“Nice local place to eat (and drink)”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Avonia Tavern

Avonia Tavern
Ranked #3 of 15 Restaurants in Fairview
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar Scene, Cheap Eats, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: www.avoniatavern.com
Mercer, Pennsylvania
“Nice local place to eat (and drink)”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2013

We stopped here by chance after a day checking out the steelhead fishing. We normally eat in Erie but were pleasantly surprised by this homey down-to-earth place. A nice change from the chain restaurants. The food was very good - we ate paninis and pizza, all at a reasonable price. the service and excellent and the food came quickly. We will definitely be back!

• Visited November 2013

Clarion, Pennsylvania
“A good local bar and restaurant”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2013

The best part of Avonia is the bar. Lots of friendly locals. Very friendly bar tenders.

I asked one of them what kind of food was good here? Unfortunately I got the answer I'm always suspicious of -- "everything's good here".

Sorry, that's not the case. I had a burger -- always my first choice in a bar-type place. It was OK. Fries were not included. The burger was pretty plain and just OK, like I said.

Another time, I had a chicken sandwich. Again, it was Ok.

The menu is indeed very vast, but it will take some time to try other things. My expectations are not very high.

Overall, I wouldn't recommend it for the food -- it's fine, and you'll be satisfied. Go there for the bar, and has some food if you're hungry.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Mark J
Erie, Pennsylvania
“Good food in West County”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2013 via mobile

We eat at the Avonia on a regular basis. The food is quite good; there is something for everyone.

Their chicken wings are popular but we really love their French Onion Soup. It is one of the best we've had anywhere, full of rich flavor and topped with lots of cheese. Their panini sandwiches are also very good and always keep us coming back for more.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank megawatt259
Pompton Lakes, New Jersey
“Wings wings wings”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2013

I could go to this place 10 times for each flavor of wings they offer...great place to watch sporting events and eat wings...cold beers and friendly staff!

Visited June 2012
Washington, Pennsylvania
“A favorite!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2013

I've ate here many times in the past few years and have never been disappointed. I love the wings and the beer is fresh. Friendly fast service every time. It has a bar and tables, it has a "back home" feel to it to me. Every time I'm passing through I do my best to make time to stop by.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Borne2Travel

Been to Avonia Tavern? Share your experiences!