“Delicious Every Time!”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 3 July 2014

My husband and I have eaten at Dave and Janes about 6 times over the past 5 years. We usually go for our wedding anniversary as we did last week. The place is not fancy, the doors can be confusing, and the decor is outdated. But who cares? The crabs were perfect! We had the AYCE crabs. We had a mix of crab legs and hard shell crabs and they were perfectly prepared and seasoned. Delicious. The steamed shrimp, MD Crab Soup and Cream of Crab Soup were delicious as well. Service was great, drinks were refilled in a timely manner and butter refills were supplied as needed.

It was so good, we are talking about going back this weekend. It is well worth the $39.95 pp that we paid. I am looking forward to my next visit!

1  Thank swhite95
There are newer reviews for Dave & Jane's Crabhouse

Reviewed 25 June 2014

My husband and I ventured out for some AUCE crabs and stopped here. This was our first visit. It s not exactly clear where to enter so we went to the door that said Dining Room on it. It opened up directly beside a table with people seated, eating. We then walked over to the bar where a waitress appeared from the kitchen in her BARE FEET. She then put her bare foot up on the bar and began to put on socks. We were then acknowledged and asked if we would sit at a bar top. I personally do not like the bar tops and I prefer booths. There was only a handful of people eating and plenty of tables and booths available. I then requested a booth and the waitress didnt respond. She proceeded to put on her sneakers at the bar. When finished, she pointed to a booth and told us to sit there. We were debating on leaving, but we didnt. Now, after having said that the food was very good, as well as the same waitress's service. They were not stingy with the portions that were brought out. Our drinks were refilled timely. The crab legs were probably the meatiest, sweetest ones we've had. The MD crabs were small but tasty. The steamed shrimp was excellent and already deveined. Had it not been for that initial bare footed, feet on the bar greeting we wouldve given this 5 stars. We would return again. One other thing, keep in mind, this is a crabhouse. I wouldnt recommend for a date night or anything fancy. Strictly for chowing down on some crabs.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

We always stop by here on our way back to Virginia for some of the best crabs around and reasonable price considering the constant increase. We were the first customers arriving after opening and the waitress was just outstanding in getting our beverages and tending to our messy table of crab shells. The hush puppies and steamed shrimp was also great. This is truly a hidden Gem right outside Maryland into Pa. We look forward to a return trip to this area. Great Crabs !!

Reviewed 19 June 2014

Dave has a great crab house and knows how to do crabs the right way. Even better then the shore. Great seasoning and price is not too bad. Has all you can eat plus a big variety of other food available, but we always go for the delicious crabs. Good beer selection and friendly bartenders and waiters.

Reviewed 22 May 2014

Being from the midwest, the lure of a crab house 'close' to the East Cost was what brought us to Dave & Janes...and the fact that we were staying close by at Liberty Mountain for a wedding. Looking online and seeing the pictures painted a great picture of a 'Diners, drive-ins and Dives' place to visit! We were pumped! It is smack dab in the middle of nowhere!

Entering the building it was very noticeable it was a locals place. Was not the cleanest place, but had 'character.' Upon looking bewildered about where to sit, the bartender hollered from across the restaurant to just grab a booth anywhere. We sat at a booth, it was older and worn but clean.

Looking over the menu we were trying to decide between the 'all you can eat' crab or just choosing a couple entree's and splitting. The server came back several times to see if we were ready to order...it took us a while to look everything over. Numerous fish, crab and meat entrees to decide on. My wife ordered a "crab cluster' and I ordered the "crab Cakes.' I ordered mac n'cheese for one of my sides..i was hoping for some great homemade mac n'cheese! The food came quickly. The crab cluster was served hot but did not have a crab fork to assist in getting the meat out! The taste was very average and the claws were very soggy and did not crack very easily or at all. My crab cakes were some of the worst I've ever had. Its sad to say I've had better Crab Cakes in North Dakota. Probably the worst part of the meal was my mac n'cheese. Not only was it cold but it was the one & only Kraft Mac N'cheese right out of the box. Pathetic. Like the title says...not what we expected.

3  Thank Matt W