the underground railroad on the 3rd floor and it is amazing to think of all the history this place has seen over the years. If you are looking for a great experience to stay in the Gettysburg area, I would highly recommend staying here!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

What can I say but "thank you"? I appreciate the kind remarks. Sometimes I have to pinch myself to remind me that I am a part of so much American History.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

Thanks to John and the entire staff at the Fairfield Inn for my most recent stay in the Major Starr room. I must say that the service and amenities exceeded my expectations. The breakfasts' were great! The wine selection from the local winery was an excellent complement to a very good dinner - so much so, I purchased two bottles to take home and of course John talked me into a piece of terrific blueberry pie. I started out wanting a change from the routine of chain hotels (I overnight quite bit with my job) and ended up with the history and ambiance of an 1860's Inn (with some modern updates) and a step back in time. I cant sy it enough - I simply loved the history of the place!!! My only complaint - the pillows were a bit too thin for me. It is an absolute do-over.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
John G K, Owner at The Historic Fairfield Inn 1757, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Rich - thanks for you kind comments. About the blueberry pie...I almost didn't let you have a piece because it is MY favorite!
Besides, it is fruit, so it MUST be healthy!

Reviewed 23 June 2014

We stayed in the 1757 room. It was a large suite with everything you could want. The staff were very friendly. Everything was clean and well kept. We had a great time talking with the owner and the staff. They are very professional and the historic nature of the Inn was great. The food was terrific for both breakfast and dinner. The wine from the local winery was very good as well. A great value and can't wait to come back.

Room Tip: All the rooms were beautiful. We were in the back in the 1757 suite and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

I always enjoy hearing from a satisfied guest. Thank you for taking the time to rate us.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

We stayed in the J.E.B. Stuart room which was quite large with a massive modern bathroom. Everything was very clean and the staff was extremely friendly. It was only a short drive to Gettysburg and given the high cost of bland "chain" hotels in Gettysburg, the Fairfield Inn was a real value. We were there to attend a Civil War period dance, which was held literally a block away from the Inn, which made it ideal. Breakfast was fantastic and plentiful! We had a lovely stay!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
John G K, Owner at The Historic Fairfield Inn 1757, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Thank you for your comments. I wish I had been smart enough to take your photograph while you were wearing those marvelous clothes.
Next time I will.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

We had a great time at the Inn during our three day stay. The staff was very accommodating, helpful, friendly and made us feel welcome during our stay. We Stayed in the J.E.B Stuart room. It was very comfortable, spacious and beautiful. The food was delicious and well worth the money. We also had wine from and visited Adams county Winery. I would recommend you visit the winery and visit near by Gettysburg. It was the perfect place to stay and area to visit for a much needed weekend away. We are planning to stay at the Inn when we visit this area again in the near future. Thank you

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
John G K, Owner at The Historic Fairfield Inn 1757, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2014

Thank you very much for your review. The JEB Stuart room is my favorite, and I am happy that you enjoyed it, too.

Reviewed 21 May 2014

The Inn is as comfortable & inviting as the first time we stayed there a number of years ago. The age & uniqueness of the structure make up for any lack of modern amenities (excluding the TV), which we really don't miss to begin with. We stayed in the Major Strarr room this time and the sleep was perfect, which is a prime factor to enjoying an Inn. This room is a bit smaller than some others but that did not bother us as we were gone all day (& almost all night) at the bluegrass festival which was a short drive away.
The food was very tasty as usual & the time we spent talking with other guests was a bonus.
Highly recommended for visitors to the area.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
John G K, Owner at The Historic Fairfield Inn 1757, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2014

Thanks for staying with us, and for the great review. My only regret is that I did not get to attend the Bluegrass Festival myself!
I hope to see you again soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Fairfield
The Lodges at Gettysburg
#1 of 1 in Carroll Valley
The Lightner Farmhouse
The Lightner Farmhouse
#8 of 23 in Gettysburg

Been to The Historic Fairfield Inn 1757? Share your experiences!