“Nice restaurant with reasonable value.”

Peppino's Wine Bar and Italian Chop House
Ranked #10 of 16 Restaurants in Fairview
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: (814) 474-2016 They do not have a formal web site, but they do have a facebook page.
Reviewed 28 December 2012

My review of Peppino's may be somewhat influenced by the fact that I am not Italian, am not supremely familiar with Italian foods, and simply am unable to visualize foods with names such as: Cozze e Vongolette Allo Vino, Bistecca A'Asso, or Insalata Di Caesar. For me, spaghetti, ravioli, and pizza are about as Italian as I am able to understand, lol.

Anyway, this is a nice little restaurant that is outside of Erie by a few miles and if you are really looking for a nice variety of Italian food I would recommend stopping by. The interior is nicely decorated and fairly up to date - everything is clean and orderly, staff are well matched for this type of restaurant and seem to have a good working knowledge of the daily specials and menu. Maybe it's just me but when the wait staff visits the table for one of the first times and spends nearly five minutes reciting the specials and such I am off in la-la land. Then again, some folks like that sort of stuff.

Our waitress did a fair job but truth be told there were a few times that I was sipping my drink for five or ten minutes waiting for another. Our appetizer was very nice and the warm bread that was served tasted great also. Everyone enjoyed their meals, I ordered ravioli since I was able to visualize exactly what those were.

In closing, I would not mind stopping by again if the menu had pictures or I had thirty minutes to have the wait staff provide a detailed description of all the available menu items.

1  Thank CSZY67

Reviewed 24 July 2012

I was a bit skeptical when we decided on a visit to Erie (to see family) to go out one night for dinner at Peppinos. I must say, I am NOT a big fan of Italian food at all...just too heavy for me. We were able to get a seat right away, without a reservation, so that was nice. The decor was attractive, the lighting really great...nice 'mood' lighting. Our waitress (I think her name was Michelle) was prompt and very knowledgeable about the food and the specials. We decided to order the filet with dayboat scallops and the Ahi Tuna w/noodles (with olives, garlic) (sorry, don't know that much about Italian food). The food was really really good. I really love the filet...cooked perfectly, and dayboat scallops, again, cooked perfectly, that my husband ordered (we shared). Mine was also good, but it wasn't Ahi Tuna, but rather Yellow Fin, I think. Regardless, it was a solid dish. I always think it's funny when people in Erie write reviews about restaurants being 'so expensive,' blah, blah. Hey people, I will happily pay for a great food experience! In Erie, people get used to the $1 pitchers of beer and 25 cent wings...yep, I said it, and it's true! I have had the pleasure of eating at some of the best restaurants around, and I was truly and happily surprised by Peppinos!

Reviewed 2 July 2012

Could not believe the prices. The food was good but so are others that don't overcharge.

2  Thank kathy s
Reviewed 28 May 2012

Great and creative food. Always new and delicious specials, consistently well prepared in a good atmosphere. Must try their appetizers.

Reviewed 31 March 2012

After returning home from a business trip, I wanted a quiet meal with my family and to stay close to home. We ventured to Peppino's when in the end, we should have chosen another restaurant. While having to wait for a table (not crowded but short on staff) we waited at the bar. The bartender found out we were waiting for a table and told us our waitress coulkd take our drink order when we sat down. What??? So I can't get a glass of wine until I sit at a table? So 25 minutes later we are seated. As my husband is extremely allergic to green peppers he asked which pasta dishes were made without them. The waitress made a suggestion, we ordered and waited...and waited. When our pasta dishes did arrive the entire top of my husband's dish was covered in green peppers!!! He told the waitress he couldn't touch it and since he had expressed how allergic he was to them prior to ordering the dish of her suggestion, he sent it back. Our bottle of wine came to the table around that time and the bartender asked what happened. As we explained what had transpired, he smuggly told my husband that everything is made with green peppers at the restaurant so "why don't we just change our entire menu around to suit you". Needless to say the chef came out and apologized but at that point, it was too late. We paid for our appetizer and promptly left. We have not been back since nor will we.

4  Thank Tex-PA