“Good food in West County”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Avonia Tavern

Avonia Tavern
Ranked #3 of 15 Restaurants in Fairview
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Groups, Cheap Eats, Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: www.avoniatavern.com
Erie, Pennsylvania
“Good food in West County”
Reviewed 18 July 2013 via mobile

We eat at the Avonia on a regular basis. The food is quite good; there is something for everyone.

Their chicken wings are popular but we really love their French Onion Soup. It is one of the best we've had anywhere, full of rich flavor and topped with lots of cheese. Their panini sandwiches are also very good and always keep us coming back for more.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank megawatt259

Pompton Lakes, New Jersey
“Wings wings wings”
Reviewed 22 May 2013

I could go to this place 10 times for each flavor of wings they offer...great place to watch sporting events and eat wings...cold beers and friendly staff!

Visited June 2012
Washington, Pennsylvania
“A favorite!”
Reviewed 15 February 2013

I've ate here many times in the past few years and have never been disappointed. I love the wings and the beer is fresh. Friendly fast service every time. It has a bar and tables, it has a "back home" feel to it to me. Every time I'm passing through I do my best to make time to stop by.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Borne2Travel
Denver, Colorado
“Not a wing fan, so ordered other”
Reviewed 9 January 2013

I ate there numerous times in the past 20 - 30 years. I would eat there because of convenience. The food was ok. Nothing special. As I got older and watched my diet, the menu is very limited. I had the turkey club last time. I had to remove the bacon as it was almost all fat. The group I was with (health conscience) decided this was no longer a meeting place. The service was good and the waitresses are friendly. It is broken down into 2 areas, bar (with tables) and a 2nd eating area. The place appears to be clean. I am not a total health nut, so I did eat a burger there a couple of weeks ago. It was pretty good, but a typical tavern burger. Beer is good!

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank Mark M
erie, pa
“Avonia Tavern is homey, neighborhood bar & tavern.”
Reviewed 13 October 2012

Located a mile from our house Avonia Tavern is the place to go when you don't know what to fix for dinner or guest pop in unexpectedly. Good to take-out, too.

Visited September 2012