“Finally made it here”

The Fairfield Lodge
The Fairfield Lodge
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Fairfield
Reviewed 15 April 2012

Have been visiting the area for over 15 years for golf trips. Have probably driven by this place 100 times, and have always wanted to try it. Brought my son down to Gettysburg last week and stayed here for three days. Rooms are very clean and the beds are comfortable. The Sanders Restaurant is a 1-2 minute walk away, though the Village Book and Table can't be beat. This is like a stay back in the 60's, which isn't bad. Rooms do have a cube fridge, microwave and internet. Will definitely stay here again, as love the location and is decently priced.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 26 February 2012

Good hotel, but has no breakfast. The room is great and its really close to the mountain!

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed 15 November 2011

I just loved my stay at the fairfield Lodge! The big storm that hit the east coast in october did some damage to my place which left me home less for 13 days. The owner was kind and compassionate giving all the local people discounts . We were all so glad. The rooms are warm, clean, free wifi on my cell kept me in the know with contracters to get my place up and running. I felt like my Mom was looking after me with the owners being so kind and hospitable checking to see if I was alright. the coffee was good in th e rooms. I had meals at lovely fairfield Inn that has fabulous menu! The place was quiet and relaxing and I was close to home to feed my critters and meet contractors. the familiar area made me a lot less anxious as I delt with disaster damage. Everyone there was so kind and helpful. I will never forget. My parents used to go there when they would visit me and they always loved being able to pull right up unload an d be on one floor. I enjoyed th e microwave to heat up Fairfield Inn leftovers. yummy. thank you soooo much! Sandi

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 31 October 2011

This was a nice place we stayed at - just outside of Gettysburg. Also close to the Fairfield Inn - which is an amazing place to have dinner. You can stay there also - but for a LOT more money! We really enjoyed this little motel - clean, tidy and comfortable. Not the latest fixtures - but for our money it was well worth it. I think we paid approx. 65.00 a night. It's about 20 minutes southwest of Gettysburg.

Room Tip: Far end of the motel - away from the road is the quietest. Although the road itself is quiet at nig...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 September 2011

For a business traveler or person on holiday that just wants a clean room and some basic amenities, this place is the best. The rooms were exceptionally clean, the WIFI worked the free coffee in the rooms tasted good. Very reasonable price. The staff was very hospitable. While I stayed on a business trip to Emmitsburg, I will stay here the next time we visit Gettysburg.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank richard g
Reviewed 22 August 2011

We recently stayed at the Fairfield Lodge in Fairfield PA during the Gettysburg Bluegrass Festival. The lodge is only 8 miles outside of Gettysburg and we were glad to be out of the congestion! We selected the Fairfield Lodge based upon other tripadvisor reviews so thought I would add to the reviews. The lodge apparently has new owners and they are working hard to build their clientele. The owner was very friendly and actually placed a personal call to us a few days before our booking to make sure we were still coming and to answer any questions. An onsite manager, JW, was also very helpful. The lodge only has 10 rooms, all of which were booked when we stayed there. The room had two full size beds and was equipped with dresser, TV, Microwave, Fridge, Coffeemaker and hairdryer. The bathroom was a little small but had recently been updated and was spotless. The room was very clean. There are park benches and picnic tables in the park like yard. We will definitely stay there again. There's a great little diner next door called Saunders Square. Food was good and prices very reasonable. Locals ate there on Sunday morning so you know it's good!

Room Tip: They only have 10 rooms but just call!
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank JJABMT
Reviewed 6 May 2011

I am from this area, having moved to Georgia in 1985. This was a trip back home after eleven years. We've stayed here before years ago and its much improved since then. Cheryl and Jim were great...it was quiet and very neat and tidy. I also brought my dog so of course I appreciated that he could come along. No extra charge either! Will def. stay there again in the future.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Fire_Woman67
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fairfield
Sleep Inn & Suites Emmitsburg
Econo Lodge
Econo Lodge
#22 of 28 in Gettysburg
Quality Inn Gettysburg Battlefield

Been to The Fairfield Lodge? Share your experiences!